News: BR: NFL Rumors: Dak Prescott, Cowboys Haven't Had Any 'Substantial' Contract Talks

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why is this a surprise because this is social media creating all this drama about the $60 million and resetting the quarterback market and all this talk it's nothing is validated because it's all rumors all this the last week people been on fire talking about how Prescott is selfish and he doesn't deserve his money that like he's demanding it and really this is all being started by social media...

The fact is I thought rumors weren't allowed to be discussed but yet there's already at least three threads talking about Prescott's contract that isn't even real yet there hasn't been a single mention from the star or any real valid resources close to the Cowboys that have stated this is his demands or that they even are gonna resign a more extended...

So this is not a surprise people it's been a rumor from day one rumors get started easy on social media especially Twitter then it catches fire and it ends up everywhere as if it's valid./. Just like all the threads on Dan crane in Washington poaching our players and who's next and who's going where it's all rumors every bit of it is a rumor it's a feel..... We're in a dead zone for sports right now so yeah the Dallas Cowboys are gonna be mentioned at every single turn of a page on the internet... Somehow now you talk about a Mavericks game and and all of a sudden Prescott's name gets mentioned in the same thread like it's it's out of control..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is a goofball but he ain't that football STUPID.
All of America has seen what serious limitations this QB has and any talk of an extension is wishful thinking.
Either we absorb his cap hit and he plays out his final year or is traded/post-June 1st cut.
There is no emotion here no hate no love just the facts that clearly scream out............... NEXT PLEASE this one is a DUD!

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
All of America has seen what serious limitations this QB has and any talk of an extension is wishful thinking.
Either we absorb his cap hit and he plays out his final year or is traded/post-June 1st cut.
There is no emotion here no hate no love just the facts that clearly scream out............... NEXT PLEASE this one is a dud!
Hopefully this team is working on the right decision. Find a way to move on

rambo2

Reaction score
There is no emotion here no hate no love just the facts that clearly scream out............... NEXT PLEASE this one is a DUD!
Lol

Staubacher

Reaction score
I think Jerrah is that stupid. He got fleeced by Zeke and Dak with nothing to show for it. He'll double down like he did for 10 years with Garrett

blueblood70

Reaction score
Deadlines make deals,--Jerry Jones
but it's absolutely true,

when they're paying some of these players record-breaking NFL money especially at quarterback there's gonna be some hardcore negotiations and some grand standing you know like a standoff...​
it happened Lamar Jackson deal didn't get done very quick,heck there were trade rumors hap[p[enig all over ie the team said go find anew team, they let Chris Jones hang out in the air for a while over there in Kansas City,​
I mean this is normal and yet every time something that happens almost yearly to other NFL teams they make it like it's a Jerry Jones thing you try to make a mockery out of him when this is normal business. This is how it works most of these things are not gonna write themselves when these types of players are market setting record deals at their positions.​
of course you want to play with another man's money but Jerry Jones has a right to try to get the best deal possible that's negotiations didn't go well last time and he came like he was supposed to cave sooner and give up all that ohh no trade clauses no franchise tag clauses big money....​
I mean in the end he tried to get the best deal and it still didn't work out but that's what you do and by the way guys these are all rumors the fact that the deal is not done yet is because the season for the business of the NFL 2024 doesn't start until March... Usually deals are not even in talks until the new year starts that would be sometime in March... That's when they tag start that's when people are truly free agents. I don't think anybody is a true free agent until the new league year officially starts on that day is when negotiations start...​

So, I like how most of this place doesn't want Prescott resigned to $60 million and yet they find a way to mock Jerry for trying to make sure he takes his time to make sure that doesn't happen if it's possible...​

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The problem with this is the longer they wait the more likely Tua gets signed for 57… then Goff for 58… then Love for 61… then Trevor for 63…

Suddenly your 55m$ extension is now a 65m$ extension

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is this a surprise because this is social media creating all this drama about the $60 million and resetting the quarterback market and all this talk it's nothing is validated because it's all rumors all this the last week people been on fire talking about how Prescott is selfish and he doesn't deserve his money that like he's demanding it and really this is all being started by social media...

The fact is I thought rumors weren't allowed to be discussed but yet there's already at least three threads talking about Prescott's contract that isn't even real yet there hasn't been a single mention from the star or any real valid resources close to the Cowboys that have stated this is his demands or that they even are gonna resign a more extended...

So this is not a surprise people it's been a rumor from day one rumors get started easy on social media especially Twitter then it catches fire and it ends up everywhere as if it's valid./. Just like all the threads on Dan crane in Washington poaching our players and who's next and who's going where it's all rumors every bit of it is a rumor it's a feel..... We're in a dead zone for sports right now so yeah the Dallas Cowboys are gonna be mentioned at every single turn of a page on the internet... Somehow now you talk about a Mavericks game and and all of a sudden Prescott's name gets mentioned in the same thread like it's it's out of control..
:hammer::hammer::hammer:
The voice of reason. I wish I was as diplomatic as you.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't fall for it. He will get a long term extension that thoroughly nauseates you. It's a guarantee.
We can only hope for the best and expect the worst either way we are ready.........................
81QmlrBvoDL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
:hammer::hammer::hammer:
The voice of reason. I wish I was as diplomatic as you.
Well I'm hoping most of it is rumors and there aren't negotiations that are going to happen and I sure hope they don't fall at $60 million... I think in the end it and this is just a fans opinion I don't think he should be making more money than my homes although Burrows make slightly more I think if we can land in the 52 to 55,000,000 range as much as that's going to upset our fan base I think that will be a more realistic number...

The fact is they're real official 2024 season for making negotiations have not started yet... so those who think this is something that should have already been started maybe they ought to relax a little bit and also realized that the FO probably going to have to restructure 3 or 4 contracts, decide who they're keeping getting rid of, and tagging and still have guys like CD lamb and Micah Parsons with their hand out for a new contracts,

they're a lot going on I think people think this is like somebody balancing their personal checkbook and deciding whether to buy a car or not..lol