News: BR: Cowboys Fans Lash Out on Twitter After Jerry Jones Fails to Trade for WR at Deadline

Praxit

Reaction score
OMG this fanbase

would i like a new shiny WR yes, but we're 6-2 lets act like it for once

just cry over everything
..Imo we dont need WR. We have Brown, CD, Gallup, Shultz, Henderson, Ferguson, other on IR.

shabazz

Reaction score
so a group of Lamb, Gallup, Brown, Washington, Tobert and Cooks would win the superbowl? This would have been Cooks 5th team. Doubt he is a difference maker.

I don’t recall mentioning Cooks name…there are many other receivers on many of the teams that could have been acquired. The Jets alone have a couple begging to get off that team and that’s just one example.

if you are happy with not making any moves while the stronger teams have all upgraded, I don’t want to change you’re mind. That’s what we’re here for. Exchange of thoughts

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All the nimrods going to tell him like they did on La'el and Randy!

Get 'em guys, YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THEY DO! :0

Well, they actually did attempt to sign Randy to a prohibitively expensive deal but got lucky that they are so bad at negotiating they scared him off at the 11th hour.

Very disappointed that they didn't attempt to better this team in pursuit of a championship, but the roster we have got already is pretty dang good.

Reactions: Ken

EST_1986

Reaction score
Where did you get this information about deliberately ignoring?

It was reported that they were trying to make a move for a WR and it didn’t work out. I’m sure they wouldn’t have to give up too much in a trade before the usual crybabies would be screaming about that.
comes from seeing words vs action with this front office

shabazz

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post of the evening

Its puzzling because when we point out a certain players huge cap hit, we are told not to worry about a players salary but when we want to add players just to keep up with our competitors, we are being told not to break the bank.

the Rams have already proven it can be done and the Bills, Chiefs and others have learned from it

Flamma

Reaction score
Who actually expected Jerry to make a big trade? I was joking around in the other thread in regard to if LV had odds on this.

Dallas makes trade at deadline +500
NO trade at deadline. -950

If I recall, someone lost some money.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don’t recall mentioning Cooks name…there are many other receivers on many of the teams that could have been acquired. The Jets alone have a couple begging to get off that team and that’s just one example.

if you are happy with not making any moves while the stronger teams have all upgraded, I don’t want to change you’re mind. That’s what we’re here for. Exchange of thoughts

We did make a move, trading for Hankins, but I agree that we could have gone for it by making one or two more moves. If you believe you have a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl, you've got to go for it IMO. However, I do find it funny that any fan thought we would make a major trade. That's just not this front office's MO now.

LysleE

Reaction score
As trite as it sounds…Jerry lives by these words…”we like our guys”. We had a legit #1 WR that we gave up for a measles 4th round pick

Tommy

Reaction score
We did make a move, trading for Hankins, but I agree that we could have gone for it by making one or two more moves. If you believe you have a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl, you've got to go for it IMO. However, I do find it funny that any fan thought we would make a major trade. That's just not this front office's MO now.
How do we even have a shot? I thought we had the worst front office in the NFL that has no idea how to build a team?

Everyone wants to complain about how terrible the FO is and at the same time we want to go all in now because we are so talented and this is our chance.