Bradshaw Says Garrett Should Go

Novacek84

Reaction score
Terry hasn't been a fan of Garrett since his first year. Early in JG's head coaching career, Terry said he could never play for someone like that. Just doesn't like his personality/style.

Because he has no personality. He's a nice man but clueless on a sideline. And it clearly shows.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Jerry's ego and insatiable need for credit has ruined the Dallas Cowboys name/franchise. Jimmy Johnson was able to win because there was no team success to be found under Jerry's ownership until they actually won something. So Jimmy was allowed to do things his way for a while. As soon as they succeeded all bets were off.
As a result, we are now left with a string of yes men/puppet head coaches (except Parcells) to work under Jerry and family. And Parcells was only here to get a new stadium built before Jerry drove him away.
This franchise will never succeed with this type of ownership structure. Owners should own and hire the right people to manage, select players and coach them.
Jerry learned zero from watching the Al Davis deterioration or just didn't care. Either way we are now condemned to an existence with people like Jason Garrett as a head coach.
I gave Garrett a chance when he first got here, but as soon as Jerry said they spent a lot of time "training" Garrett and wanted to reap the results that's when the horse left the barn for me.
I have followed this team loyally for 38 years and I've never been this discouraged. At least during the Campo years I knew Aikman had to retire and then we simply had no QB so it was what it was.
Now we have had Romo for nearly 10 years as a starter and zippo success. Last year was clearly an aberration. We have wasted the careers of two warriors who deserve to win a SB- Romo and Witten.
And for those that want to say the drafted talent on this team is better, that is true. But if it is not coached well or properly it does not matter. This season has made that clear. I cannot explain last year's 12-4 now at all.
This is now our existence as Cowboys fans until this owner dies. Hopefully his sons will do better and learn from their father's mistakes.
As fans we cannot afford many more Jason Garretts. It's quite sad what has happened to this franchise.
The Dallas Cowboys are supposed to be better than this.

Last edited:

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
If it's not the coach, than why did they fire Rob Ryan? If it's not the coach, why were all the Garrett homers blaming Kiffen? If it's not the coach, then why was all the criticism directed at Wade by the Garrett defenders?

Apparently, the only time it's not the coach is when it concerns Garrett... I thought Garrett was making a culture change, built this team with his players and RKGs, now Jerry is to be blamed again?

In which universe is Greg Hardy a RKG?

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
I see this season like Peyton's last season in Indianapolis. As the season when on, yes the QB was missed, but looks like both players and coaches failed to make the most of it when their starter was down.

khiladi

Reaction score
I see this season like Peyton's last season in Indianapolis. As the season when on, yes the QB was missed, but looks like both players and coaches failed to make the most of it when their starter was down.

Weren't he Colts tanking to get Luck anyways?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yeah, and Jimmy had to go because Jerry wasn't about to let him take his spotlight... Jerry started meddling way too much and Jimmy walked. Parcells also figured it out that he wouldn't be able to fully run his team without the meddling from Jerry, so he had to go too. So yeah, my point is proven, along with many other fans who have figured it out. 20 years, no success...one common denominator.. Jerry Jones.

Jerry can step back enough when things get ugly. He wants no part of the controls when the train starts coming off the track. The moment things start looking up however, he's right back in the conductor's seat.
That's why he hired Parcells, and that's why the team took it easy in FA for a couple of years. When the expectations are of rebuilding, Jerry goes hands off. When it's time to get the team over the hump, Jerry's right there with a checkbook to sign whatever is needed. That's why Wade's tenure had so many awful moves. Jerry thought the team was close every year so drafting for special teams or trading for Roy Williams were some of those "risks" he's always talking about.

If Jerry has changed it all I think it would be in that he no longer believes he can build a team. He let Parcells build the team, and has been less involved with Jason. That said, he absolutely still believes he can buy the missing piece. He tried it numerous times with Wade and Hardy is just the latest "missing piece". So, when the team is in shambles he'll resign himself to watching if only because he doesn't have enough time to scout a whole team by his own. When the team is "close" however, he'll assume the command because he still thinks his way will work. More importantly, buying that last piece gives him a stake of the recognition if the team does win.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Here, let me fix that for you.
8-8-, 8-8, 8-8, 12-4, this year doesn't count because of injuries.

This is how Garrett defenders and excuse makers will count his record.

Of course they will.....folks are just way too invested in Jason Garrett for absolutely no reason at all. The funny thing is that Garrett has checked all kind of boxes as HC in terms of losses and level of futility. One thing his supporters would always point to is that he's "never had a losing season" while he built this juggernaut that can't win 1 game with a back-up QB. Well, that box has also been checked as well.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Jerry can step back enough when things get ugly. He wants no part of the controls when the train starts coming off the track. The moment things start looking up however, he's right back in the conductor's seat.
That's why he hired Parcells, and that's why the team took it easy in FA for a couple of years. When the expectations are of rebuilding, Jerry goes hands off. When it's time to get the team over the hump, Jerry's right there with a checkbook to sign whatever is needed. That's why Wade's tenure had so many awful moves. Jerry thought the team was close every year so drafting for special teams or trading for Roy Williams were some of those "risks" he's always talking about.

