Boys First Two Picks In 2013 Draft?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4611320 said:
Spending a 1st on a guard or center doesn't excite me.

I doubt it excites Jerry either which makes a WR or a CB more likely.

However, if Dallas is drafting late 1, a guy like Barrett Jones is probably great value and could fill a huge need (either center or guard)

Zordon

Reaction score
Next year should be called the line of scrimmage draft. We need to get some dline help, oline help and a tight end. Also, hopefully we can get a safety so we can stop the interchangeable parts thing we got going there now.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the thought of getting a blue chip offensive lineman at any point in the draft or FA doesn't excite you, I question how much you understand the game.

Here's what shouldn't excite you - Packaging a 1st and 2nd round pick for a cornerback.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
If Dallas is still looking for a OC at the end of the year it won't come from the draft, it will come in the form of Max Unger.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
SDogo;4612357 said:
If Dallas is still looking for a OC at the end of the year it won't come from the draft, it will come in the form of Max Unger.

Agreed.

How have you been slacker?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
junk;4611668 said:
I doubt it excites Jerry either which makes a WR or a CB more likely.

However, if Dallas is drafting late 1, a guy like Barrett Jones is probably great value and could fill a huge need (either center or guard)

If Jones is there and is the value pick according to the Cowboys' board, then I would think they would draft him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SDogo;4612357 said:

That's a good point.

Someone did an article on the starting centers in the NFL and where they came from (what round?) and the NFL isn't loaded with 1st, 2nd or 3rd round centers. Many are late round draft picks or UFA's.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4612864 said:
That's a good point.

Someone did an article on the starting centers in the NFL and where they came from (what round?) and the NFL isn't loaded with 1st, 2nd or 3rd round centers. Many are late round draft picks or UFA's.

That's kind of irrelevant. You can find quality C's late, sure. But you can also find complete bums like Phil Costa. In fact, those types will out number the gems 2 to 1 or more.

Who are the best C's in the league? I want one of those rather than hoping we stumble upon the next Jeff Saturday.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4612928 said:
That's kind of irrelevant. You can find quality C's late, sure. But you can also find complete bums like Phil Costa. In fact, those types will out number the gems 2 to 1 or more.

Who are the best C's in the league? I want one of those rather than hoping we stumble upon the next Jeff Saturday.

Unless a center represents good value in an early round...

Guess what? :p:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;4613105 said:
They just did.

No they didn't. They packaged their top 2 picks in a trade up.

Stay where you are. Let the draft play itself out and draft value. Don't waste picks like they most definitely did this year.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Not sure why people say it was two picks that was traded..it wasn't...it was a swap of firsts and an added 2nd...pretty cheap trade up considering what others have traded to move up.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And even if the Cowboys retained both picks...

They still weren't going to draft an offensive linemen.

Dino

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4613324 said:
And even if the Cowboys retained both picks...

They still weren't going to draft an offensive linemen.

and you get your info how ?

we could of had a OG an a C

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dino;4613554 said:
and you get your info how ?

we could of had a OG an a C

Stephen Jones.

Must be you didn't listen to any of the post-draft pressers.

Jones said that if they had not moved up for Claiborne they were looking at Brockers (defensive line) and Wagner (linebacker) as their first two choices.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4613758 said:
Stephen Jones.

Jones said that if they had not moved up for Claiborne they were looking at Brockers (defensive line) and Wagner (linebacker) as their first two choices.

Pretty naive to take that as a given. Even the writers at the team website didn't believe him when he said that.

What better way to try to justify packaging your first two picks if you tell everyone you were gonna take an ILB nobody wanted had you not made the trade.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4613758 said:
Stephen Jones.

Even if people didn't believe those specific players were the Cowboys targets, it's clear they were not going OL with either pick.

Dino

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4613900 said:
Even if people didn't believe those specific players were the Cowboys targets, it's clear they were not going OL with either pick.

oh ok so you would not have traded down for DeCastro

and then get our C

boy both of those picks would have been dumb IMO (Bockers - Wagner) give me a break

but what do I know

I know that to win games we need Romo up right

so who makes the pro bowl first DeCastro or Claiborne