Twitter: Bradlee Anae impressing in camp

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I hope Anae is retained as a rotational pass rusher, even if he can't master stopping the run!:thumbup:
In any event, we'll ultimately see about that -- hopefully, he'll get the hang of it by the end of TC. :flagwave:

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
man all these cap reports have everyone in the best shape having their best camps. Too bad that doesnt win real games and SBs..

it is nice to hear the positives , last year it was negative mostly with injuries', covid, and new coaching staffs etc but id temper any enthusiasm over offseason and camp reports..

its proven on the field when it counts..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
or maybe just maybe camp hype is just that

Hype
I don't think so. The talk was before he got to start before last season. When he did, he played well even with a below average secondary.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't think so. The talk was before he got to start before last season. When he did, he played well even with a below average secondary.

I’m not talking specifics , I’m just saying that usually training camp hype is just hype

quickccc

Reaction score
I hope Anae is retained as a rotational pass rusher, even if he can't master stopping the run. In any case, I guess we'll see about that. :flagwave:

dumervil, darryl tapp, greg townsend, (and really robert quinn) etc. etc. - there's been effective, productive situational edge rush guys that can be immense help to your team.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While mike is praising everyone for their tremendous work in camp what I actually heard about Anae was he needs to clean up his game from a technical stand point because harassing/sacking the qb doesn't count if you are offsides.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I mean he was better than dorance Armstrong as a rookie. This doesnt surprise me

quickccc

Reaction score
While mike is praising everyone for their tremendous work in camp what I actually heard about Anae was he needs to clean up his game from a technical stand point because harassing/sacking the qb doesn't count if you are offsides.

Coming from McCarthy - That’s just staying on top of him in a discipline manner as with any other player.

Even Gregory has been known for some silly penalties (ala late hits, unnecessary QB roughness, roughing the punter, etc) and I’ll bet coaches have to stay on him.

What may have to be accounted this preseason and regular seasons with Bradlee Anae’s roster spot and game active role , may depend upon his ability to play special teams.
I would think most teams that have active game day roster - their backup & reserves will heavily depend upon special teams play.
Just as we’ve observed backups like Armstrong in ’20, asked to play on SP coverage ....and even Basham with the Jets.