Brace yourself Cowboy fans, you know who could be next

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s going to be a banner day here on the Zone if our “get er done “ GM resigns our QB now that he has his WR .

We’ll have to stop the presses. All hands on deck. Warning: toxic rhetoric . Fans jumping off. Get a bigger bag of popcorn. Merge all Dak threads:)

Only Jethro can save the Cowboys getting crap done his way. Lol

Fun fun fun

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s going to be a banner day here on the Zone if our “get er done “ GM resigns our QB now that he has his WR .

We’ll have to stop the presses. All hands on deck. Warning: toxic rhetoric . Fans jumping off. Get a bigger bag of popcorn. Merge all Dak threads:)

Fun fun fun
Your hope won't make it happen.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Cowboys are not "any closer" to extending Prescott or Parsons.
"It has not felt like there's been a real sense of urgency to get a deal done," Schefter said on SportsCenter. "And the urgency helped them today with CeeDee Lamb, but it has not really been there, nor should it be there with Dak Prescott nor Micah Parsons. So those two situations continue to linger on. And now that Dallas has reached the agreement with CeeDee Lamb, it can take some of the attention that it was devoting to their wide receiver and now begin to focus it on the quarterback and the elite defensive player that Micah Parsons is.

"But it doesn't appear at this time that a deal with either one of those players—Parsons or Prescott—is any closer despite the fact that CeeDee Lamb now has an agreement to keep him in Dallas for the next five years."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we see BREAKING NEWS Dak Prescott agrees to terms there may be a mass suicide amongst Cowboys Nation, especially if the contract is for $60 million per or more. Lol I’m just hoping we get him extended. The last thing I want to see in 2025 is a carousel of QB castoffs competing for the starting job.

Flamma

Reaction score

Fun fun fun
Normally, when a QB gets a 3rd contract, it opens up a lot of cap space. What are they going to do with that space? Or are they just going to leave the cap hit at 55M? Or maybe not sign him at all. I wouldn't put money on that.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
If we see BREAKING NEWS Dak Prescott agrees to terms there may be a mass suicide amongst Cowboys Nation, especially if the contract is for $60 million per or more. Lol I’m just hoping we get him extended. The last thing I want to see in 2025 is a carousel of QB castoffs competing for the starting job.
The search ‘carousel’ also involves a degree of hope I find FAR SUPERIOR to the feelings of resignation I associate with ‘life under Dak’. The next huge-contact QB the Cowboys sign will have earned the payday. So far, that AIN’T Dak.

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.7284bb38d2ca7bcb3715541e27c05f90

J_Allen

Reaction score
If we play it right we'll let Dak walk and trade Parsons. We cannot sign everybody and we definitely don't need to lock up $60 million into a guy who doesn't show up for big games and obviously needs a lot of help, but is too greedy to care.

We're not going to be able to afford Parsons and a handful of other guys that are going to be needing contracts in the next few years. Trade him for picks to someone in the AFC.

TheDank

Reaction score
Going to be 63M APY, basically all guaranteed, whatever Dak wants on years, no trade clause, no franchise tag and Jerry will pull down his pants and grip his ankles because for all his talk he's the one who caves at deadlines.

Whether we should pay Dak/CD/whoever. I don't feel like we ever sign a decent deal with our major talent and don't do it ahead of time ever either. We get close to the season and Jerry folds on all demands.

Praxit

Reaction score
.... Dac, wants 60 million plus > well get out there and show you're worth it