News: BR: NFL Rumors: Dak Prescott, Cowboys Haven't Had Any 'Substantial' Contract Talks

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Just give the dude his money 60m+ and get it over with. Why even drag this out? People here think he’s better than Mahomes. If we want cap savings trade CeeDee, get some mid cheap wr’s, another RB, field offers for any of the talent on the defense who are due for big contracts use that capital to build a no name no frills defense that is sound, and let the 1 mvp vote guy win like Mahomes.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Not really….we base this “hate” as you call it on facts every time he’s on a big stage….more than just playoffs, I still can’t get 12 offensive possessions and just 9 points @ KC out of my mind….before KC had a good defense. Every time there is the least bit of pressure, his brain and feet move 50% slower. Extend him and we are doomed for more failure!!!
You just nailed the Catalina Wine Mixer!

kskboys

Reaction score
I am not on the fence with Dak. I am on the fence with this team in general and how it is constructed as a unit.

I have a pretty good idea who Dak is over the last 8 years. I wanted Romo to actual play after he was back from injury and wanted Dak on the bench.

We must build a much better team(trenches) if we are going to have a chance to win with Dak. So go all in or blow it up. I think we are closer than we think, but I am ok with blowing it up.

Trade CD and Micah, let Dak walk or sit. Get $60M+ under the cap, go 3 and 14 for 2 years and rebuild it correctly starting with the trenches.

Problem is:

1. Jerry will not do that. I have no interest keepinf this team minus Dak insert Trance. It will be a disaster.

2. If we blow it up, GM Jeruh will still not rebuild it from the inside out. He wants to sell jerseys. LT and DT don't sell jersey.

Either way I have little faith inGM Jeruh regardless of what we do or who are QB is.
Man, IDK, w/ glaring weaknesses at LB and DT and FS and no salary cap room, not sure just how close we are.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Maybe the rumors are coming from his side. Who the heck knows anymore.
That is true we don't know where the rumors start but I can tell you this if you notice all the clickbait on social media hell it could be AI nowadays I don't know who's doing it but the Dallas Cowboys one of the biggest stories that lead to ratings and clicks they will use 6° of separation and start rumors just to get their clicks up online that is a thing they've always done and this is a franchise whether you hate them or love them that draws people I've never seen so many stories about one team they're just on every front page of every Internet source I mean look at ESPN I mean the Cowboys are not winning Super Bowls we haven't won a big game in most of our fan bases opinion in this ridiculous narrative of 28 years and yet we're still filling stadiums we're still getting all the prime time games our ratings are super high and social media and also regular media sports ESPN and all those channels the Dallas Cowboys are almost mentioned in every single segment they find a way to bring the Dallas Cowboys into the conversation even if it has nothing to do with us we're linked to every player and every coach and every story that could possibly come up...

So I say it's them creating drama and it works that $60 million story that came out one of the hottest stories on the Internet getting the most blowback where people are angry about it they don't want to see Prescott get that money...​

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That is true we don't know where the rumors start but I can tell you this if you notice all the clickbait on social media hell it could be AI nowadays I don't know who's doing it but the Dallas Cowboys one of the biggest stories that lead to ratings and clicks they will use 6° of separation and start rumors just to get their clicks up online that is a thing they've always done and this is a franchise whether you hate them or love them that draws people I've never seen so many stories about one team they're just on every front page of every Internet source I mean look at ESPN I mean the Cowboys are not winning Super Bowls we haven't won a big game in most of our fan bases opinion in this ridiculous narrative of 28 years and yet we're still filling stadiums we're still getting all the prime time games our ratings are super high and social media and also regular media sports ESPN and all those channels the Dallas Cowboys are almost mentioned in every single segment they find a way to bring the Dallas Cowboys into the conversation even if it has nothing to do with us we're linked to every player and every coach and every story that could possibly come up...

So I say it's them creating drama and it works that $60 million story that came out one of the hottest stories on the Internet getting the most blowback where people are angry about it they don't want to see Prescott get that money...​
Dak could kill all those rumours, by just doing 1 interview and stating how he feels about it all.
Jerry likes deals at the deadline which is supposedly march 13, so I dont expect any real news till then.

What fans want doesnt matter, it is what the jones boys want, so I just ignore it all till something actually happens.

I also think none of it matters since jerry brought the same coaches back.
The defense is getting new ones, but only because dan left.

