Bottom line the FO doesn't want a 2-3 year rebuild

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Getting Vrabel or Harbaugh is what this team needs IMO to get over the hump. However given the play style is much different than the way the roster is currently constructed it would’ve taken a 2-3 year rebuild to get the roster the way they want it.

During that time you have to make a decision on Prescott, Lamb and Parsons and then probably Bland, Tyler Smith, etc.

I think Jerry saw a long term rebuild as cementing not winning a Super Bowl while he was alive. Whereas the chances the next 2 years probably aren’t great they definitely are higher than going from a finesse team to a 49ers/Ravens/Lions style in 1 year.

So the FO is trying to make a couple easy tweaks rather than rebuild this thing all the way
Then they better get serious about bringing in a TOP tier FA. Not just re-signing their own or bargain bin shopping.

blueblood70

Reaction score
thats ok

keeping mccarthy and extending dak also cement not winning a super bowl for even longer and i am glad

jerry diserves to be embarassed and to lose every single game

i am at the point of rooting for cowboys to lose and i am ok to say it
and you Sir would not be a fan you're delusional no team wants to take that big a step back and no fan begs to lose.... I get what you're saying but good luck making this team that bad do you realize we just won 36 games in three years and every year the same little group like you and the guys who like your post that I have all on ignore by the way, keep predicting we were only going to be a 7 to 8 win team and we keep winning 12 games and they keep saying we're going to keep losing until they get it right they're going to keep saying we're going to lose...

Look I wanted a total purge from the coaching staff same as everyone else but getting rid of Prescott and trying to rebuild right now we still have a small window opening and I think they're gonna try one more year and in no way no shape or form should anything wish To lose.... I understand you're **** hurt you're upset you're right now burning with fire over these playoff issues but dude you lose your fan card if you hope we lose so bad just to get rid of certain players and coaches is ridiculous absolutely ridiculous I don't care who the owner is the star is what we root for and no player coach or fan wishes to lose ever....

:facepalm: :mad::confused::thumbdown::espn:

Beaker42

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter what they “want” - what they “have” is essentially a 2-3 year rebuild. Current roster construction isn’t good enough.

Gambit

Reaction score
Amazing how so many other teams don't need half a decade to rebuild. Only us, apparently.
Let me see if I can help.

The OP said 2-3 years. A decade is 10 years.

I hope this helps. Be well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So ... let me get this straight. We can't win with this current team. We can't improve because it takes too long. We gotta keep everything the same because its better than taking a step backwards ? I got news for Jerry. We're going to stink for the next 5 years with the way he's approaching this. Unreal. When do the Rangers report for Spring Training ?
You mean a team that took 52 years to get one championship you're you're gonna go by that franchise how about add in The Mavericks and the stars how many do they have in the last 50 years ohh that's right 3 championships and that's it all together unless I'm missing something The Mavericks have one the stars have one the Rangers have one am I leaving anyone out?

So Jerry sucks because he only has three championships in the last 33 years but you're gonna be mentioning all these other local sports teams that only have three together I mean seriously can the hate be any deeper can the ridiculous expectations be any deeper all of a sudden the Rangers are off the hook from having terrible teams year after year and then occasionally failing in the championship game a couple of times over their history they get a pass but Jerry doesn't he has three by himself 5 the Dallas Cowboys have we called that championship credit.... But it is nice that we can root for the Rangers the stars and The Mavericks while the Cowboys are in their offseason that's what it's all about... But again I don't wanna hear about if it's all about championships Jerry still winning because I don't care how long it's been he has three by himself the other three franchises have a total of 3 I mean my math wrong they're held to a different standard??

conner01

Reaction score
Jerry is over 80 years old. The only year he's thinking about is the next one. One of the downsides of an owner/GM staring at his own mortality.
To me if I’m 80 I wouldn’t keep doing the same thing that hasn’t worked. But that’s just me lol
I would have brought in bill and let him bring in the staff he wants. To me that’s the best “ win now” option but Jerry obviously thinks differently

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Bringing back McCarthy and extending Dak is going to turn it into a 5 plus year rebuild.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Let me see if I can help.

The OP said 2-3 years. A decade is 10 years.

I hope this helps. Be well.
It's hyperbole on my part based on the misconception that it takes X amount of years to rebuild. Not directly replying to the OP but making light of rhat prevailing thought, though I see why you think it was a direct reference. Rebuilding is not really a thing anymore in the NFL.

JayFord

Reaction score
you dont need to do a 2-3 year rebuild...we arent the commanders

you can retool go 7-10 one year or 10-7 and compete the following year

Gambit

Reaction score
It's hyperbole on my part based on the misconception that it takes X amount of years to rebuild. Not directly replying to the OP but making light of rhat prevailing thought, though I see why you think it was a direct reference. Rebuilding is not really a thing anymore in the NFL.
No not if the weaknesses are focused on

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
So, let's continue down the "Yellow Brick Road" to mediocrity for the next 3 years vs a change???? :facepalm: :lmao:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
you dont need to do a 2-3 year rebuild...we arent the commanders

you can retool go 7-10 one year or 10-7 and compete the following year
To change the style of play you need a full rebuild. This team is WAY too finesse. It needs 2-3 new OL, 3-4 new LBs, a starting RB, 1-2 DTs, another starting level slot or outside CB, potential new FS and another starting WR depending on Cooks.

You can get things like a slot CB and starting RB in the draft along with a LB. But after the 4th round, those are not guys you’re counting on day 1 and there’s not the cap space to bring them all in via FA.

It would take 2-3 years. If the goal is just outscore people then yes, you don’t need as much, but you won’t win a title that way.

kskboys

Reaction score
To change the style of play you need a full rebuild. This team is WAY too finesse. It needs 2-3 new OL, 3-4 new LBs, a starting RB, 1-2 DTs, another starting level slot or outside CB, potential new FS and another starting WR depending on Cooks.

You can get things like a slot CB and starting RB in the draft along with a LB. But after the 4th round, those are not guys you’re counting on day 1 and there’s not the cap space to bring them all in via FA.

It would take 2-3 years. If the goal is just outscore people then yes, you don’t need as much, but you won’t win a title that way.
Heeeeyyyyy, you copied my list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!