News: BR: NFL Rumors: Dak Prescott, Cowboys Haven't Had Any 'Substantial' Contract Talks

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s in Dak’s best interest to become a free agent. He’s just over 12 months away from becoming one. He, and his agent, know he’s more valuable to a team if that team does not have to trade assets for him. Certainly Dak’s camp is not going to initiate contract negotiations. If Jerry Jones wants to retain Dak Prescott beyond next season I’m sure he’s aware of what he’ll have to do. If he wants to move on from Dak as the Cowboys’ quarterback I’m sure he’s aware of what he must do to mitigate the financial impact on the team in deference to the salary cap. It won’t be pleasant, but Jerry Jones knew the ramifications of the deal he last signed with Dak. The decision is Jerry’s to make. He’s not going to rush into it.
Actually, most of what you said makes sense but you're forgetting they will initiate negotiations from daks camp they're every bit as eager to sign trust me he doesn't want to sit out there I know one year deal then what blow his knee out tear his Achilles snap his ankle off again...

this time he's old enough the teams will lowball him on his next deal should he get hurt literally he's on a one year deal with no guaranteed future therefore it is important to him as it is to Jerry maybe not so much the fans because you all don't like the guy which I don't understand why you're ready to get rid of him but it's going to be tough negotiation from both sides and there's no need to rush into it we have all the way up until the actual cut off whatever that is before the season where you're not allowed to negotiate a new deal...

So again, I'm going to say this for the last time they're not negotiating yet because the new official 2024 league season has not started therefore people are on vacation people are destressing. recovering, they're not in any rush for the next three weeks or so things will pick up for everyone...

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Basically ignore everything you read/hear about the extension until it either happens or the deadline passes. Everything trickling out now is posturing by the team, agent or simply unfounded garbage. David Moore is already working on Stephen's behalf at the DMN.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Prescott is under contract. The first call has to come from the team. It ought to sound a bit like this…..

“We are looking to get something done as far as an extension….”

France: “You’re the ones that need this more than we do. We are fine hitting FA after the season. Don’t call back unless the first digit is a six and most of it is guaranteed.”

Then what? Trey Lance? Yeah ok.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
If France is posturing that Dak hit the free agent market, let him do so. Who cares? Dak has progressively got worse in the playoffs each year. Dak seems to be just about Dak. He’ll never get a better contract anywhere else, nor the perks of the side income generation elsewhere that being a Dallas Cowboy brings.

Even if it’s a possibility, sometimes you have to get worse to get better. Winning in the regular season beating up on a lowly division for years while choking in the playoffs is not the kind of “winning” I care for.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If France is posturing that Dak hit the free agent market, let him do so. Who cares? Dak has progressively got worse in the playoffs each year. Dak seems to be just about Dak. He’ll never get a better contract anywhere else, nor the perks of the side income generation elsewhere that being a Dallas Cowboy brings.

Even if it’s a possibility, sometimes you have to get worse to get better. Winning in the regular season beating up on a lowly division for years while choking in the playoffs is not the kind of “winning” I care for.
You'd have to get rid of the entire team because they all led to the same regression the defense was horrible there was no run game lack of an offensive line in the coaching game plans were also horrible I'm sorry but you just can't get rid of the players because the team played that as a whole that would say get rid of them all Prescott has not regressed the entire team regressed and he happens to be part of it but asking him to go out and score 40 points because the defense can't stop anyone or make special plays when there's nobody open and there's no run game in your one-dimensional gets very old around here there are a lot of other players in the NFL at quarterback and other positions that are making market money that are not helping their team win Super Bowls either it's just part of the game you don't want to take a step back to save money and then maybe hope to win eight games a year and not make the playoffs every year I'd rather be disappointed in the playoffs..

I'm not saying we should bend over backwards and make him the highest paid player ever in the NFL but he's gonna make top two or three money for sure he's gonna make top five money because that's the type of quarterback he's been you have to play in the regular season you know those stats all those awards the Hall of Fame they use the regular season stats as the biggest component there are a lot of players in the Hall of Fame and never won a Super Bowl or they may have won a Super Bowl because a great team play but there's none of that around here lately.... I mean you wanna see major regression look at Dan Quinn's year one the Dan Quinn's year three or four wherever long he was here I'm glad he's gone.. That's gotta be the worst defense we've ever played in a playoff game and everyone keeps pointing back to the quarterback.... You know a quarterback that didn't have Tony Dorsett or Emmitt Smith with one of the best offensive line and coaching Staffs in the history of football they were never asked to carry a team they would regress their ***** off too if they had to do it alone you know one-dimensional non complimentary football....

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Basically ignore everything you read/hear about the extension until it either happens or the deadline passes. Everything trickling out now is posturing by the team, agent or simply unfounded garbage. David Moore is already working on Stephen's behalf at the DMN.
Just rumors until it happens....

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I feel they’ll resign dak but they’ll have an out after next season to release him and spread out his cap hit. They seem to think they’re smarter than the average bear when nothing has worked since 1996.
I just want to know what this will look like

Sydla

Reaction score
It really is going to be interesting to see what happens here. The way I see it:

- If they really want to still win now and win in the window of the next 2-3 years, the way their cap is set up, they have to extend him. Let me be clear, I don't think his extension makes sense because he's great. It's because an extension is the only way to create cap space this year, and also in the next 2-3 years not have massive cap charges on him.

- A restructure signals they are going all in for one year and then going to eat a massive turd over the following two seasons.

- They do nothing, they are basically saying the team is what the team is, let's ride for a year with what we got and then figure it out next year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It really is going to be interesting to see what happens here. The way I see it:

- If they really want to still win now and win in the window of the next 2-3 years, the way their cap is set up, they have to extend him. Let me be clear, I don't think his extension makes sense because he's great. It's because an extension is the only way to create cap space this year, and also in the next 2-3 years not have massive cap charges on him.

- A restructure signals they are going all in for one year and then going to eat a massive turd over the following two seasons.

- They do nothing, they are basically saying the team is what the team is, let's ride for a year with what we got and then figure it out next year.
ok so extend him spread it out and it's really just a one year deal?