Bradie Or Carp?

Frozen700

Reaction score
Man i loved Bradie in 05...i thought we finally found another diamond along with ware....but in 06 he was really pissing me off.....i dont know...i know that Carp might be a little more athletic...and i know hes faster and plays better in coverage...havent seen much from the run though.....

but who would you guys rather have start?...last year bradie looked alot like keith Davis...Goofy(running into your own players, knocking guys off pursuit, jumping for no reason, and no tackling skills),slow, and always out of position.

i dont know....i dont want a davis part 2..hopefully bradie can bring it back

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I believe this was a recent question on "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?"

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I never saw how James was more than OK in 05.

So in 4 years, he has had 1 OK year and 3 bad years.

I'll let you figure out who I want out there.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
austintodallas;1486673 said:
Bradie on 1st and 2nd down. Carp on 3rd/Nickel.

Teams pass on 1st and 2nd down too these days.

Carp on 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd down, and James can sit his sorry butt on the bench.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is gonna sound kinda goofy but I'd really like to see what Burnett does. I just think he's probably got the best cover skills of the three. We need a guy who can cover at ILB. He's also got decent quickness off the ball so if he can ever get on the field, he might prove to be a good inside pass rusher from the Gap. I don't know, Carp will eventually get on the field but I'd sure like to see Burnett put that talent to use for us.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1486685 said:
This is gonna sound kinda goofy but I'd really like to see what Burnett does. I just think he's probably got the best cover skills of the three. We need a guy who can cover at ILB. He's also got decent quickness off the ball so if he can ever get on the field, he might prove to be a good inside pass rusher from the Gap. I don't know, Carp will eventually get on the field but I'd sure like to see Burnett put that talent to use for us.
I don't think it's goofy. Between Carp, Ayodele, and Burnett we should put the best 2 of the 3 on the field.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
theogt;1486689 said:
I don't think it's goofy. Between Carp, Ayodele, and Burnett we should put the best 2 of the 3 on the field.

I think Ayodele is almost a given. He's the only inside LB who has experience and won't get beat like a rented mule. I think it's between Carp and Burnett myself but who really knows. Maybe James will find wheels and miraculously learn to cover.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
As a 1st rounder, Carp BETTER be one of the starter or else we made a big mistake in the '06 draft..... :mad:

Eddie

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1486679 said:
I never saw how James was more than OK in 05.

So in 4 years, he has had 1 OK year and 3 bad years.

I'll let you figure out who I want out there.

I agree. I never understood the 05 hype about Bradie James. Maybe we were just too excited in our hopes to see this dud turn into a stud.

He was so-so in 05. He was horrible in 06.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
12-23-2006.NAD_23COWBOYS.G4R221UIT.1.jpg

Ren

Reaction score
5mics;1486700 said:
As a 1st rounder, Carp BETTER be one of the starter or else we made a big mistake in the '06 draft..... :mad:

I think it's safe to say from what little we saw of Carp last year he looks like he could be very good player i'm just not sure he can be on this team and in this system :( no point in playing him for the sake of playing him there's got to be a spot for him, that is hopefully ILB since we drafted spencer but if either Burnette or James play better they should get the start

baj1dallas

Reaction score
5mics;1486700 said:

what difference does it make now? They don't let you go back and re do draft picks.

I don't care who plays. I just want the defense to look like it did the first half of last season rather than the last half.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Carp needs to stay on the outside where he plays best and maybe bring in Randall Godfrey and bench James..:D

Ren

Reaction score
ELDudearino;1486747 said:
Carp needs to stay on the outside where he plays best and maybe bring in Randall Godfrey and bench James..:D

then where does Spencer play? he's to small to be a 3-4 DE

i guess it's a good problem to have anyways so why worry ;)

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Carpenter, Carpenter, Carpenter,Carpenter,Carpenter,Carpenter.... and then, when he's done playing, get his *** back out there and give me sum more CARPENTER!!

I don't care where we put Carpenter, as long as he is in the game..and James is out. I don't think Carp is fit for inside, maybe he is fit for OLB for just THIS YEAR, while Spencer is still learning the position. Then next year, use Carp like San Deigo used Donnie Edwards; Edwards was only 227 and he was really used to cover the underneath passed when the D blitzed..

http://img248.*************/img248/3486/1pepe1jg4uo2.jpg

This is hilarious hahahahaahahahahaaahahaahaaa rofl:laugh2: :lmao: Wow that is funny. I don't know why, maybe the spelling of diabeetus, it reminds me of Elvis.

sago1

Reaction score
Funny so many worry about where Carpenter will play, should Bradie James sit, what about Burnett and Ellis now worried about his future again (getting to be a regular soap opera). We've got Ware, Ayodele, James, Carpenter, Burnett & hopefully fully rehabbed Ellis. We even tried get DeOssie in the draft. Maybe Hoyte moves from FB back to LB. I have no doubt that Wade Phillips will figure out how to use all our players to max out their abilities.

Also don't forget Cowboys brought in Dat Nguyen as Asst ILB coach. He's been studying game film from last year and have no doubt Cowboys knew what went wrong. Some Cowboy experts said our defense was in the right formations but made stupid mistakes in execution. Phillips runs a lot of different dimes/nickles/blitz packages and players will be move around a lot to force the offense to react. Yesterday Ireland said Phillips defense is an attack defense and not a read and react. There will be so much work for all these linebackers that they will have no cause to complain.

Finally, I expect Ellis will have another good year this time in Phillips system and if it happens the Cowboys will probably honor his hope and train him to another team. Depending on his performance and rest of our defense, he could even be traded before October deadline to a team desperately in need of him and will we give us a first day pick.