News: BR: Cowboys Rumors: Jason Garrett Asked to Call Plays After Not Getting New Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
However, it's extremely unusual for that decision to be made by anyone other than the HC. Again, if the owner of the franchise is having to give you coaching tips, you shouldn't be coaching.
It would be, but remember Jerry isn't just the owner, he is also the GM, and also remember we really don't know if Jerry did make that decision. With Jerry's history I can't rule that out as a possibility, but I can also the possibility that Garrett might have liked the idea of going with another OC who has play calling duties.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could not remember the year Garrett was calling plays. Either way, they were mediocre then too. Giving him another year to call plays so he could be mediocre again makes no sense.
I think it was 2013 or 2014 that Garrett gave up calling plays.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
And I’m pretty sure Jason was calling the plays for the Saints game as it back his normal crap vs the 1st three games. And what happened?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I’m pretty sure Jason was calling the plays for the Saints game as it back his normal crap vs the 1st three games. And what happened?
Garrett didn't call the plays for the Saints game, but I do believe the game plan was ultra conservative because they felt they wouldn't lose with Bridgewater at QB as long as they didn't turn the ball over. It obviously proved to be the wrong plan.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
No,he had his prove it year. And if it’s a situation where Jerry set it up where Moore doesn’t have HC oversight,and Garrett just has to roll with what’s being called? Then we got much bigger problems. Moore first year...HC always needs manage and help him with situations. But Garrett has stood there like a deer with Linehan too....and the infamous Romo to Choice pass for fumble WAS game says Garrett sucks at it. Who even calls that play? Yes I’m still mad at that. And what about not pulling Chaz Green in the 6 sack game? No thank you....give me the new HC.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Kellen Moore the fall guy? Hilarious. This was one of the best offenses in the league. Too many losses on the head coach and horrible decisions.
Calling it the best bast on stats is laughable. Remember all those Lions WR that looked "awesome" except they got all their stats in garbage time because they were down by 20. When they went to competitive teams they sucked. This offense feasted on bad teams and could not do crap against good teams that had above average defenses.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/REG/Cowboys

You mean to tell me that highly vaunted offense that had 4-5 teams it should have beat, hell all they needed was to be one of the following close games, Saints, Jets, Pats, 2nd Eagles, Vikings, or bills, they scored a total of 67 points total for these 6 games. Stats adn averages mean nothing without Wins.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Groveling to get “one more year”.
So, you think he is on his hands and knees begging? Come on - this is just a spin. He has nothing to be ashamed for making his case. I just think his case isn't very strong.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because most of the time OC's arent fired to save the HC. HC's are usually fired with their OC's

This isn't most organizations. I'm not saying keep anyone but it's false to say he's gone through more OC's than most. But this whole article points out the real problem. The HC doesn't get a say in how his staff performs, they answer to his boss. If not fixed the next HC will have the same fate.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
OMG...would he just get the hell out of there? Get! So sick of his crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.