Brace yourself Cowboy fans, you know who could be next

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just goes to what I've been saying about "homers" being far worse than "haters". "Haters" just want to win a SB real bad, or at least compete for one, and patience has long since run out as we near the 30 year mark.

"Homers" don't care about winning SBs, they care about "haters" being mad. That is their SB win. Signing Dak to own the "haters" is the biggest win they can get. The team, or competing for anything meaningful be damned.

The so called "haters" are far bigger fans of the Cowboys than the "homers".

The "haters" want to win a championship.

The "homers" want the haters to be mad and to troll them over it.

The "haters" want to talk about the Cowboys, even if it is in a negative way because they are frustrated.

The "homers" want to talk about Cowboys fans they label as "haters".

Winning for the "haters" is winning the actual SB.

Winning for the "homers" is when "haters" are mad at what the team does that obviously isn't going to help us get to a championship.

It's really remarkable when you consider the overall philosophies.
While id agree the Homers are overall a bigger problem the SB or Bust fans aren’t always dealing in reality.

Especially the ones who ignore our core issue which has been the one constant throughout this down era. And why many fans like myself have little hope regardless the roster.

Do we still want to win a SB. Sure, and many are old diehards from the glory eras who will follow along from more of a distance now with apathetic views.

But who actually believes Jethro & Son are going to make that happen? And if so why do they believe that ?

Hadenough

Reaction score
In case you haven’t noticed we have suked for almost 30 years
And in that 30 years they never spent a first round pick on a QB since Aikman. And in today's game your only going to go as far as your QB will take you. We can blame the defense or the coaches but in the end it's the QB that decides the game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And in that 30 years they never spent a first round pick on a QB since Aikman. And in today's game your only going to go as far as your QB will take you. We can blame the defense or the coaches but in the end it's the QB that decides the game.
And why hasn’t this ownership used a 1st round pick or more assets to acquire our next Elite QB.

Maybe they thought or think they already had one. And why it ultimately falls back on them.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm curious, do you guys want to not sign Dak because it's best for the Cowboys or do you not want to sign him because it will upset people?
I’m glad you asked. I don’t care how other fans will react if we don’t sign him. I don’t want to sign him for 2 reasons.
I. I want a total rebuild. I don’t believe this core group of players has the mental moxie to perform in the playoffs.
2. As far as Dak goes and what he’s asking for I don’t feel it’s in the best interest long term for the Cowboys. So right now we owe Dak 40 million against the cap. If we resign him to 60 APY with a SB and for 4 years. Whatever that SB is will get added to what we owe him. It’s already at 40 million and if we keep kicking the can down the road that number will just grow. I said this in another post earlier this week. Dak is not immortal. Dak is entering his 9th year. He may only have 3-4 years left. Signing him to a massive contract with a massive SB will only make the inevitable rebuild that much harder. Now I would do it if I had confidence that Dak could do well in the playoffs but I don’t have that confidence.

So for me it comes down to Dak will leave us one way or another. It’s either in 2025 or 2028 or 2029. If he leaves in ‘25 then the cap hit is 40 million. If he leaves in 28 or 29 the cap hit could be double and spread out for a couple seasons. I’d rather just bite the bullet and be done with it. Unless we could make a Super Bowl run which I don’t think Dak, and the rest of the team, mentally can do it.

plymkr

Reaction score
Just goes to what I've been saying about "homers" being far worse than "haters". "Haters" just want to win a SB real bad, or at least compete for one, and patience has long since run out as we near the 30 year mark.

"Homers" don't care about winning SBs, they care about "haters" being mad. That is their SB win. Signing Dak to own the "haters" is the biggest win they can get. The team, or competing for anything meaningful be damned.

The so called "haters" are far bigger fans of the Cowboys than the "homers".

The "haters" want to win a championship.

The "homers" want the haters to be mad and to troll them over it.

The "haters" want to talk about the Cowboys, even if it is in a negative way because they are frustrated.

The "homers" want to talk about Cowboys fans they label as "haters".

Winning for the "haters" is winning the actual SB.

Winning for the "homers" is when "haters" are mad at what the team does that obviously isn't going to help us get to a championship.

It's really remarkable when you consider the overall philosophies.
Well said. I agree 100%

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It’s going to be a banner day here on the Zone if our “get er done “ GM resigns our QB now that he has his WR .

We’ll have to stop the presses. All hands on deck. Warning: toxic rhetoric . Fans jumping off. Get a bigger bag of popcorn. Merge all Dak threads:)

Only Jethro can save the Cowboys getting crap done his way. Lol

Fun fun fun
You sound like one of those peeps who wants Dak signed no matter the cost. 130 mil a season? No problem with you, right? Heck, resign him for 150 per for 15 years.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You should get with @PAPPYDOG dog who thinks Im a Dak Homer .

I start threads like this for fun. I enjoy taking on the extremes from both sides.

I’ve maintained I represent more of the fans in the middle who while realizing our QB’s lack of more success, weaknesses and shortcomings also recognize he’s not as bad as some want to portray.

It seems to spark me getting bashed from both sides. This is a perfect example .
That little puppy is fun to play with....just don't forget to walk him....he poops a lot!
:muttley: :muttley: :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You sound like one of those peeps who wants Dak signed no matter the cost. 130 mil a season? No problem with you, right? Heck, resign him for 150 per for 15 years.
Not sure how you come away with that. Where have I said anything resembling this?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I see the future….Dak signs for five years, $285 million.
I'm calling my shot...

...Dak will get a four year $265 million dollar deal. $230 million will be guaranteed. The next QB up after Dak will get a quarter of a billion dollars guaranteed to play QB in the NFL.

Messed up parents and dads in the US will start doing a Marv Marinovich.