Bottom line is Jerry has bumbled the Dak negotiations

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Yep. That 35 million for 4 years is looking pretty good now.

Ultimately it’s our organization responsibility to get the player signed.

Interesting how our ownership buckled to demands from other stars like Elliott but not for Prescott.
Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could just somehow cut or trade our GM, now that would be a day to celebrate.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Well done.

We are finally getting some young guys in who can play in Burrows and Herbort and possibly rook Lawrence. We're seeing a changing of the guard, so to speak. Dak is top 10 during a tweener time.

Im a big Kyler enthusiast, and I hope he also gets there one day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the only thing Booger should have done differently was use the non-exclusive tag to try and set the market for Prescott and his agent. Some team offers him a 4 X 35 but with a better guarantee and is willing to give up 2 1sts, now they have a decision to make but keeping him then becomes defense against the league.

I don't think they know Prescott's market and Lawrence, Elliott and Cooper were easier to slide into where they fit in the rankings and money. They went high on Elliott but were boxed in, much like they are now.

If this was a sign him or take Lawrence proposition, they might fell differently but even he's a risk. As the QB's get picked, the risk will rise and at 10 they're probably looking at best, Mac Jones, but more likely Lance, Mond or Trask.

The other part of this is having the owner as the GM and the possible embarrassment of letting Prescott walk and busting out on his replacement. I think that was one reason CIN took Burrow, that was the no brainer pick for them and they're owner is also the GM. Different ball game with the owner being the GM. I think Booger would rather overpay for Prescott than come up snake eyes with another QB. This is the same guy that tried to trade up for Lynch and was pissed at himself for not giving up more to get him after sleeping on it. He could have easily bumbles that pick and still be looking for a QB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you think McC and Moore have contributed to the conversations regarding the QB? Think they want whatever rookie QB they can get at 10 or give up picks to move up?

McC's first season as the DC HC was a disaster only equaled by Campo. Every other coaching change has had a positive result in the first year. There was speculation about McC's future and they actually had to come out and say he was not getting fired.

There is some pressure from the public and media as that slants in the player's corner but I wonder about the pressure from within and Booger is the type owner to take the temperature of certain players to get a reading. He did that before he fired Phillips.

More money to Prescott means less to go around but I assume all of these players are talking to their agents about the pending TV deals and the cap effect of that.

Then there's the question of what does Prescott really want? Does he want the tag at 37.7 and be a FA next season when the cap will be expanding? Does he even want to be in Dallas long term?

stiletto

Reaction score
I'm well aware of the cap increasing.

It doesn't seem to matter though does it?

WE use guys like Brees & Mahomes to validate paying someone like Dak... Just stop mentioning elite QB's when it comes to a Dak.

Dak is not even Tony Romo quality and we struggled while paying Romo to ever win anything.

If the contract didn't matter like you suggest then this thing would've been done ages ago.

I'm not saying the contract doesn't matter. It has to fit but who else are you gonna get? Let's face it..you are just a Dak hater. Plain and simple. No matter what you cannot objectively discuss Dak. Your opinions on him are hot garbage. So really there is no use talking to you. Again, who are you gonna get that is better than Dak? Tell me what Madden dream you have sir genius...LOL

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im a big Kyler enthusiast, and I hope he also gets there one day.
If he stays healthy, he will. I had doubts about him in the NFL after watching him at OU but between him and Mayfield and Hurts, Murray stands taller. He's the closest QB to Mahomes only he's faster.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm not saying the contract doesn't matter. It has to fit but who else are you gonna get? Let's face it..you are just a Dak hater. Plain and simple. No matter what you cannot objectively discuss Dak. Your opinions on him are hot garbage. So really there is no use talking to you. Again, who are you gonna get that is better than Dak? Tell me what Madden dream you have sir genius...LOL

Who else am I going to get? I'll get Andy Dalton if I want to maintain being average.

Or I can take a risk and try to win a Superbowl on a rookie contract.

I mean it's so hard to find a QB but our last 2 guys we pulled from thin air. It would be nice to draft some quality at the top every now and then like we did 30 years ago when we were winning titles.

If the QB busts then draft another. It's no longer franchise crushing to draft these guys high and they not pan out.

stiletto

Reaction score
Who else am I going to get? I'll get Andy Dalton if I want to maintain being average.

Or I can take a risk and try to win a Superbowl on a rookie contract.

I mean it's so hard to find a QB but our last 2 guys we pulled from thin air. It would be nice to draft some quality at the top every now and then like we did 30 years ago when we were winning titles.

If the QB busts then draft another. It's no longer franchise crushing to draft these guys high and they not pan out.

