Brace yourself Cowboy fans, you know who could be next

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I don't expect Dak to sign. I think he's betting on himself and getting an ever bigger payday in free agency. He's got all the leverage here. It's risky to play out a whole season. But as long as he stays healthy, he will get paid more than today.
Just PLEASE don’t let him get paid by the Cowboys THIS SEASON. While Dak is betting on himself, I’m betting this season plays out in an all-too-familiar and tiresome arc. And that the Joneses will NOT regret their reticence to fork over $60MM per annum to a regular season stat padder who has yet to evidence the ability to ‘close it out’.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s going to be a banner day here on the Zone if our “get er done “ GM resigns our QB now that he has his WR .

We’ll have to stop the presses. All hands on deck. Warning: toxic rhetoric . Fans jumping off. Get a bigger bag of popcorn. Merge all Dak threads:)

Only Jethro can save the Cowboys getting crap done his way. Lol

Fun fun fun
It will be fun watching those like you who think Dak is crap complain.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Your hope won't make it happen.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Cowboys are not "any closer" to extending Prescott or Parsons.
"It has not felt like there's been a real sense of urgency to get a deal done," Schefter said on SportsCenter. "And the urgency helped them today with CeeDee Lamb, but it has not really been there, nor should it be there with Dak Prescott nor Micah Parsons. So those two situations continue to linger on. And now that Dallas has reached the agreement with CeeDee Lamb, it can take some of the attention that it was devoting to their wide receiver and now begin to focus it on the quarterback and the elite defensive player that Micah Parsons is.

"But it doesn't appear at this time that a deal with either one of those players—Parsons or Prescott—is any closer despite the fact that CeeDee Lamb now has an agreement to keep him in Dallas for the next five years."
This is based on information immediately after Lambs deal. I’m assuming the Jones energy will fully be placed on Dak; we heard there was zero progress on Lamb as of two days ago as well.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Jerry does not want to pay what Dak and his agent are asking, that much is pretty clear. It is no benefit for Dak to sign any deal that isn't on his terms, thus, he will hit the open market after next season unless Jerry caves.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I really have a hunch that Dak is gone. I could be completely wrong but I feel like Prescott wants to move on and play in another market.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The search ‘carousel’ also involves a degree of hope I find FAR SUPERIOR to the feelings of resignation I associate with ‘life under Dak’. The next huge-contact QB the Cowboys sign will have earned the payday. So far, that AIN’T Dak.
You’re not going to find a far superior having to choose between a Gardner Minshew, Taylor, Heinicke, or Jacoby Brissett, just to name a few that could be part of that carousel of castoffs. The next QB the Cowboys sign will get paid regardless if they’re anything special as long as we can win games with them and get to the playoffs. Most of these QBs that are getting these huge contracts haven’t earned them. They’re getting paid because no team wants to be stuck without a QB.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If Dak balls out and we at least make a NFCCG appearance and he plays well in Jan/Feb, the FO will likely extend him prior to FA and give him what he is asking for.

If the team implodes and there is another postseason failure and Dak stays true to form, then he will walk and sign a mega-deal elsewhere.

I think Dak and the FO want it this way.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Jethro is the greatest. Only he could be a GM here. He said it so must be true.

Make the Cowboys Great Again
Starting to think when Jerry said he was all in....he meant he was all in...in finding another QB. He may have found one in Lance....you can see the upside.
:popcorn:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s going to be a banner day here on the Zone if our “get er done “ GM resigns our QB now that he has his WR .

We’ll have to stop the presses. All hands on deck. Warning: toxic rhetoric . Fans jumping off. Get a bigger bag of popcorn. Merge all Dak threads:)

Only Jethro can save the Cowboys getting crap done his way. Lol

Fun fun fun
And before you know it Mr. Neutral (a true and committed closet Dakdavidian) is selling Dak dreams again.
CD got his 1st bag and how does this change things for I want a 2nd bag after failing on my 1st Prestrash?
HOW?
Keep hoping and praying betting on the inept Jones boys...........in the end, a Dak extension just guarantees 29 years of hunger become 34.
Man even CD and his Mama during and after the GB game let the world know how they feel about Mr. I want 60 million $ a year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be fun watching people like you defend him. Hey we can't win titles so we can at least play the I told you so game. lol
Hey hes 36-6 vs the NFC East...................
LOL.........Hey, look at those stats..................
LOL.........GB game wasn't his fault dude balled out trying to bring us back even when the score was 48-16 in the 4th Q with 6 min left to go in the game.
LOL.........3 consecutive playoff chokes and losses......hey not his fault Sagittarius was in Leo that day. :muttley:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I think he wants Dak to go to free agency and they just have an understanding that the Cowboys will match whatever Dak gets offered. Keeps drama in the media all year.