News: BR: Jadeveon Clowney Rumors: Cowboys Have No Interest; DE Seen as 'Too Expensive'

fivetwos

Reaction score
Agree......last I heard/read, Seahawks offered $13-15M alone with Browns. He thinks his value is closer to $20M.
Well, as much as I want Clowney, if he wants anywhere north of 12 for his signature, take it elsewhere.

Has the entire league lost Griffens number or is there more to him than we know?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Everything has to be a "bargain,"
Thats how they became billionaires !!!! lol buy cheap sell big, sucker born every day.
The jones boys love bargains, they thought wheedon was a bargain being a former # 1 pick.
They thought gregory was a bargain too.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well, Crawford is locked up at a bargain rate, so....yep

This defense isnt ready.

The only shot we have is going 2016 by playing keep away.

Strong OL, power run with fatty stoner, dink and dunk....maybe using our WR as decoys for the most part.

Hey, may as well just let Dalton do that.

Where are we headed as an organization exactly?
power run with fatty stoner lol very funny, that is a new one

Where are we headed as an organization exactly?....they dont know but they heard bells!! probably "bargain city" for the latest bargains.
They dont realize, SB's are not won with "bargain" players lol.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Thats how they became billionaires !!!! lol buy cheap sell big, sucker born every day.
The jones boys love bargains, they thought wheedon was a bargain being a former # 1 pick.
They thought gregory was a bargain too.
I thought it all started with Jerry wild-catting oil wells that were given up on by previous owners.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well, as much as I want Clowney, if he wants anywhere north of 12 for his signature, take it elsewhere.

Has the entire league lost Griffens number or is there more to him than we know?
yeah I agree, and the problem I have is the jones boys dont even try to get some of these players at a cheaper rate than what they are asking.
If it were me , I would go talk to the guy, see where his head was at, and make him a offer.
if he turns it down fine, I tried, but jones boys dont try.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I thought it all started with Jerry wild-catting oil wells that were given up on by previous owners.
Actually, jerrys dad gave him a few million to work with, and from what I read jerry made his money buying land looking for oil, if none found,
clean it up and sell to some sucker as potential good land, lol then when they ran out of money, he would buy it back for pennies on the dollar,
and then do same thing again. And he made millions doing that , but still had to borrow money to buy the cowboys.

Jipper

Reaction score
What? Why?

When Tyron Smith and Zack Martin are done? Nice strategy

4 to 5 year window means it’s started this year....Martin has 4 to 5 years left....smith maybe 3 to 4 so it’s not too far off...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Actually, jerrys dad gave him a few million to work with, and from what I read jerry made his money buying land looking for oil, if none found,
clean it up and sell to some sucker as potential good land, lol then when they ran out of money, he would buy it back for pennies on the dollar,
and then do same thing again. And he made millions doing that , but still had to borrow money to buy the cowboys.
Awesome. Thank you for the history!

eternaljester81

Reaction score
If it was up to Stephen Jones, the whole roster would be made up of rookie contracts and league-minimum guys. There’s gotta be a happy medium between Jerry’s free-spending and Stephen’s penny-pinching.

fivetwos

Reaction score
power run with fatty stoner lol very funny, that is a new one

Where are we headed as an organization exactly?....they dont know but they heard bells!! probably "bargain city" for the latest bargains.
They dont realize, SB's are not won with "bargain" players lol.
Ita a mix of a mess and suddenly I'm not quite as enthusiastic about this season as I once was.

8-8 (no man's land) sounds about right again.....which is all cool....if you have a plan.

I want to know what that IS exactly.

fivetwos

Reaction score
4 to 5 year window means it’s started this year....Martin has 4 to 5 years left....smith maybe 3 to 4 so it’s not too far off...
You can take an NFL team from the cellar to playoff contender in three seasons.

That very well documented.

They've been at it for 25. Let me know when they have a clue as far as a direction or plan

I just want to know what that IS right now, that's all.

Not even results, just tell me where you're going.

We wont open the checkbook for Prescott, or an upgrade at RDE, so we must be rebuilding yes?

Someone needs to ask that question but they dont want to lose their job, so everyone defends it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
In THEIR heads, I think they are completely all in to win now, but without completely deleting the future.

I think they believe they can win the whole thing.

I think you are right and they are wrong.

fivetwos

Reaction score
In THEIR heads, I think they are completely all in to win now, but without completely deleting the future.

I think they believe they can win the whole thing.
Yep, some half-***ed scheme to win now yet not compromise the future.

Is that the "secret sauce?"

Wonder how many NFL execs sit and laugh at those two.

I personally wonder how close it actually is to Buford Justice and Son lately.

"He's our guy." Then dont sign him when he doesnt cave in. That helps.

Tell me, as a fan, where this organization is headed.

That's all I want, but I wont get it. All I'll get is an ad to buy an 88 Lamb jersey.

Pull the ball away yet again Lucy.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
They already have one mega-contract at DE with D Lawrence.

Maybe the combo of Alon Smith, Crawford, Gregory and Anae can fill int e DE blanks enough.

The interior looks better/deeper with Poe, McCoy, HIll, Woods, and Gallimore
Aldon Smith is the key.

If he is productive, we are fine.

Clowney is a luxury signing if we were 1 player away from being top 3.

But we have way more questions than that.

Questions all over the defense: DL, Lbers injured and aging, safeties and CBs unproven are all being mixed without any certainty of success.

We wait until next year before spending more IMO.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yep, some half-***ed scheme to win now yet not compromise the future.

Is that the "secret sauce?"

Wonder how many NFL execs sit and laugh at those two.

I personally wonder how close it actually is to Buford Justice and Son lately.

"He's our guy." Then dont sign him when he doesnt cave in. That helps.

Tell me, as a fan, where this organization is headed.

That's all I want, but I wont get it. All I'll get is an ad to buy an 88 Lamb jersey.

Pull the ball away yet again Lucy.
They dont plan, they ad lib every year, spur of the moment deals, like cooper.
They had no plan to hire MM and let him hire a whole staff, they just did all that spur of the moment.
I think that is one of their better moves in years, and it might work out good.
One plan was to build a coach in JG, and that went on for years lol till finally they gave up on that.
But every year is a SB year to jones boys, they think if you just get in playoffs, their team can get hot and go all the way.
That isnt how the playoffs work though, even though a few teams have done that.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Aldon Smith is really going to be counted on now to perform. DeLorean anyone.??