News: BR: Cowboys Fans Lash Out on Twitter After Jerry Jones Fails to Trade for WR at Deadline

fivetwos

Reaction score
That could be true. But they are in a rebuilding mode and eventually they are going to need more draft picks than players. Wilson might not be their future QB. If that's the case they are probably looking into drafting players to build around a new QB.
Not sure what you’ve been hearing, but I’m local and that doesn’t appear to be what’s going on.

They aren’t in looking to dump players for ten cents on the dollar type of rebuild. They are looking to include those two in the rebuild was the impression I got.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
IF YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH THEN DON'T READ THIS POST.

When was the last time we traded for a player that helped us get into the Super Bowl. Was it during the salary cap era? When was the last time we picked up a high price free agent that helped us get to the Super Bowl? Was that during the salary cap era?

In the salary cap era, the Cowboys have been better at drafting than they are at trading. And that's the truth.
Truth is 20 plus years with no Superbowl . What they are doing doesn't work

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Truth is 20 plus years with no Superbowl . What they are doing doesn't work
Hey y'all this dude is declaring the McCarthy era is a failure already? Just 2.5 years in and he's saying it doesn't work.

Go ahead and defend yourself by saying you didn't say that, but 20 plus years includes the current coaching staff also, right? So in effect, what the current coaching staff is doing, doesn't work. If nothings working then why make a trade that's not going to work?

Ever heard of... let Russ cook. Well let McCarthy cook.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
What's funny about this is that some of us knew back in August they didn't have enough at WR. But Jerry and Stephen and the homers here kept arguing people were being reactionary, they had enough at WR, etc.

And now, if the multitude of reports are true, we went searching for WR at the deadline. LOL. This stuff is all so predictable.
We aren't "true fans" because we have opinions and thoughts that don't fall in line with the Cowboys press machine. There are several on this board that I'd love to see take responsibility for their behavior throughout the offseason, but they predictably move the goal posts week after week creating narratives that allow them to live in a world that "validates" their flawed logic and rhetoric. Doesn't really matter though. I'll take 6-2 all day every day, despite the limitations in the passing game. Hopefully they don't come back to bite us.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Hey y'all this dude is declaring the McCarthy era is a failure already? Just 2.5 years in and he's saying it doesn't work.

Go ahead and defend yourself by saying you didn't say that, but 20 plus years includes the current coaching staff also, right? So in effect, what the current coaching staff is doing, doesn't work. If nothings working then why make a trade that's not going to work?

Ever heard of... let Russ cook. Well let McCarthy cook.
Hey y'all look at this dude being a ******. This post was about Jerry and not making trades. Point is jones has been been running things this whole time through multiple coaches and the entire time playing it safe hasn't worked. McCarthy has been here 2.5 years ...how many Lombardi's in Dallas? That's right 0. So do I know if McCarthy is the right coach IDK but I know playing it safe for 26 years hasn't really worked. You wanna talk fine we can talk you wanna be a ****** hell we can do that too...

bigE79

Reaction score
I'm glad he didnt,we couldn't get the ball to the last one we had..

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Hey y'all look at this dude being a ******. This post was about Jerry and not making trades. Point is jones has been been running things this whole time through multiple coaches and the entire time playing it safe hasn't worked. McCarthy has been here 2.5 years ...how many Lombardi's in Dallas? That's right 0. So do I know if McCarthy is the right coach IDK but I know playing it safe for 26 years hasn't really worked. You wanna talk fine we can talk you wanna be a ****** hell we can do that too...
Yeah Jerry played it safe by bringing in a little known coach name Jimmy Johnson. Jerry played it safe by trading Herschel Walker. Jerry played it safe by trading for Joey Galloway. Jerry played it safe by building a billion dollar stadium.

The real problem with Jerry is him not playing it safe. Those around have had to wrangle him in over the years. But I guess you wanted the old wildcatter to draft Johnny Manziel.

So for the first time in a long time Jerry is now playing it safe. It's amazing how some fans bash Jerry, but think just like him. Gotta make the splash move. Gotta draft Manziel. Splash, splash, splash. Jerry has not been building this team to win, he just wants it to glitter.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Not sure what you’ve been hearing, but I’m local and that doesn’t appear to be what’s going on.

They aren’t in looking to dump players for ten cents on the dollar type of rebuild. They are looking to include those two in the rebuild was the impression I got.

Yes but Elijah Moore is grumbling that he isn't in tune with Wilson. He seems to be want to be traded. The Jets are also having doubts with Wilson. But I think your right. They are going to keep these receivers.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes but Elijah Moore is grumbling that he isn't in tune with Wilson. He seems to be want to be traded. The Jets are also having doubts with Wilson. But I think your right. They are going to keep these receivers.
The GM claims it’s resolved.

I would have liked to have stolen one of the two.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Yeah Jerry played it safe by bringing in a little known coach name Jimmy Johnson. Jerry played it safe by trading Herschel Walker. Jerry played it safe by trading for Joey Galloway. Jerry played it safe by building a billion dollar stadium.

The real problem with Jerry is him not playing it safe. Those around have had to wrangle him in over the years. But I guess you wanted the old wildcatter to draft Johnny Manziel.

So for the first time in a long time Jerry is now playing it safe. It's amazing how some fans bash Jerry, but think just like him. Gotta make the splash move. Gotta draft Manziel. Splash, splash, splash. Jerry has not been building this team to win, he just wants it to glitter.
Jimmy Johnson and Herschel walker was B4 last 3 Superbowls. Since then nada.Therein lies my point and no I hated Manziel but I really like Randy Moss. Which we safely avoided.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson and Herschel walker was B4 last 3 Superbowls. Since then nada.Therein lies my point and no I hated Manziel but I really like Randy Moss. Which we safely avoided.
You really trying to convince posters Jerry isn't a risk taker? Really? That's funny... you'll never get anyone to believe that. And your one example is he passed on Moss.
:lmao:

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
You really trying to convince posters Jerry isn't a risk taker? Really? That's funny... you'll never get anyone to believe that. And your one example is he passed on Moss.
:lmao:
We knew going into the season dt was a need, trading coop created a need, yet nothing was done other than washed up Hankins( I hope I'm wrong) but u cannot say the current Jerry is like the Jimmy era Jerry. Ever since Brandon Carr the salesman talks and don't deliver