Bottom line the FO doesn't want a 2-3 year rebuild

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree with all of this, except RB.

For now, under McCarthy, with Dak as QB, and with this o-line, I don't think this is a running-based offense. It should be a pass first offense...only sprinkling in runs along the way. And the reason why the Cowboys got off to a horrible start against GB was the idea of trying to establish a running attack.

So, next season, if this offense thinks they're going to suddenly become a run-based team, even with a new RB, they're going to struggle to score points.

RB is last on the list of needs, IMO, and a RB who can catch and block is more important than a top-flight runner.

Once McCarthy and Dak are gone, and once this o-line is overhauled, then the Cowboys can focus on finding a strong runner. Until then, it's a waste of time and resources, IMO. This is Dak's time to shine, and if he can't, then move on from Dak (and McCarthy, and completely overhaul the o-line). Fill all the defense's needs, and focus on the o-line next season.

The offense had wayyyy more success when the focal the point of the offense was 1st-down passes, lots of motion and spreading the ball around, feeding CD when they could. Any time the offense tried to establish the run early, they struggled.

What did McCarthy try to do against GB? Try to establish the run early, even when they were losing. Pollard isn't the best runner ever, but a great RB wasn't going to change the success of the offense against GB, as McCarthy's predictable running plays and this o-line is not built to pound the rock.
We have no RB on the roster to get 3rd and 2. That is a monster of a problem.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
We have no RB on the roster to get 3rd and 2. That is a monster of a problem.
Pollard can get a 3rd and 2 if there's a crevice of a hole. The o-line can't create the crevice most times.

But sure, OK, if we need a big RB that can fight for 2 yards when there is no hole, I'm OK bringing in a big RB (on the cheap) and that's their sole job...fight and fall forward. No need for an expensive All Star for that role.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Only if we ditch Dak and start Trey.

Hate to say it, since I think Dak's choking is part of the problem, but realistically, based on his regular season record and what we saw of Trey Lance in SF.

Trey is another Quincy Carter project (best case scenario) waiting to happen. More like a Chad Hutchinson project.

People think Dak does stupid %#*$# now, wait until they watch Trey Lance out there.

But if we traded for him, obviously the plan is that he will get a shot.

I would say draft a 1st round QB and have him ready to replace Lance when he stumbles, but then we lose that 1st rounder for an OT which is what I think they most need to draft.
I always forget about Quincy until someone mentions him.

I have never seen an NFL QB that could not throw a spiral. It’s still amazes me. How he had any success whatsoever is a miracle, and Parcells taking that garbage 2003 team to 10 wins and a playoff berth is the perfect example of how coaching absolutely matters.

Jerry not respecting coaching because he thinks anyone can do it is the VERY root of the problem here.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet it's not longer than 3 years.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So we'll have 2/3 years of the same and THEN have to make the tough decisions. Wasting time.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Getting Vrabel or Harbaugh is what this team needs IMO to get over the hump. However given the play style is much different than the way the roster is currently constructed it would’ve taken a 2-3 year rebuild to get the roster the way they want it.

During that time you have to make a decision on Prescott, Lamb and Parsons and then probably Bland, Tyler Smith, etc.

I think Jerry saw a long term rebuild as cementing not winning a Super Bowl while he was alive. Whereas the chances the next 2 years probably aren’t great they definitely are higher than going from a finesse team to a 49ers/Ravens/Lions style in 1 year.

So the FO is trying to make a couple easy tweaks rather than rebuild this thing all the way
This is a 50 year rebuild, that is how long it will take to win anything. LMAO!!!!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Getting Vrabel or Harbaugh is what this team needs IMO to get over the hump. However given the play style is much different than the way the roster is currently constructed it would’ve taken a 2-3 year rebuild to get the roster the way they want it.

During that time you have to make a decision on Prescott, Lamb and Parsons and then probably Bland, Tyler Smith, etc.

I think Jerry saw a long term rebuild as cementing not winning a Super Bowl while he was alive. Whereas the chances the next 2 years probably aren’t great they definitely are higher than going from a finesse team to a 49ers/Ravens/Lions style in 1 year.

So the FO is trying to make a couple easy tweaks rather than rebuild this thing all the way
This origination has been mismanaged for decades and with this latest news to keep MM expect the same for the next few years or until JJ is DEAD and GONE! I'm hoping that the two idiot sons won't have the stomach to deal with the number of FANS who are going to demand changes once they get control of the team and will end up selling to a buyer that will be smart enough to know that the only route to a SB season is to get a bonafided GM to run the personnel side of the operation..................

Croomraider

Reaction score
Honestly what does FO have to do with subpar QB1 play in the playoffs spanning the
last two QB1's?

If QB 1 is not ready to lead his team to the ship then not on the FO. If anything Cowboys
Front Office gives a pretty good chance year in and year out, mainly thanks to Will McClay. GOAT

Brax

Reaction score
You nailed it! Everyone needs to understand this and stop complaining already.

:hammer:
Been in a 2/3 year rebuild the last 29 seasons Jerry just doesn’t seem to understand this. What a happy day when the 3 stooges are no longer with Dallas.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Folks, this isn't the 3-13 team Jimmy Johnson inherited, or the 1-15 team Jimmy had his first season. This team doesn't have to be torn down to be built.

If you have good pieces to build from, why wouldn't you use them? Why make it harder by starting from the bottom when you can start with a strong base to build from?

That doesn't mean that some notable changes and aggressive moves shouldn't be made, but with free agency and draft picks that can be plugged in immediately, things can be built farirly quickly as long as there is decent base to start from. The key is to replace what needs replacing.

FoxF

Reaction score
I don’t see a franchise in rebuild mode, one that needs toughness, discipline, and better coaching in multiple areas.

CCBoy

Reaction score
thats ok

keeping mccarthy and extending dak also cement not winning a super bowl for even longer and i am glad

jerry diserves to be embarassed and to lose every single game

i am at the point of rooting for cowboys to lose and i am ok to say it
That has poor sport language all over it...do you teach the youth never trust rolling up one's sleeves as well? Don't bother with a self justifying moaning. The season is over. Your team lost again. Now don't suggest blowing everything up in the mean time.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Rebuilds don’t take as long these days if all the tools are utilized-FA, trade deadline and a good draft. Jerry rarely uses two of those. You know what will take longer than a rebuild/restructure……extending Dak.
Bet, now explain how you plan on doing that quick snap shot...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Here's the only way you'll ever see a rebuild in Dallas:

31,900+ Coffin Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images ...
That is sick even to suggest...