If Jerry has changed it all I think it would be in that he no longer believes he can build a team. He let Parcells build the team, and has been less involved with Jason. That said, he absolutely still believes he can buy the missing piece. He tried it numerous times with Wade and Hardy is just the latest "missing piece". So, when the team is in shambles he'll resign himself to watching if only because he doesn't have enough time to scout a whole team by his own. When the team is "close" however, he'll assume the command because he still thinks his way will work. More importantly, buying that last piece gives him a stake of the recognition if the team does win.

I think you are half right. Don't kid yourself, he is in that war room every draft and inserting his opinions while the others just nod in agreement. Jerry meddles a whole lot more than just writing a check for that one player to "get them over the hump" Remember when we drafted Escobar when we didn't need a TE? Everyone was shaking their heads. His response was we were emulating NE with Gronk/Hernandez. That wreaked of Jerry. Or how about trading up for Lemon Lawrence and giving up our 3rd rounder? Yup, that had Jerry all over it too. Or letting Murray walk because "Anyone can run behind this line". Every now and then he will get something right, like getting Collins but that is only because a broken clock is even right twice a day.

He is 100% responsible for this team sucking like it has for 20 years.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Just listened to Garrett on 105.3 The Fan in his weekly spot talk about scratching & cl;awing & fighting (again). Three things: 1) I'm tired of having my intelligence as a fan insulted by constantly having to hear this. It means he has no strategic answers game plan wise. 2) Instead of "banging away" daily how about some wins. and 3) At some point the veterans lose their positive attitude when their hard work does not pay off in any victories. It's human nature to get down after constantly seeing no results. That's how a locker room is lost. This guy is absolutely clueless...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Time to get rid of JG's 90s offense and join the rest of the modern world. Other teams use motion, picks, crossing routes, play action, double moves, their running backs in the passing game. JG just runs the same crap over and over. None of his plays work off each other or set up big plays down the field.

It isnt a coincidence that 3 different QBs this year and none of them take shots down the sideline to try to make big plays or draw a pass interference flag. We have one of the top 5 best WRs at going to get the ball, yet we never take advantage of it

Heck a lot of Cowboy fans can tell you what play is being ran at the LOS.

Also the ONE yard out routes to tight ends DO NOT WORK. How many times do we have to see our TEs get tackled for ZERO yard gains before they toss that crap out of the play book.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Payton is the only guy out there right now that Jerry might respect enough to stay out of the way. So if it isn't going to be Payton then there is no point in making a coaching change.

khiladi

Reaction score
Parcells tenure was vastly over-rated here.

We picked up guys like Skylar Green in that 2006 draft, which was a draft of futility for the ages.

It was exemplified by getting a bunch of veterans that Parcells coached previously, while he took a lot of money. This was the same guy got one of the worst starting LBs corps in our history, Bradie James and Akin Ayodele. They were that awful particularly in pass coverage and were exposed multiple times the last season he was here, when Payton blew us aparenst on basic screens, followed by Kitna specifically calling out that he was targetting James in the passing game against Detroit. We also wasted a draft pick on Bobby Carpenter.

We didn't have any CBs and Wade was left with guys like Jacques Reeves, Pat Watkins and an aging veteran in Anthony Henry, another type of guy Parcells liked, in our secondary. Let's not forget that we had Roy Williams left over as well from that era, though he was drafted previously. Our NT was that ex-Parcells player from Miami, I can't remember his name and the only reason our resident bi-polar NT Ratliff was inserted into the line-up at NT was because of Wade. Wade's track record has always been to get great NT play. He did it with Marcellus Wiley at Buffalo, the rest of the time his play was just average. "Ironically" he also brought over here during the Parcells era, another aging veteran who was average by that time.

We also have the fact that is pretty much undisputed that Parcells wanted Spears and got him, but Jerry over-ruled him and got Ware first. And he was essentially the real bright spot on this team. So our best defensive player in decades, was probably the result of Jerry.

Jerry was actually haunted by those trash secondary memories for ages. It was Jacques Reeves that blew any chance for the Cowboys to beat the Giants in 2007, in the first play-off game in 17 years and why the guy tried buying CBs since forever. It was also the primary reason they even took a chance on Pac-man Jones during the Wade era.

Also, Parcells last season was actually saved by the sudden emergence of Romo, when all hope was lost on the season. This was the very same day that ex-Giants players flew down to be on the sidelines with Parcells, because the season was essentially done with. Romo providing hope to this team goes way back even to the Parcells era. People act like Wade inherited a gem of a roster, which is almost nonsensical. The drafting of OL absolutely sucked during the Parcells era, and it only took off when Bill Callahan came here.

Don't get me started on Parcells game plan against Seattle in the play-offs that year, when he didn't even attack scrub CBs just gotten off the street.

Then we can look outside the Parcells era, when Jerry listened to the mediots about image, and didn't draft Randy Moss, who was looking forward to playing for his favorite team his whole life. What mistake that was and now they wan't him to act the same way with the best DL on the team, because of the mediots.

Wade gets a lot of flack, but the reality is Wade actually did pretty well with the roster at 13-3. He opened up the offense some with Sparano and Sparano was a sub-average OC, left over from the Parcells era. Sparano got us the 2nd ranked scoring offense in the NFL with the Romo-TO-Witten connection. If we had a legit OC, it probably would have changed the course of this franchise at least for going deep in the play-offs. The offense actually started stalling by the end of the year anyways, after the TO high-ankle sprain and the offense failed to adjust at all, ever since. And the addition of Jason Garrett by Jerry, messed everything up, of which we are still feeling the effects today.

I swear, the past always turns into some romantic fairy-tale.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Bingo. 20 year pattern of a billionaire ego maniac running our team into the ground. It's not JG's fault, he knows he sucks but if JJ is willing to pay the millions for him to coach without getting results then who is he to complain? He truly is a smart guy.
he was a history major at princeton, where his dad was the HC !! no wonder he was a starter!
His brother went there too.
So I dont think he is as smart as some might think.
But he is clever to get the job he has. 6 mil a year to come up with "its a process" "dont blink" "fight" and many other clever sayings.
And not to forget he has a mannequin working for him too !!:thumbup:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry's ego and insatiable need for credit has ruined the Dallas Cowboys name/franchise. Jimmy Johnson was able to win because there was no team success to be found under Jerry's ownership until they actually won something. So Jimmy was allowed to do things his way for a while. As soon as they succeeded all bets were off.
As a result, we are now left with a string of yes men/puppet head coaches (except Parcells) to work under Jerry and family. And Parcells was only here to get a new stadium built before Jerry drove him away.
This franchise will never succeed with this type of ownership structure. Owners should own and hire the right people to manage, select players and coach them.
Jerry learned zero from watching the Al Davis deterioration or just didn't care. Either way we are now condemned to an existence with people like Jason Garrett as a head coach.
I gave Garrett a chance when he first got here, but as soon as Jerry said they spent a lot of time "training" Garrett and wanted to reap the results that's when the horse left the barn for me.
I have followed this team loyally for 38 years and I've never been this discouraged. At least during the Campo years I knew Aikman had to retire and then we simply had no QB so it was what it was.
Now we have had Romo for nearly 10 years as a starter and zippo success. Last year was clearly an aberration. We have wasted the careers of two warriors who deserve to win a SB- Romo and Witten.
And for those that want to say the drafted talent on this team is better, that is true. But if it is not coached well or properly it does not matter. This season has made that clear. I cannot explain last year's 12-4 now at all.
This is now our existence as Cowboys fans until this owner dies. Hopefully his sons will do better and learn from their father's mistakes.
As fans we cannot afford many more Jason Garretts. It's quite sad what has happened to this franchise.
The Dallas Cowboys are supposed to be better than this.

Your not seeing that these teams are actually toys for super rich people, and they can do whatever they want with their toy.
Each owner will play with their toy however they want, and Jerry likes to play GM , and hire coaches that go along with
what he wants to do.
Jerry also likes to talk to the media and get attention.

He likes those things way more than winning, although he wants to win too.
He wants to have his cake and eat it too.
That hasnt worked out too well for him , but he would rather have the cake than actually eat it.

When he first started he needed to make money so there was JJ to build a winner, but by 2000 he had it all set up and makes money easily now.
Win or lose he makes plenty of money, so he will just keep playing with his toy.

And other owners do some bad things too, just look at SF, they had a SB team and just blew it up.
We get to watch them play with their toys and be the NFL, and we can take it or leave it, they dont care, with all the tv money they get.

The neilsen ratings say millions watch these games, but in case you dont know the neilsen ratings are estimates based on small
amount of people who are monitored.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They could change coaches but do any of us really believe it would actually change a whole lot? You'd still have some of the same issues because you'd still have the same set up with Jerry at the top as you do now.

For better or worse that's how it is with the Dallas Cowboys.

Now the whole fear thing, as it pertains to today's game, I don't know that I believe there is much fear from the players toward any coaches no days, to be quite honest.

With the salary cap the way it is the majority of players know, and realize, that there really isn't much a coach can or is going to do to you. That whole fear thing, IMO, is over blown. Especially as it concerns star players and main starters. Those guys know that there is nothing the coach is actually going to do to them.