Bottom line the FO doesn't want a 2-3 year rebuild

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This is a reasonable take. I agree but we all know how this Dak thing plays out every season. Trey is probably not the answer but I would definitely have him competing for the starting job next season.

If the Cowboys were smart, you tell Dak, that the starting job is up for grabs this up and coming training camp, and let the best man win.

True Dak fans would not mind because according to them, Dak is the most awesome QB to have ever played in the NFL and they would have nothing to worry about.
Totally agree on the competition. If all the Coaches are coming in as lame ducks, so should the QB. But again.. not sure how much competition there really is with this Lance kid.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't think Parsons isn't taking it easy. Every season has gone this way... I think it's more that he is getting worn down as a 245 DE and every year, right around the same time, it catches up with him.
Yup.

People's takes on what is wrong are just weird.

jgboys1

Reaction score
No he doesn’t. You’d have to bring in a new offensive staff. That requires Dak to learn a new system.
It is taking Dak 8 years to learn this one.

I am saying this because Dak defenders main comeback is, it's the scheme, not Dak!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
If you don’t understand what a lack of running game and not being able to stop the run does when you play good teams then I can’t help you.
You are not wrong about our lack of running game, it is incredibly terrible. Our problem this game though was that we gave up early points, which effectively took away this suffering option for us. All GB needed to do is focus on Dak and the passing game, which they did. It is no secret that the lack of balance on our offense is a major concern, putting way more pressure on our D than was necessary. Hence, the issues on this team go way beyond Dak and way beyond our issues on our Defense.

See buddy, we can have intelligent banter...:clap:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We desperately need a DT, 2-3 LB's, 2 OL's, a FS, and a RB. How are you convinced that we have the players?
Injured linebackers are coming back. Except for Vander plus quarterback coming back. Yes, we need a defensive tackle. But we had the players.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Then they have no business running a professional sports program. The Cowboys are far from needing a rebuild.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are not wrong about our lack of running game, it is incredibly terrible. Our problem this game though was that we gave up early points, which effectively took away this suffering option for us. All GB needed to do is focus on Dak and the passing game, which they did. It is no secret that the lack of balance on our offense is a major concern, putting way more pressure on our D than was necessary. Hence, the issues on this team go way beyond Dak and way beyond our issues on our Defense.

See buddy, we can have intelligent banter...:clap:
Thanks. Red’s going to be any good this year? They’ve been in a drought as well.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Thanks. Red’s going to be any good this year? They’ve been in a drought as well.
I was uber excited last year, we are finally making gains!! The number of young guys on this team is incredible, but our achilles is still pitching, which the ballpark doesn't help. Luckily the division is weak, so this could be the year if some smart moves are made in particular in the infield where it's crowded. You a fan? I still have my Starter Jacket from 1990 crested in the back, just doesn't quite fit as well LOL

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Injured linebackers are coming back. Except for Vander plus quarterback coming back. Yes, we need a defensive tackle. But we had the players.
LB's are still small, if we can add some muscle it will only help. Just not confident in the team to do so

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LB's are still small, if we can add some muscle it will only help. Just not confident in the team to do so
I’m not confident at all. But I definitely think we overachieved. We had no business being in the playoffs. With all the injuries.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was uber excited last year, we are finally making gains!! The number of young guys on this team is incredible, but our achilles is still pitching, which the ballpark doesn't help. Luckily the division is weak, so this could be the year if some smart moves are made in particular in the infield where it's crowded. You a fan? I still have my Starter Jacket from 1990 crested in the back, just doesn't quite fit as well LOL
I’m an Astros fan. I remember the battles with the Reds when the Astros were in the NL. Some good buddies of mine are diehard Reds fans so we go back and forth.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I’m an Astros fan. I remember the battles with the Reds when the Astros were in the NL. Some good buddies of mine are diehard Reds fans so we go back and forth.
I cannot tell you how much of Astros fan I almost becamse...needless to say they had an OK twin tower set of pitchers named JR and Nolan. And now, I am fortunate to have Tucker and that Alvarez monster in my RBI's pool. The Stros have some decisions to make, but their ownership group is unlike my Reds, and will keep them relevant. You can only imagine my frustration as a Sports fan with these two clown franchises! I actually live in the Toronto area and do NOT follow any of our Sports teams, they are not much different and the Leafs are getting close to 60 years without a cup...good times LOL