Geez....you have no idea what you are talking about. This post is complete proof.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If he stays healthy, he will. I had doubts about him in the NFL after watching him at OU but between him and Mayfield and Hurts, Murray stands taller. He's the closest QB to Mahomes only he's faster.

It's why i'm not worried about drafting QB's anymore. Especially if they are mobile.

Most of these guys are as good as their situation. Including Dak.

You got 5'10 QB's like Kyler Murray coming in and playing well in a college offense.

The transition from college to Pro's has never been easier and finding QB's has never been easier. Even guys who can barely read a defense are having MVP type seasons.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Geez....you have no idea what you are talking about. This proof is complete proof.

Instead of comments like this could you provide some proof that I am wrong about what i'm saying?

Because all of the evidence is in my favor.

So really the only thing you can do is just revert to an archaic way of looking at the QB position to validate your point. Which is what Jerry will eventually do. Which is why we suck.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could just somehow cut or trade our GM, now that would be a day to celebrate.
Unfortunately that’s not a possibility . But what we can do is adjust our expectations to match the lowering of the bar this dysfunctional organization presents this era. And not strategically design or build our teams like others with the obstacles , hindrances and handicaps our dysfunction presents.

stiletto

Reaction score
Instead of comments like this could you provide some proof that I am wrong about what i'm saying?

So really the only thing you can do is just revert to an archaic way of looking at the QB position to validate your point. Which is what Jerry will eventually do. Which is why we suck.

In the last 10+ years only ONE QB out of dozens taken in the first round has won a Super Bowl. Patrick Mahomes. That's it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I agree we will suck cause of Jethro.

But it’s why Dak represents interesting and relevant for a dysfunctional organization which obstructs and hinders more normal courses to resolve our mediocrity. The sooner we come to realize the bar has been lowered as a result can we then begin strategies to follow suit.

And why ridding ourselves of our Franchise QB regardless the reasonably argued consequences for the issues of his contract, the alternatives are arguably less favorable simply because of our leadership.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A great example how we can frame facts and stats to support an opinion.

No I like it.

So really there isn't a need for a 1st round QB either.

It's elite guys and Rookie contract guys winning titles for the most part.

Where do the Dak's fit in? His time as a Superbowl contender has passed by, correct?

stiletto

Reaction score
No I like it.

Where do the Dak's fit in? His time as a Superbowl contender has passed by, correct?

Dak can win a Super Bowl, he's familiar with the system, the players, the organization. The team needs to build a good/great defense to get to the next level. That's all that really needs to change. It's not rocket science AND we can build a good defense if they pay Dak. Absolutely can.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak can win a Super Bowl, he's familiar with the system, the players, the organization. The team needs to build a good/great defense to get to the next level. That's all that really needs to change. It's not rocket science AND we can build a good defense if they pay Dak. Absolutely can.

So we need to just build a defense.. In a league that doesn't want you playing defense with plenty of examples of our QB having the defense play well and he still not deliver.

I don't buy it.

Also, the offense is trending down. The WR's are good but nearly everyone has good WR's. Who cares.

The OL is getting old quick and falling apart. Zeke is not explosive and overpaid.

On top of all that. Dak doesn't win us games. He's just a player along for the ride. Like a flashier Dalton.

Adreme

Reaction score
I think the only thing Booger should have done differently was use the non-exclusive tag to try and set the market for Prescott and his agent. Some team offers him a 4 X 35 but with a better guarantee and is willing to give up 2 1sts, now they have a decision to make but keeping him then becomes defense against the league.

I don't think they know Prescott's market and Lawrence, Elliott and Cooper were easier to slide into where they fit in the rankings and money. They went high on Elliott but were boxed in, much like they are now.

If this was a sign him or take Lawrence proposition, they might fell differently but even he's a risk. As the QB's get picked, the risk will rise and at 10 they're probably looking at best, Mac Jones, but more likely Lance, Mond or Trask.

The other part of this is having the owner as the GM and the possible embarrassment of letting Prescott walk and busting out on his replacement. I think that was one reason CIN took Burrow, that was the no brainer pick for them and they're owner is also the GM. Different ball game with the owner being the GM. I think Booger would rather overpay for Prescott than come up snake eyes with another QB. This is the same guy that tried to trade up for Lynch and was pissed at himself for not giving up more to get him after sleeping on it. He could have easily bumbles that pick and still be looking for a QB.

All the non exclusive would do is a let a bunch of teams outright tell him “if you just wait 2 years we will give you 42/43m per year”. If anything even if no deal is done it digs him in further.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No I like it.

Who knows. It’s easy to say never until it happens.