Boy Steve Young nailed it

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Leadership is so desperately needed on this team.

The talent is there. The offensive and defensive schemes are there.

The leadership is not.

The one guy who might actually be the best leader on this team can't fully be a leader either because the media will hammer him. (TO)

The team looks lackadasical and flat. Much like the attitude of their QB and head Coach.

We will go as far as the Focus, Urgency, and Enthusiam that our Head Coach and QB bring.

If its more deer in the head lights / I just woke up from a nap football than you can expect more games like this.

If we play with enthusiasm we can't be stopped.

If we play uninspired than we become very average.

Games like this is when a Bill Parcells foot up the arse is needed.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;2331767 said:

The leadership is not.

The one guy who might actually be the best leader on this team can't fully be a leader either because the media will hammer him. (TO)

The team looks lackadasical and flat. Much like the attitude of their QB and head Coach.

We will go as far as the Focus, Urgency, and Enthusiam that our Head Coach and QB bring.

If its more deer in the head lights / I just woke up from a nap football than you can expect more games like this.

Where was his foot up our arses every Dec?

Other than that, I agree with Young-it's been sorely missing since the Triplets days.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm sorry but Romo is very un-leaderish until we are down 10 with three minutes left. He needs to be a leader.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Boysboy;2331777 said:
Where was his foot up our arses every Dec?

Other than that, I agree with Young-it's been sorely missing since the Triplets days.

Hey im not saying we need Parcells overall again.

Im just saying if Wade and the Coaching staff keep taking this ho-hum approach after a loss than its a bad thing.

We need urgency, passion, and enthusiasm at the leadership positions.

Usually when Bill lost it wasn't from lack of playing hard.

It was because we wanted to play "Kick a field goal to win it at the end of the game" football.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2331767 said:

The leadership is not.

I disagree the offensive and defensive schemes aren't there. Offense are not doing what is need to get TO open more and defense continues to give up 20 points a game.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Parcells brought this team from what 4-12 ,5-11 to playoffs w/ Quincy Carter at QB. IF nobody saw the impact then well......

The baseball playoffs are on.

Ben Roflsberger

Reaction score
since the washington game tony has looked so lathargic coming into the game. they played their best when they were having fun.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Garland powerplay;2331797 said:
Parcells brought this team from what 4-12 ,5-11 to playoffs w/ Quincy Carter at QB. IF nobody saw the impact then well......

two words for you- "easy schedule"

Boysboy

Reaction score
Garland powerplay;2331797 said:

We had a terrible 2nd half of that season though. OK fine, he got us to the playoffs that year with a half **** QB...but less not forget we had the #1 D and a very good ST that year, AND we finished 3-4 after a 7-2 start.

The subsequent years not so much...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2331796 said:
I disagree the offensive and defensive schemes aren't there. Offense are not doing what is need to get TO open more and defense continues to give up 20 points a game.

The offense just needs enthusiasm. They can produce vs anyone and thats proven.

The defense has gotten better and a lot of other teams have flourished under this same system.

Our D only gave up 14 points today vs the Cards @ home.

There isn't a scheme out there that could overcome Romos uninspired, lack of urgency, and lack of enthusiasm football today.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dbair1967;2331811 said:
two words for you- "easy schedule"

Parcells did do a heck of a job of teaching these guys how to win.

Even though it never completely sunk in, they were still taught the game and taught well.

At times it has carried over. I couldnt think of a better team to drive down the field with no timeouts to get in a position to win than a Bill Parcells coached team.

This team finally has done what Parcells would never do and thats let these guys let it loose offensively and defensively.

It worked.

But nowthey are losing Focus, Urgency, and enthusiasm.

Wade and the Quarterback HAVE to bring that back to the table.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
What is it about Dallas teams?

I think the Boys have the same leadership vacuum that the Mavericks have and the Stars had. Funny that while they may have the talent, none have recent championships.

The obvious choices for leaders (Romo, Ware, Witten, Dirk, Modano) aren't willing or able to step up (vocally at least), and the most vocal (B. James, Crayton, Jason Terry) are not always able to back it up with their play. And the Boys and Mavs also have mercurial star players (T.O., Pacman, Josh Howard) whose off-field antics are very distracting and potentially detrimental. The Stars look like they may have finally found their true leader in Morrow.

IMO, until the Cowboys have their Morrow step up, they'll continue to wander around aimlessly flailing away and breaking hearts.

They are definitely rudderless.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Parcells? Please. His teams were just as gutless at the end of the year.

This team, for whatever reason, is still in a funk from the Washington game. They have not been physically dominant since Green Bay.

Romo, in particular, seems to not be having any fun. This team is getting frustrated. Without leadership the frustration will turn to depression and acceptance.

The media and fan base needs to back off and remove all expectations. At this point, I'd be happy with a wild card berth for a team that is improving at the end of the year.

MONT17

Reaction score
Steve young is a Chicken Head not to be comfused by a Chicken little

Boysboy

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2331923 said:
What is it about Dallas teams?

I think the Boys have the same leadership vacuum that the Mavericks have and the Stars had. Funny that while they may have the talent, none have recent championships.

The obvious choices for leaders (Romo, Ware, Witten, Dirk, Modano) aren't willing or able to step up (vocally at least), and the most vocal (B. James, Crayton, Jason Terry) are not always able to back it up with their play. And the Boys and Mavs also have mercurial star players (T.O., Pacman, Josh Howard) whose off-field antics are very distracting and potentially detrimental. The Stars look like they may have finally found their true leader in Morrow.

IMO, until the Cowboys have their Morrow step up, they'll continue to wander around aimlessly flailing away and breaking hearts.

They are definitely rudderless.

*sigh* and we all thought that DFW is the MOST peaceful place to live on this planet??:laugh1:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2331931 said:
Parcells? Please. His teams were just as gutless at the end of the year.

I think it had to do more with Parcells worrysome style football than it did with the mentality of the team.

If Parcells would have trusted these guys a little more and let Romo throw the ball than I dont think the Seattle game is decided by a missed field goal.

Parcells teams played hard. They just found ways to lose games.

This team will win 95% of the time just by playing hard because they are allowed to let it loose with their abilities offensively and defensively.

But if they come out flat and un-enthused their percentages of winning are cut waaaaay down.

morasp

Reaction score
I would prefer a Jimmy Johnson enthusiasm over Parcells, that actually worked.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2331820 said:
The offense just needs enthusiasm. They can produce vs anyone and thats proven.

The defense has gotten better and a lot of other teams have flourished under this same system.

Our D only gave up 14 points today vs the Cards @ home.

There isn't a scheme out there that could overcome Romos uninspired, lack of urgency, and lack of enthusiasm football today.
Give Romo a break. I wish he wouldn't fumble EVERY time a defender touches him, but he was under extreme duress out there, but still managed to pass for 3 TDs and 300+ yards. He is down on his O-Line right now. That is why he isn't smiling these days.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2332004 said:
Give Romo a break. I wish he wouldn't fumble EVERY time a defender touches him, but he was under extreme duress out there, but still managed to pass for 3 TDs and 300+ yards. He is down on his O-Line right now. That is why he isn't smiling these days.

The stats and everything are fine.

But his lack of emotion and enthusiasm trickles down to everyone along with Wade.

His Body language needs to be better. Hes the QB. Not the TE, LG, or any other position.

He has to look more into the game because everyone feeds off of him.