If you can guess where the 83 comes from I'll send you a virtual beer haha

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I cannot tell you how much of Astros fan I almost becamse...needless to say they had an OK twin tower set of pitchers named JR and Nolan. And now, I am fortunate to have Tucker and that Alvarez monster in my RBI's pool. The Stros have some decisions to make, but their ownership group is unlike my Reds, and will keep them relevant. You can only imagine my frustration as a Sports fan with these two clown franchises! I actually live in the Toronto area and do NOT follow any of our Sports teams, they are not much different and the Leafs are getting close to 60 years without a cup...good times LOL

If you can guess where the 83 comes from I'll send you a virtual beer haha
I’m guessing the last World Series win.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
We desperately need a DT, 2-3 LB's, 2 OL's, a FS, and a RB. How are you convinced that we have the players?
I agree with all of this, except RB.

For now, under McCarthy, with Dak as QB, and with this o-line, I don't think this is a running-based offense. It should be a pass first offense...only sprinkling in runs along the way. And the reason why the Cowboys got off to a horrible start against GB was the idea of trying to establish a running attack.

So, next season, if this offense thinks they're going to suddenly become a run-based team, even with a new RB, they're going to struggle to score points.

RB is last on the list of needs, IMO, and a RB who can catch and block is more important than a top-flight runner.

Once McCarthy and Dak are gone, and once this o-line is overhauled, then the Cowboys can focus on finding a strong runner. Until then, it's a waste of time and resources, IMO. This is Dak's time to shine, and if he can't, then move on from Dak (and McCarthy, and completely overhaul the o-line). Fill all the defense's needs, and focus on the o-line next season.

The offense had wayyyy more success when the focal the point of the offense was 1st-down passes, lots of motion and spreading the ball around, feeding CD when they could. Any time the offense tried to establish the run early, they struggled.

What did McCarthy try to do against GB? Try to establish the run early, even when they were losing. Pollard isn't the best runner ever, but a great RB wasn't going to change the success of the offense against GB, as McCarthy's predictable running plays and this o-line is not built to pound the rock.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I’m guessing the last World Series win.
nope, last ring was in 1990 so I have the WS Champs 90 stitched onto my jacket. 83 was when the fandom really became hardcore and oddly Mario Soto was my guy growing up in the teen years. Freud would love analyzing me as you can see my passion with QB's and Pitchers! Not sure what it all means yet though lmao

HMJYay

Reaction score
The Texans found a QB and won a playoff game in one year and the rookie QB played consistently better then Dak ever has. There is a fallacy that a total rebuild has to be done. You just have to make a few smart decisoins. What you can't do is keep it exaclty the same, or make tiny changes and expect it to be better.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
nope, last ring was in 1990 so I have the WS Champs 90 stitched onto my jacket. 83 was when the fandom really became hardcore and oddly Mario Soto was my guy growing up in the teen years. Freud would love analyzing me as you can see my passion with QB's and Pitchers! Not sure what it all means yet though lmao
Was Soto the sidearm pitcher?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Was Soto the sidearm pitcher?
nope, all heat all the time and the nastiest of change ups....eventually blew out his arm though, really curtailed his career. Jose Rijo type of pitcher, etc. Was always amazed at how long Ryan was able to pitch, and the young guys nowadays will sadly have shortened careers because of all the strain on their elbows, etcl. Kent Tekulve was a longtime Pirate but I think had a cup of coffee with them as well

Bagman

Reaction score
So ... let me get this straight. We can't win with this current team. We can't improve because it takes too long. We gotta keep everything the same because its better than taking a step backwards ? I got news for Jerry. We're going to stink for the next 5 years with the way he's approaching this. Unreal. When do the Rangers report for Spring Training ?