Brady and Garrett or Bellichek and Dak?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would take Belicheck with you or me at QB over Garrett and Brady/Montana or anyone else....

irishline

Reaction score
It's an interesting question, but I think it's Belichick and Dak. Belichick put up an 11-5 season with Matt Freakin Cassel. However, I don't know that BB and Dak have the same success as BB and TB. That whole situation there is unique and no doubt the synergy of those 2 is great. It'll be interesting when one of them leaves, assuming the other stays, to see what becomes of NE.

**EDIT** Just look at Bill Parcell and Quincy Carter for what Bill Belichick and Dak would do.

This is a good point. I agree with most that I would go Belichick and Dak. That said. Belichick was 41-55 in 6 years of coaching before Brady. And he had Bernie Kosar, Vinny testaverde, and Drew Bledsoe as his QB's those 6 years, while not awesome they were hardly horrible.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of NE for sure.

I would take Belichick with you or me at QB over Garrett and Brady/Montana or anyone else....

See above. Garrett is not half the coach Belichick is, but neither was Belichick before Brady.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett wouldn't last 2 days with Brady
There are players who want to be good enough (Romo) and players who want to be the best (Brady, Aikman)

I completely agree. Brady either demands Garrett gets fired or doesn't renew his contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, Parcells was to a point. He did take a laughing stock team that was going 5-11 every year and turn them into a legit playoff contender.

Whichever pairing has Jerry as the owner has very little chance of winning anything. The same can be said for Prescott. If you have them both, good luck. It'll take an act of God and his son plays for the Eagles.

But the point has been made. The biggest issue in Dallas is the owner and HC, not the QB.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It's an interesting question, but I think it's Belichick and Dak. Belichick put up an 11-5 season with Matt Freakin Cassel. However, I don't know that BB and Dak have the same success as BB and TB. That whole situation there is unique and no doubt the synergy of those 2 is great. It'll be interesting when one of them leaves, assuming the other stays, to see what becomes of NE.

**EDIT** Just look at Bill Parcell and Quincy Carter for what Bill Belichick and Dak would do.
I disagree. Dak has won a playoff game with Garrett and Linehan. Carter didn't win a playoff game. Belichek would have Dak top 3 QB for many years

sean10mm

Reaction score
Belichick is the de facto GM and defensive coordinator as well as head coach. If you let Belichick be Belichick, you've basically negated everything wrong with the Cowboys since 1994.

Belichick would either develop Dak into a real QB, or dump him for somebody he could. Really Belichick + anybody is better than Garrett + anybody, because of Belichick gets the wrong people you can trust him to coach them up or replace them properly.

On the flipside, Romo put up statistical seasons comparable to Tom Brady in 2011 and 2013, and the team went 16-15 anyway. Garrett has proven he can waste virtually any level of QB play.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
This should be a good one. Lets assume this arrangement would be for a while, not one year stuff. Brady being younger of course.

Personally, that is a tough one for me.

Team, coaching, organizational flawlessness, salary cap perfection, scheme, teamed with Dak

Or

Best QB ever, almost a coordinator all on his own, proven champion combined with organizational dysfunction, horrid coaching, marginal talent acquisition.
You forgot that Brady would have been PAID the highest salary EVER had he been a Cowboy and would have hamstrung the franchise for a decade. He only gets paid $20 million at the Pats. That is why that team is so good. They have the cap space to constantly get above average role positions who make up a roster that is above average.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Belichick is the de facto GM and defensive coordinator as well as head coach. If you let Belichick be Belichick, you've basically negated everything wrong with the Cowboys since 1994.

Belichick would either develop Dak into a real QB, or dump him for somebody he could. Really Belichick + anybody is better than Garrett + anybody, because of Belichick gets the wrong people you can trust him to coach them up or replace them properly.

On the flipside, Romo put up statistical seasons comparable to Tom Brady in 2011 and 2013, and the team went 16-15 anyway. Garrett has proven he can waste virtually any level of QB play.
BINGO

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But the point has been made. The biggest issue in Dallas is the owner and HC, not the QB.

