Boy Steve Young nailed it

superpunk

Reaction score
CATCH17;2333094 said:
The thing is we were doing a lot more off of it last year.

Red implemented a lot of other things he has learned from other coaches.

We used to motion TO. Now we dont. We used to throw drags. Now we dont.

They want Owens to run everyone off and let Witten beat everyone underneath.

IMO Miles can give you a lot of the same things Owens can once the ball is in his hands.

I would definetely like to see more drag routes and quick slants. Just get the ball in these guys hands.

Garrett will get things fixed im sure of that.

Im just not sure it will matter if this team plays flat.

Chad Pennington said in an interview that Sparano was the most intense coach he's ever been around. Zorn's intensity is manifest on the sideline. The guy can't help but show his emotions, particularly when his team screws up. When our team screws up, this is what we see on the sideline.

t2.wade.si.jpg

Attitude reflects leadership. "Coming out flat" is DEFINITELY something you can put on the head coach IMO. Mental errors, playing deficiencies, too often those are just excused with "This scheme suxxors!!!" But when the players look disinterested, lethargic, beaten the second someone hits them in the nose, you've got to put that on the head coach.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
It is kind of amusing to read some of these posts, after I got completely BLASTED in the preseason for suggesting that Wade was not the guy to lead this team and his care free attitude is rubbing off on them. It was evident in their play at times last season and it was abundantly clear during training camp and the preseason. Wade just is not Head Coach material, period!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
superpunk;2333110 said:
Attitude reflects leadership. "Coming out flat" is DEFINITELY something you can put on the head coach IMO. Mental errors, playing deficiencies, too often those are just excused with "This scheme suxxors!!!" But when the players look disinterested, lethargic, beaten the second someone hits them in the nose, you've got to put that on the head coach.

I agree. Thats my point. Im putting it on 1a. Wade and 1b Tony.

Wade for saying everything is ok and Tony for sulking / looking stoned.

Plus the mental errors and penalties will never stop with this team. If Parcells couldn't beat it out of them than nobody will.

Thats just something we will have to learn to live with. But if they play hard than they can easily overcome it. Thats proven.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Doomsday;2333116 said:
It is kind of amusing to read some of these posts, after I got completely BLASTED in the preseason for suggesting that Wade was not the guy to lead this team and his care free attitude is rubbing off on them. It was evident in their play at times last season and it was abundantly clear during training camp and the preseason. Wade just is not Head Coach material, period!

very few people wants to hear objective, honest evaluations about their team with warts & all..

the worst part about Wade is that he is the Head coach of a collective bunch of dummies who - with help from enabler jerry - are complacent by nature as a collective group.

so he needs to fix people who share his same fundamental mental weakness. not good.