Brace yourself Cowboy fans, you know who could be next

RoboQB

Reaction score
People talking about $60M per year for Dak need to look at Patrick Mahomes' contract numbers for 2025-2027.
(Trust me, the ONLY time Dak will be mentioned with Mahomes will be if/when Jerry signs him.)
$64M-$68M is closer to what Dak's agent will ask for, per year.

plymkr

Reaction score
does it have to be one or the other? no other options?
When I read threads like this it seems there are fans that want Dak to be paid as first priority, the second priority is the signing would upset other fans and there’s very little to no mention about the Cowboys team. In fact the only time the Cowboys are mentioned as a team is when Dak is being defended for losing. So I guess a better question is what is the motivation of wanting Dak signed. Because here is the question I have been asking for months and I have not gotten an answer. I’ve been called names and other things but I haven’t gotten answer to this question:

How is paying Dak 60+ APY going to make the Dallas Cowboys a better team in 2024? Or more specifically how is paying Dak 60+ APY going to improve the Cowboys team in the playoffs?

RoboQB

Reaction score
If we flashback to the last contract disaster, what will happen next could be an extension.... for Micah Parsons. This will come before or after Jerry and Stephen start talking about pie...lol

NotForLong

Reaction score
I’m just curious. Do you guys want Dak to sign because you think it’s best for the Cowboys or do you want him to resign because it will upset people?
It is really simple . . . They want Dak to sign so that they will not be upset

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It’s going to be a banner day here on the Zone if our “get er done “ GM resigns our QB now that he has his WR .

We’ll have to stop the presses. All hands on deck. Warning: toxic rhetoric . Fans jumping off. Get a bigger bag of popcorn. Merge all Dak threads:)

Only Jethro can save the Cowboys getting crap done his way. Lol

Fun fun fun
The writing has been on the wall for over a year...if you haven't seen this coming.....then that's on you. That GB loss was the last straw....props to Jerry for finally growing a pair!!!!

plymkr

Reaction score
People talking about $60M per year for Dak need to look at Patrick Mahomes' contract numbers for 2025-2027.
(Trust me, the ONLY time Dak will be mentioned with Mahomes will be if/when Jerry signs him.)
$64M-$68M is closer to what Dak's agent will ask for, per year.
Okay I asked this question a couple days ago and didn’t get an answer. But if Dak’s agent is asking for Mahomes money, 64-68, so Dak will be at the high end of the QB Salary Bowl. At what number do the Dak fans say that’s too much? Or is there even a number that Dak fans would say is too much. Is it sign him at any number just get him signed?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It’s going to be a banner day here on the Zone if our “get er done “ GM resigns our QB now that he has his WR .

We’ll have to stop the presses. All hands on deck. Warning: toxic rhetoric . Fans jumping off. Get a bigger bag of popcorn. Merge all Dak threads:)

Fun fun fun
You mean Trey Lance wont be throwing it to #88?

MS17

Reaction score
I’m just curious. Do you guys want Dak to sign because you think it’s best for the Cowboys or do you want him to resign because it will upset people?
Very legitimate question. That appears to be the question many of us are asking. I just think it's a really bad owner/management Fubar.

Sandyf

Reaction score
I do not want to go into 2025 hoping some rethread will lead us to the playoffs because it is a fool's dream. Hopefully Jerry gets a contract done in the next 10 days at hopefully something like $58 million a year plus incentives like NFC Championship game and Super Bowl. I do think that Dak will be a little reasonable but one never knows. We do know that if Dak has a good/great season, then Jerry will not resign him because he will not match what clubs like the Giants, Steelers, Cardinals, Seahawks, and others will offer; that will be in the $65 to $70 million range.

To many fans worry about if we can sign this guy or that guy but the salary cap is rising every year and according to the insiders at ESPN and NFL is that the salary cap is about to explode. So yes we can sign Parsons, and Smith and others. Of course with Jerry it won't happen until the last minute.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I don't expect Dak to sign. I think he's betting on himself and getting an ever bigger payday in free agency. He's got all the leverage here. It's risky to play out a whole season. But as long as he stays healthy, he will get paid more than today.

plymkr

Reaction score
Very legitimate question. That appears to be the question many of us are asking. I just think it's a really bad owner/management Fubar.
Yeah I’m not trying to start an argument but I am genuinely curious what the motivation is.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Okay I asked this question a couple days ago and didn’t get an answer. But if Dak’s agent is asking for Mahomes money, 64-68, so Dak will be at the high end of the QB Salary Bowl. At what number do the Dak fans say that’s too much? Or is there even a number that Dak fans would say is too much. Is it sign him at any number just get him signed?
I wouldn't know. I'd say to ask them, but they lack reason and accountability...lol

rambo2

Reaction score
Your hope won't make it happen.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Cowboys are not "any closer" to extending Prescott or Parsons.
"It has not felt like there's been a real sense of urgency to get a deal done," Schefter said on SportsCenter. "And the urgency helped them today with CeeDee Lamb, but it has not really been there, nor should it be there with Dak Prescott nor Micah Parsons. So those two situations continue to linger on. And now that Dallas has reached the agreement with CeeDee Lamb, it can take some of the attention that it was devoting to their wide receiver and now begin to focus it on the quarterback and the elite defensive player that Micah Parsons is.

"But it doesn't appear at this time that a deal with either one of those players—Parsons or Prescott—is any closer despite the fact that CeeDee Lamb now has an agreement to keep him in Dallas for the next five years."
Lol, they are signing Dak.

Big D

Reaction score
The writing has been on the wall for over a year...if you haven't seen this coming.....then that's on you. That GB loss was the last straw....props to Jerry for finally growing a pair!!!!
The GB loss was on Big Mike and co. Who else is responsible for a complete meltdown on offense , defense and special teams? If it were only Dak having a bad game I could see your point but the ENTIRE team froze up. This after gloating on getting home field and being unbeaten there and not to mention, distributing invites to the victory party. If Jerry was about that action he would've axed him right then.

CWR

Reaction score

Fun fun fun
Honestly I'm not sure I care. We have no other plan. We are not going to be rebuilding anytime soon. We won't utilize his cap savings to be aggressive. So yeah, Dak is our best chance for now and the immediate future.

Besides that it will be entertaining watching the hissy fits.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerrys gonna break the bank to flex his muscles. Too much questioning of his ability to GM lately.
Jerry‘s interview with Calvin Watkins was kind of pathetic. Most GMs don’t even have the time or inclination (because their jobs are on the line every year) to talk about doing things their way, and acting like they have something to prove to the fan base. It’s plain weird.