News: BR: Patrick Surtain II Says He Hasn't Talked to Cowboys Ahead of 2021 NFL Draft

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I haven't talked to the Cowboys "YET".

YET.....Hmmmmmm. pretty operative word to exclude.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This is telling, dear leader, that the Cowboys have minimal interest in the secondary to get an OL Alijah Vara-Tucker
Alijah-Vera-Tucker-usctrojans.jpg

or (fat chance) OL Penei Sewell
ASP_4820.jpg
in the draft or an intriguing gambit for Kyle Pitts the can't-miss TE Kyle Pitts
Florida-Gators-tight-end-Kyle-Pitts-catches-a-touchdown-against-Towson-1021x580.jpg
!
Hurry up, regular season! I am breaking out in anticipation, oh the bother.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Is it possible Dan Quinn prefers taking Parsons in round one?

Either way, it would, very likely, be a win for the defense.

I've gotta wonder if the FO hasn't decided, just yet.

Surely, they don't want to show their cards!

Last edited:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
He really does not fit in the offense. Due to the style they run the TE have to do a good bit of blocking. It would be a total waste of a guy like Pitts who will be a little undersized to block NFL DE and LBers at the point of attack.

stop making sense... think of the Jersey sales and the splash plays every 6 games between loses.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
If the Cowboys never drafted a player because a month before the draft that player had never talked to the Cowboys, I am willing to bet half the drafted players on the team would not even be on the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mo admitted that he first learned how to study film the year after leaving Dallas. That is as much a coaching issue as a player issue. It's the kind of thing I expect a smarter player to be able to do.
That's not a issue with intellect though. Because if I'm not mistaken he was never taught how to effectively study film. When he was taught he had no issues with it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't make anything out of that. Still plenty of time and they might not talk to him at all. They might not want to tip their hand. Players from the top schools are known. Every personnel guy knows every 5 star Bama recruit.

What does talking to a player accomplish? They thinking of drafting him to do interviews?

LMAO, they spent the entire 15 minutes with Manziel on his off the field endeavors and Booger still wanted to pick him!

CWR

Reaction score
That's not a issue with intellect though. Because if I'm not mistaken he was never taught how to effectively study film. When he was taught he had no issues with it.

Shouldn't he have had the common sense to make coaches aware, and take the initiative to learn? We can agree to disagree, but a smart player forces the issue because he recognizes its paramount to his success. Sorry, I cant understand it. Right or wrong it made him, AND his coaches look stupid.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup, he would've been a good one to learn more about. He fell and we thought it was a miracle lol.

If only he had fell. We actually moved up in the draft to pick him. He cost us a second rounder to move up 8 spots. He was just a dumb player. I think he had one of the lowest wonderlick scores in recorded history.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I wouldn't make anything out of that. Still plenty of time and they might not talk to him at all. They might not want to tip their hand. Players from the top schools are known. Every personnel guy knows every 5 star Bama recruit.

What does talking to a player accomplish? They thinking of drafting him to do interviews?

LMAO, they spent the entire 15 minutes with Manziel on his off the field endeavors and Booger still wanted to pick him!

You believed that Manziel spiel? I don't. I think that was media spin and Jerry just played along. Kept buzz going about the Cowboys all the way up to our pick. If Jerry wanted him, he'd have gotten him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
the draft is what 34 weeks away Pro days just takign the place of combines etc, dats beig collected thers plenty of time for uinterviews..

the media is such migraine now with the micro NON Stories to create stories..ughh

this is a non story..

CWR

Reaction score
If only he had fell. We actually moved up in the draft to pick him. He cost us a second rounder to move up 8 spots. He was just a dumb player. I think he had one of the lowest wonderlick scores in recorded history.

Ive been reminded. I still believe the narrative at the time was we didn't think he'd go even that far, and when he did we began working the phones to pull the trade up.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ive been reminded. I still believe the narrative at the time was we didn't think he'd go even that far, and when he did we began working the phones to pull the trade up.

Still typical dumb cowboy front office decision moving up to draft a player they had not personally worked out or met. The good teams don't do that.