It all starts and ends with the HC, so nothing is really going to change significantly. no matter what players they get, or how much dak gets.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Man, IDK, w/ glaring weaknesses at LB and DT and FS and no salary cap room, not sure just how close we are.
Get an impact DT in free agency. Resign T. Smith, and 1 of our free agent DB's. Draft a power OC, LB and a RB or 2.

If we don't get an impact DT, we will not make a deep run.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am not advocating one way or other, just commenting on the situation.

so I am not a surprise as Dak and his agent have Jerry and Stephen over a barrell. I believe Jerry wants to move on (or a part of him), but can't as he has no other viable options. any viable options (Lance, Draft) signals rebuild and Jerry said we are all in already, so that contradicts it (I am sure Jerry the master spinner, will spin if he does that, but we know better). I am not opposed to going with Lance or draft, but implications are that we are in rebuild mode. if that's the path, then its the path. Jerry is struggling, given 12-5 team. in the playoffs, but go embarassed. does he try and make another run? is it possible? or does he rebuild? it impacts his bottom line.

so Given Lance and/or Draft pick signal a rebuild, what does jerry do. if he wants to be all in, his only option is Dak, thus Dak and his agent know that. other options in FA? they are all the same crap if you will. and then there is Dak's cap hit he has to deal with, thus he has cornered himself to exclude many in FA market as they won't fit under the cap with given dead money.

so I think Dak and his agent, are being smart from business perspective. they have the upper hand, wait until Jerry and Stephen approach them. thus no significant discussions. Jerry was stupid in letting it get to where it got last time. he put himself in same position. problem is Jerry doesn't really think long term, he thinks maximizing profits and what's good short term. so he ends up in same place over and over. and I am sure somebody will say why Dak? because we end up with same results. so we have to move on. again, I am not advocating for one way or the other, just the situation Jerry has put himself.

now, can you fault him for this approach? as a GM wanting championships. yes. as a business owner, cowboys are the most valued franchise anywhere. so you can't argue with that. I have always argued. Jerry the Owner, over rules Jerry the GM.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry wants to make the difficult decision to move on from Dak, he can do it. It will be a very tough season, but it's doable. I don't believe he wants to.

I believe he likes Dak and feels a 12 win regular season is good enough.

Last edited:

Qcard

Reaction score
People still thinking that Dak can improve and become as good as Elway.

:facepalm:
John Elway is still riding Terrell Davis’s jock…..John Elway is Trevor Lawrence or Russell Wilson without a running game…..Annointed!!! :lmao:

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak Haters…..

what will make you leave the Cowboys??

1. Prescott 6yr extension

or

2. Prescott 6yr Restructure and extension

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am not advocating one way or other, just commenting on the situation.

so I am not a surprise as Dak and his agent have Jerry and Stephen over a barrell. I believe Jerry wants to move on (or a part of him), but can't as he has no other viable options. any viable options (Lance, Draft) signals rebuild and Jerry said we are all in already, so that contradicts it (I am sure Jerry the master spinner, will spin if he does that, but we know better). I am not opposed to going with Lance or draft, but implications are that we are in rebuild mode. if that's the path, then its the path. Jerry is struggling, given 12-5 team. in the playoffs, but go embarassed. does he try and make another run? is it possible? or does he rebuild? it impacts his bottom line.

so Given Lance and/or Draft pick signal a rebuild, what does jerry do. if he wants to be all in, his only option is Dak, thus Dak and his agent know that. other options in FA? they are all the same crap if you will. and then there is Dak's cap hit he has to deal with, thus he has cornered himself to exclude many in FA market as they won't fit under the cap with given dead money.

so I think Dak and his agent, are being smart from business perspective. they have the upper hand, wait until Jerry and Stephen approach them. thus no significant discussions. Jerry was stupid in letting it get to where it got last time. he put himself in same position. problem is Jerry doesn't really think long term, he thinks maximizing profits and what's good short term. so he ends up in same place over and over. and I am sure somebody will say why Dak? because we end up with same results. so we have to move on. again, I am not advocating for one way or the other, just the situation Jerry has put himself.

now, can you fault him for this approach? as a GM wanting championships. yes. as a business owner, cowboys are the most valued franchise anywhere. so you can't argue with that. I have always argued. Jerry the Owner, over rules Jerry the GM.
That's why I call him GM Jeruh.