Bradie James needs to be a factor instead of a fraud!

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
nyc;1714050 said:
  • (1st) 2-10-NE 26 (13:10) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to 88-K.Brady. Pass incomplete at the New England 29; James closest defender. (Zero gain, Bradie)
  • (1st) 2-3-DAL 33 (10:03) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass short middle to 33-K.Faulk to DAL 29 for 4 yards (56-B.James). (Zero gain, Bradie)
  • (1st) 1-10-DAL 29 (9:19) 34-S.Morris right guard to DAL 26 for 3 yards (56-B.James). (3 yards, tackle Bradie)
  • (1st) 1-10-NE 31 (4:25) 34-S.Morris left tackle to NE 34 for 3 yards (94-D.Ware; 56-B.James).(3 yards, tackel Bradie)
  • (1st) 2-7-DAL 35 (2:24) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete short left to 81-R.Moss. Pass incomplete sideline at the Dallas 32; James closest defender. (Zero yards, Bradie)
  • (2nd) 1-20-NE 18 (9:48) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to 88-K.Brady. Pass incomplete at the New England 46; James closest defender. (Zero yards, Bradie)
  • (2nd) 1-10-DAL 24 (6:30) 34-S.Morris up the middle to DAL 25 for -1 yards (97-J.Hatcher; 56-B.James). (-1 yard, tackle for a loss, Bradie)
  • (3rd) 1-10-NE 37 (9:36) 33-K.Faulk right tackle to NE 46 for 9 yards (56-B.James). (9 yard gain, Bradie)
  • (4th) 2-5-NE 25 (14:01) 33-K.Faulk up the middle to NE 28 for 3 yards (56-B.James; 26-K.Hamlin). (3 yards, Bradie)
  • (4th) 2-2-DAL 24 (6:35) 33-K.Faulk up the middle to DAL 19 for 5 yards (56-B.James). (5 yards, Bradie)
  • (4th) 1-6-DAL 6 (4:15) 33-K.Faulk right guard to DAL 4 for 2 yards (51-A.Ayodele; 56-B.James). (2 yards, Bradie)
Bradie had 4 tackles and 4 assists.

On plays that Bradie was involved in, he gave up a total of 25 yards on 11 plays. Thats 2.27 yards per play. (not bad for a middle linebacker)

5 of 11 plays went for no gain or a loss.

Now, not to hide any information, this doesn't include plays where he should have made a play, but didn't and wasn't involved in the tackle.

The point is, didn't play badly. Maybe he had a play or two where he didn't make the play, but that happens to everyone. If you look at the Barber near safety play, how many Patriots failed to make a play in the end zone. Barber gained 2 yards on that play.

This is the NFL, you are bound to miss a play or two that *could* have been made. The idea is to make more great plays than bad plays. Bradie is doing that this year.

Awesome post nyc. :bravo:

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1714053 said:
Yeah, Bradie James has really gotten a free pass around here. :lmao2:

Im glad people are laughing. We will see if Bradie is laughing when he has a future Hall of Famer in Adrian Peterson coming at him at full speed.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;1714062 said:
Im glad people are laughing. We will see if Bradie is laughing when he has a future Hall of Famer in Adrian Peterson coming at him at full speed.
If you are a Cowboys fan then you would want every player to perform well against another team, not hoping to see they fail against opponents.

I hope James get a clean shot at AD, hits him so hard that he'll be pissing all over himself.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I absolutely hated Bradie James last season but he turned it around in a HUGE way.

He has been making play after play this year.

Finally, he is being very active meeting RBs at the LOS.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Bradie has been excellent this year. Really impressed with his play compared to last season. I also think he has become a bigger leader on the team.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk;1714010 said:
I thought Bradie James was playing quite well. I mean QUITE well.

I think maybe my house gets a different video feed than everybody else.

Ditto.

I was extremely concerned heading into the season with him starting. And I was very skeptical about the weight loss as a possible turning point in his play.

But he definitely has been playing well this season.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
smarta5150;1714075 said:
I absolutely hated Bradie James last season but he turned it around in a HUGE way.

He has been making play after play this year.

Finally, he is being very active meeting RBs at the LOS.

Wasnt he only bad for a few games down the stretch last year? not the whole season? Why hate on him for hitting the skids like the rest of the defense?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Yea dude, what everone else has said. James has been pretty sick this year. He was the butt of all my jokes with my Eagles fan friend, but even he said "James is playing like a beast." He's been good. He can't cover Moss? No surprise.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
YoMick;1714243 said:
Wasnt he only bad for a few games down the stretch last year? not the whole season? Why hate on him for hitting the skids like the rest of the defense?

That's the question I asked all offseason. I didn't think he was any worse than about 7 or 8 guys on defense down the stretch. People needed a scapegoat to blame 90% of the problems on.

A lot of it had to do with deflecting blame from the People's Champion: Roy Willy. People felt it was somehow "unfair" for a safety to play in coverage because "it's not his thing", but it seemed perfectly reasonable to ask a 260 lbs. middle linebacker to cover an athletic TE down the middle crease for 30 yards... which seemed very odd to me. I think a lot of it had to do with he had the stench of a "Parcells Pet" on him, and anything associated with Parcells was, of course, inherently evil, so other people were just looking for an excuse to jump on him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Good Lord where are these threads coming from .....

I swear I will see a thread started about how bad Folk has been playing any second now.

superpunk

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1714364 said:
That's the question I asked all offseason. I didn't think he was any worse than about 7 or 8 guys on defense down the stretch. People needed a scapegoat to blame 90% of the problems on. A lot of it had to do with deflecting blame from the People's Champion: Roy Willy. I think a lot of it had to do with he had the stench of a "Parcells Pet" on him, and anything associated with Parcells was, of course, inherently bad.

I agree with you mostly. The trouble is, you go just as hard the other way trying to dump it all on Roy. The whole unit failed - Roy and James were major culprits.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;1713923 said:
Bradie James needs to be a factor instead of a fraud!

Welcome to my ignore list.

To everyone else, in the future, if you plan to make a similiar thread to this one (you know, filled with uneducated opinions and moronicy), can you please PM me ahead of time so I can put you on my ignore list before I read 3 sentences of garbage?

For those of you that are intelligent and would never do something like that... thank you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
How did I miss this jewel of a thread?

I need to figure that out and do it more often.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
bradie is having an awsome season, i hope he stays in the middle for years to come :)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
koolaid;1714604 said:
bradie is having an awsome season, i hope he stays in the middle for years to come :)

He still sucks in coverage.

Reaction score
W T (Fill in with advisory).....do some of you losers actually think before posting? I mean Bradie James is the least of my concerns... Let's try again...:rolleyes:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The lad is the leading tackler and keeps improving.
Further I guess James is only one man on the defensive team, as offensive as that might be to you.
BJ was bad last year, as in bad in the traditional sense.
But now this season, I would say, he's among the most improved.

I do think, however, as to your favorite player, Roy, that maybe it is time to bulk him up -- legally -- and make him play close to the line. Where, you tell me. I have my ideas.

OK, yes siree that James is getting better, we just have to be patience a bit, sort of like hearing a m ondale speech.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
zrinkill;1714369 said:
Good Lord where are these threads coming from .....

I swear I will see a thread started about how bad Folk has been playing any second now.

Oh, good, lord.
Well, when the thunderation did you become the food taster of what is fit or not for this site?
I can dislike and ignore a post as much as the next punk but don't give me this "i hate this thread and i got to tell you how much I do.":rolleyes:
Save the santimony
Get off the cross. We need it for the bookburning :cool: