Brady and Garrett or Bellichek and Dak?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This should be a good one. Lets assume this arrangement would be for a while, not one year stuff. Brady being younger of course.

Personally, that is a tough one for me.

Team, coaching, organizational flawlessness, salary cap perfection, scheme, teamed with Dak

Or

Best QB ever, almost a coordinator all on his own, proven champion combined with organizational dysfunction, horrid coaching, marginal talent acquisition.

jsb357

Reaction score
Captain decides the plan and the course

the navigator properly executes the captains wishes

Captain greater than navigator

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Easy..

Belichick and Dak.

Brady would've been out of the league by now if he played in Garretts system.

Brady is a system QB that has mastered the system and it involves a lot of short passing that sets up someone on the outside to make a play 1 on 1.

Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassell and has a winning record without Brady in New England.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
This should be a good one. Lets assume this arrangement would be for a while, not one year stuff. Brady being younger of course.

Personally, that is a tough one for me.

Team, coaching, organizational flawlessness, salary cap perfection, scheme, teamed with Dak

Or

Best QB ever, almost a coordinator all on his own, proven champion combined with organizational dysfunction, horrid coaching, marginal talent acquisition.
Man this is an interesting question. I would take Belichick and Dak. Brady may not be Brady under Garrett.

GenoT

Reaction score
Belichick/Dak...all day long.

A winning football team is more than just a QB. If the rest of the team isn’t well-constructed/coached, they won’t win.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Man this is an interesting question. I would take Belichick and Dak. Brady may not be Brady under Garrett.

That's pretty much where I am at. Dak develops into a powerhouse under Belli with the right scheme and coaching. Brady may be wallowing in the mire here under Garrett and Jerry. Probably another wasted career. Another Romo.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Belichick, Kraft and Prescott.:flagwave:

On the Kraft vs Jerry thing...

The Patriots are terrible at drafting.

So maybe just forget about the owners because we know that McClay is the main guy in the draft room and Belichick is their main guy.

Belichick is horrible at drafting. He's just unbelievable at scheming.

Dallas is great at drafting but horrible at scheming.

JustChip

Reaction score
It's an interesting question, but I think it's Belichick and Dak. Belichick put up an 11-5 season with Matt Freakin Cassel. However, I don't know that BB and Dak have the same success as BB and TB. That whole situation there is unique and no doubt the synergy of those 2 is great. It'll be interesting when one of them leaves, assuming the other stays, to see what becomes of NE.

**EDIT** Just look at Bill Parcell and Quincy Carter for what Bill Belichick and Dak would do.

GenoT

Reaction score

So maybe just forget about the owners because we know that McClay is the main guy in the draft room and Belichick is their main guy.

The Pats may be terrible at drafting, but Belichick has always seems to do pretty well with the players he has.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score

Belichick, Prescott, McClay & Kraft;)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But if we were going to make a swap for one season I’d take any elite qb over their HC.

In a situation where an elite HC could come in and build a team in his vision over several years without Jerry’s meddling then I’d rather have the HC.