Bottom line is Jerry has bumbled the Dak negotiations

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who knows. It’s easy to say never until it happens.

Well it has happened. Eli Manning. Eli is the tier 3 or 4 player who won while getting more then he is worth.

The problem is that is an outlier and there are far more Jared Goff / Matt Stafford types who get these big pay days and never win anything. Even elites have struggled to ever win after making 15% or more of their teams cap space.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So we need to just build a defense.. In a league that doesn't want you playing defense with plenty of examples of our QB having the defense play well and he still not deliver.

I don't buy it.

Also, the offense is trending down. The WR's are good but nearly everyone has good WR's. Who cares.

The OL is getting old quick and falling apart. Zeke is not explosive and overpaid.

On top of all that. Dak doesn't win us games. He's just a player along for the ride. Like a flashier Dalton.
And you have confidence this organization and current leadership can build a top defense. What’s carried this dysfunctional organization to any relevance this era??

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And you have confidence this organization and current leadership can build a top defense. What’s carried this dysfunctional organization to any relevance this era??

I have confidence that they can maintain mediocrity Dak.

I have no confidence they can pay Dak and build a Superbowl roster. That would be tough for a great GM much less ours.

I'd rather go with the unknown and risk being terrible but keeping our ceiling high.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well it has happened. Eli Manning. Eli is the tier 3 or 4 player who won while getting more then he is worth.

The problem is that is an outlier and there are far more Jared Goff / Matt Stafford types who get these big pay days and never win anything. Even elites have struggled to ever win after making 15% or more of their teams cap space.
Never win anything? Like winning championships is only measurement of individual talent and accomplishment. Sounds more like framing facts to support an agenda.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have confidence that they can maintain mediocrity Dak.

I have no confidence they can pay Dak and build a Superbowl roster. That would be tough for a great GM much less ours.

I'd rather go with the unknown and risk being terrible but keeping our ceiling high.
There is no high ceiling with the Cowboys anymore. Relevance and interesting is it. Our frikin owner said himself. And he’s why we’re doomed and have been for 25 years. That’s who your target should be.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Never win anything? Like winning championships is only measurement of individual talent and accomplishment. Sounds more like framing facts to support an agenda.

The only goal is to win a Championship.

I don't care about having good times and relevancy.

It's all about winning the Superbowl. That is it. Nobody cares about your good season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It's all about winning the Superbowl. That is it. Nobody cares about your good season.
That’s absolutely not correct. That’s NOT the only goal. The Cowboys success the last 25 years proves that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s absolutely not correct. That’s NOT the only goal. The Cowboys success the last 25 years proves that.

It is the only goal.

I don't know what your goal for the team is but the goal is to win a Superbowl.

If that is not the goal then by all means the Dak signing makes sense. Just sign him for whatever and move on. Who cares.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the only priority in the NFL was winning Super Bowls there wouldn’t be a Salary Cap. It would be balls out at all cost.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is the only goal.

I don't know what your goal for the team is but the goal is to win a Superbowl.

If that is not the goal then by all means the Dak signing makes sense. Just sign him for whatever and move on. Who cares.
It might be your only goal. But it’s not the owners only goal. As I stated above.

Winning a Super Bowl is a teams ultimate goal but making money comes first. And becoming a consistent contender remaining relevant goes a long way to winning a championship.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It might be your only goal. But it’s not the owners only goal. As I stated above.

Oh I know.

He puts the business before the team.

Dak is great for the business and will certainly keep us relevant.

His claims of paying whatever it took to win a Superbowl are false. He'd give up cash but he wouldn't give up things he's emotionally attached to and a lot of that is his ego will not let him.

An old guy like him who has seen the NFL a certain way would never let Dak walk out those doors. He still believes that a QB that's decent is impossible to replace.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh I know.

He puts the business before the team.

Dak is great for the business and will certainly keep us relevant.

His claims of paying whatever it took to win a Superbowl are false. He'd give up cash but he wouldn't give up things he's emotionally attached to and a lot of that is his ego will not let him.

An old guy like him who has seen the NFL a certain way would never let Dak walk out those doors. He still believes that a QB that's decent is impossible to replace.
And his opinion is the only one that matters. And why winning championships is obviously not our biggest priority.

Dak is good for business. Jethro himself has told us “ relevance and interesting “ is the priority. Obviously he doesn’t trust himself to find any better QB. Not sure why we should.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And his opinion is the only one that matters. And why winning championships is obviously not our biggest priority.

Dak is good for business. Jethro himself has told us “ relevance and interesting “ is the priority. Obviously he doesn’t trust himself to find any better QB. Not sure why we should.

People keep saying this but they pulled our last 2 "franchise QB's" out of thin air.

They have never even attempted to make a real draft investment in the position. The last time they did we won 3 titles.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
People keep saying this but they pulled our last 2 "franchise QB's" out of thin air.

They have never even attempted to make a real draft investment in the position. The last time they did we won 3 titles.
Then our plan beyond Dak is another hope and a prayer. And you wonder why were content. That’s not how we should be building teams. And why we are so doomed.

It’s really time you focused your target on the bullseye. The one constant ,

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then our plan beyond Dak is another hope and a prayer. And you wonder why were content. That’s not how we should be building teams. And why we are so doomed.

It’s really time you focused your target on the bullseye. The one constant ,

Problem is.. I don't think we could have the greatest GM that ever existed and win with a Dak making that kind of money.

It would take the type of luck the Giants with Eli had and they are a bigtime outlier.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Non-sense...Pure hater troll garbage.

Who do we beat? Bunch of bad teams.

When Zeke and the OL were rolling we could actually overcome.

Now we just brag about beating garbage teams and how proud we are of Dak's inflated stats against teams who are terrible.

When is the last time we beat a good football team?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Problem is.. I don't think we could have the greatest GM that ever existed and win with a Dak making that kind of money.

It would take the type of luck the Giants with Eli had and they are a bigtime outlier.
We’ll never know as long as we have Jethro. It’s not like it was any better before Dak. What makes you think it will be better after Dak?

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Hi

What was the great Vince Lombardi quote: Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hi

What was the great Vince Lombardi quote: Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing.

It's sad seeing our fan base so accepting of mediocrity.

You think Laker and NYY fans are ok with just having entertaining seasons and being relevant?

That's where our fan base is.

Who cares about Superbowls.. I just want Dak at all costs on my team cause he's good.