News: BR: Jadeveon Clowney Rumors: Cowboys Have No Interest; DE Seen as 'Too Expensive'

kskboys

Reaction score
power run with fatty stoner lol very funny, that is a new one

Where are we headed as an organization exactly?....they dont know but they heard bells!! probably "bargain city" for the latest bargains.
They dont realize, SB's are not won with "bargain" players lol.
Casillas and Haley were bargain players!!!!!! Also, Nate Newton, James Washington, and Thomas Everett!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, as much as I want Clowney, if he wants anywhere north of 12 for his signature, take it elsewhere.

Has the entire league lost Griffens number or is there more to him than we know?
Clowney wants 20. He said it weeks ago. And has turned down around 15 or so.

DanA

Reaction score
It seems like I hold an unpopular opinion that the defense will be better this season and that the D-kind is actually stronger than the O-Line.

To me:
- Aldon Smith shouldn’t be any good but workout reports tell me he will be.
- Poe and McCoy are better than Woods and Collins
- Lawrence is healthy and should return to 2018 form.

I’ve got to say that I’m cautiously optimistic.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I still think Stephen is under the impression that whatever cap room the Cowboys don't use each year goes directly to him.

Jerry was reckless with contracts. Stephen is cheap. I don't know which one I hate more.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, Crawford is locked up at a bargain rate, so....yep

This defense isnt ready.

The only shot we have is going 2016 by playing keep away.

Strong OL, power run with fatty stoner, dink and dunk....maybe using our WR as decoys for the most part.

Hey, may as well just let Dalton do that.

Where are we headed as an organization exactly?
All this because the Cowboys won’t chase Clowney - one player at one position on defense? Obviously there are questions to be answered, but throwing in the towel already?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jadeveon Clowney Rumors: Cowboys Have No Interest; DE Seen as 'Too Expensive'

hi-res-c7a7391381089498dd828c732ae84016_crop_exact.jpg

As he looks at his potential landing spots, Jadeveon Clowney can cross off the Dallas Cowboys . The Fort Worth Star-Telegram 's Clarence E. Hill Jr...

Read Full Story

2014 called and it didn't realize how fragile you were.
So much moneyes for a part-time player.:rolleyes:

fivetwos

Reaction score
All this because the Cowboys won’t chase Clowney - one player at one position on defense? Obviously there are questions to be answered, but throwing in the towel already?
This defense as is isnt going to cut it if they have any designs whatsoever of playing late into January.

One pass rusher could make a serious difference yes.

I'm just questioning if its win now or rebuild, because every team ought to be doing one or the other.

They arent good enough to do the former, but it certainly doesnt appear to be the latter either.

It seems like they want to ensure they stay right where they are.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Sure hope Smith plays out of his mind, since no Gregory and we know what we are getting with Crawford. Hope the rookie is the real deal.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I liked the Clowney play as a 1 year flip into a 3rd or 4th round comp pick.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This defense as is isnt going to cut it if they have any designs whatsoever of playing late into January.

One pass rusher could make a serious difference yes.

I'm just questioning if its win now or rebuild, because every team ought to be doing one or the other.

They arent good enough to do the former, but it certainly doesnt appear to be the latter either.

It seems like they want to ensure they stay right where they are.
The Cowboys did add some interior D-Line help that could help with the interior pass rush, and although there are big questions at RDE, I don't agree with the idea of throwing in the towel if we don't have who we ideally might want at that position. The competitor in me doesn't allow for throwing in the towel before getting a chance to see how things unfold, and history would show that there have been a lot of players that were a pleasant surprises over the years.

I also don't agree with the idea of win now or rebuild - building is always going on, so it's not always go all in, or start over.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Clowney is always hurt and barely interested in football.

No thanks.

Go get me Jamaal Adams.

bewp7

Reaction score
idk what the numbers look like if dak play on the tag and i dont like spending big $$ in free agency most of the time but clowney is probably the type of player the cowboys should invest in if they can cap wise. his sack numbers might not be great but he is a really big impact player all around in term of pressures, run defense, etc which helps all levels of the defense. he is a really really good player and he will prolly end up with the patriots or something.

he would be way more impactful and way, way cheaper then say jamal adams.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Cowboys did add some interior D-Line help that could help with the interior pass rush, and although there are big questions at RDE, I don't agree with the idea of throwing in the towel if we don't have who we ideally might want at that position. The competitor in me doesn't allow for throwing in the towel before getting a chance to see how things unfold, and history would show that there have been a lot of players that were a pleasant surprises over the years.

I also don't agree with the idea of win now or rebuild - building is always going on, so it's not always go all in, or start over.
Nothing wrong with that.

Just wondering exactly what the plan is here.

It doesnt seem clear.

catiii

Reaction score
Jadeveon Clowney Rumors: Cowboys Have No Interest; DE Seen as 'Too Expensive'

hi-res-c7a7391381089498dd828c732ae84016_crop_exact.jpg

As he looks at his potential landing spots, Jadeveon Clowney can cross off the Dallas Cowboys . The Fort Worth Star-Telegram 's Clarence E. Hill Jr...

Read Full Story

A good defense is too expensive but a RB is not. Typical Arkansas plunger decision. We'll see how long Big Mike lasts with no defense and an owner not willing to invest in one.

Sydla

Reaction score
Shortsighted by the front office especially in light of the fact that Gregory is an unknown.

They are stupid if they think we can roll into the 2020 season with our RDE manned by a DT trying to play DE and a guy who hasn't played a NFL snap since 2015.

There is ZERO reason Griffin or Clowney shouldn't be here at some point soon.