You have to replace all three to be a great franchise again. They all suck and have to be overcome to win anything.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This should be a good one. Lets assume this arrangement would be for a while, not one year stuff. Brady being younger of course.

Personally, that is a tough one for me.

Team, coaching, organizational flawlessness, salary cap perfection, scheme, teamed with Dak

Or

Best QB ever, almost a coordinator all on his own, proven champion combined with organizational dysfunction, horrid coaching, marginal talent acquisition.
I agree with a few others I've seen. This is an interesting question. I'd have to say probably Belichick and Dak, mostly because pocket passers don't do well under Garrett.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
This is a very interesting question. I feel like people are not giving Brady anywhere close to the credit that he deserves. He is without a doubt far and away the greatest QB to ever play in the NFL. Anyone who thinks Dak converts three straight third an 10s in overtime like Brady did is dreaming. Brady may come to Dallas and stink up the joint but he is the one on the field winning those games.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
On the Kraft vs Jerry thing...

The Patriots are terrible at drafting.

So maybe just forget about the owners because we know that McClay is the main guy in the draft room and Belichick is their main guy.

Belichick is horrible at drafting. He's just unbelievable at scheming.

Dallas is great at drafting but horrible at scheming.
I wouldn't say they are terrible at drafting. Here is a list of some of their key players they drafted.

Sony Michel-RB. Good RB
No #1 no good picks
No #1 pick and no good picks
Trey Flowers DE. Real good DE
Dominique Easley DT
Garropolo QB. Pretty good QB
James White RB. One of if not the BEST receiving RB in the league. Great pick
Jamie Collins LB
Chandler Jones DE. Very good
Dont'a Hightower LB very good
Nate Solder T
Devin McCourty DB. He is pretty good
Gronkowski TE. One of the best ever TE's Sure fire HOF
Patrick Chung DB he is serviceable
Julian Edelman WR. One of the best clutch wr's in the league. Future HOF. Yes, he is great.

They did draft the GOAT Brady too folks.

So, not sure where all of this they suck at drafting come from. They picked up some quality players that impact their games.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have to replace all three to be a great franchise again. They all suck and have to be overcome to win anything.

Made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years with Dak. Made the 2nd round of the playoffs as well. So it would stand to reason that if you improve somewhat the team around Dak and improve coaching, we can get to the SB.

Replacing the HC is much easier then replacing the QB. But when we can get a better QB then Dak I would definitely take a look. Not happening this offseason so maybe we revisit this in 2020.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Brady here is going to look similar to Romo, maybe worse since he cant scramble like Romo could. Kill every other playcall by Garrett and yell at Garrett because of his bad game management skills. Actually with the temper Brady has, I cant see him being here long at all.

If Belichick thinks Dak is serviceable, he will be successful, that's just the system the Patriots have in place.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with a few others I've seen. This is an interesting question. I'd have to say probably Belichick and Dak, mostly because pocket passers don't do well under Garrett.

Not mostly because Garrett is terrible?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years with Dak. Made the 2nd round of the playoffs as well. So it would stand to reason that if you improve somewhat the team around Dak and improve coaching, we can get to the SB.

Replacing the HC is much easier then replacing the QB. But when we can get a better QB then Dak I would definitely take a look. Not happening this offseason so maybe we revisit this in 2020.

You made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years with Jerry and Garrett too. So it stands to reason if you improve the QB we can get to the SB.

You can get a better QB than Prescott in every offseason. You might have to groom them for a bit but they will have a better skill set than what he does.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years with Jerry and Garrett too. So it stands to reason if you improve the QB we can get to the SB.

You can get a better QB than Prescott in every offseason. You might have to groom them for a bit but they will have a better skill set than what he does.

LOL...……..so you want to groom the rookie, but not Dak? Agenda!!!!

So you can get a QB EVERY year that can lead you to the 2nd round of the playoffs with a dysfunctional coaching staff, scheme, and marginal Oline?

Awesome!!!! Well then we might as well get a new QB EVERY year then. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::flagwave: