News: BR: Dez Bryant Says He'll Return to NFL; Targeting Cowboys Reunion

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm biased but I would sign him, assuming his asking price was reasonable. Protects you some from losing Cobb and Austin (and hopefully not Cooper too). He would absolutely have to understand that this is McCarthy's and realistically Dak's team, and that there would be zero tolerance for any off-field, sideline, or locker room antics.

For Jerry, this is a media and merchandise win.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
He's probably worse at in-line blocking, but who knows if McCarthy is going to want his TE's to do that as much as they did.
He's also probably worse at running routes like Witt and finding those soft zones in the middle.

I dunno...

With a missing leg he would be faster, and he wont fall down because someone looked at him too strongly lol

aria

Reaction score
What a loser, he’s so desperate for attention it’s sad and pathetic. Find another hobby outside football and Twitter Dez, it’s over, you couldn’t even catch a critical ball in a playoff game against Green Bay :popcorn:

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
Honestly who would be opposed to this. If he comes back and sucks he gets cut. On the flipside he could come back and be a huge help...either way I dont really see where risk outweighs reward

cowboyec

Reaction score
i wouldn't hate it.
be cool to have him back.
i say this all the time...atleast he gives a damn about being a Cowboy.
so what the hell...bring'm back.

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course so then it shouldn’t be so easy to bash a player that was one of his many scapegoats over the year.
Bash? No bashing going on here, only fact stating. Dez refused to run routes and refused to do his rehab and threw everyone under the bus when he was leaving. By the time he left here, he'd been reduced to almost nothing, as his spring was gone and he'd never learned to run routes. This is all factual, no bashing.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dez, just go and retire already. It's enough having to deal w/Lawrence' mouth all the time.

Verdict

Reaction score
I was right about Dez. I’m glad Dez is gone.
As glad as I was to see Dez go, (and that was a LOT) I think I would take Dez over Witten if he played tight end.

That tells you how badly I want Witten gone and away from this team.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What a loser, he’s so desperate for attention it’s sad and pathetic. Find another hobby outside football and Twitter Dez, it’s over, you couldn’t even catch a critical ball in a playoff game against Green Bay :popcorn:
Why is he a loser?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm biased but I would sign him, assuming his asking price was reasonable. Protects you some from losing Cobb and Austin (and hopefully not Cooper too).
I do not understand this at all.

Dez can't play in this league any more.

He doesn't have the talent.

zerofill

Reaction score
He gets to compete for where he would fall in the depth... so why would it matter if he came back? he will either make it or not...

I mean it isn't a really big deal...all that time off may have actually helped him.

You really lose nothing by seeing how it goes. (depending on what they would sign him at)

pgreptom

Reaction score
Since an overwhelming majority of fans want Bryant to resign, pretty good chance it doesn't happen.

zerofill

Reaction score
Since an overwhelming majority of fans want Bryant to resign, pretty good chance it doesn't happen.

Yeah I don't care one way or the other... But, if he shows he can do it... I have no problem with him signing.
90% of the crap the media was pushing about sideline antics, all came out on MIC'd up videos, and was nothing
at all like what they said.

He made himself look bad in the Training camp video series... But, who knows what built some of that up. I mean it isn't
like we didn't know our coaching staff sucked. Dez isn't exactly articulate in how he voices his issues either. Basically has the
language skills of an 8 yr old. But, if he can go... and make some game changing plays... go for it. They will know if he has
anything to give in training camp. I mean it isn't like they won't have ways out of that contract.

firewater

Reaction score
He loves this goofball team. I watched the players onthe sidelines in 2019 and none cared. Can't say that about 88.