Brady Quinn - Anthony Spencer

superpunk

Reaction score
rcaldw;2407370 said:
Ah, my fire Wade compadre, don't be too quick on the draw on this one. We have to see how Romo, Spencer and Felix actually finish in the long run, and we have to see how Quinn finishes.

ANDDDDDDDD, don't forget the original premise (as misinformed as it was!), I wasn't including Felix in my musings, I was only going SPENCER VS. QUINN, which (I want this on the record), Lab says he would do straight up.

Lets see how that one turns out!
I think "wait and see" was the point I was trying to make. Spencer and Felix have looked every bit as impressive as Quinn did last night in their limited time, AND they're doing it in positions we can actually use.

If we had drafted Quinn, the best case scenario is that he's an adequate backup for a few years. Then, when his contract is expiring, someone sees enough in him to offer us a first rounder that we had invested in him. That is the BEST we could hope for, IMO.

The worst case scenario is he's here for a few years, he leaves to become a starter somewhere else instead of continuing to backup Romo, and then we've wasted a first round pick and we're all bellyaching that Spencer is racking up 10 sacks a year in Pittsburgh and we have noone to complement Ware.

Dat Dude

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2407189 said:
Spencer is/going to be a great player......

I would trade Carp for him......

Quinn is no ROMO

Brady Quinn will be > than Romo in 2 years....

Romo is a fad.. Quinn has staying power.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Brady Quinn isn't in Tony Romo's universe. It isn't even close! Quinn isn't very accurate, and Romo is straight up bullseye. That is just one area.

Did Quinn complete one pass over 10 yards last night? I saw Winslow bending to the ground to catch the ball on short passes.

Reaction score
41gy#;2407479 said:
Brady Quinn isn't in Tony Romo's universe. It isn't even close! Quinn isn't very accurate, and Romo is straight up bullseye. That is just one area.

Did Quinn complete one pass over 10 yards last night? I saw Winslow bending to the ground to catch the ball on short passes.

In Romo's first game the G-Men, how many pick's did he throw?

Right..... and he was already 3 1/2 years in the system...?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2407502 said:

I don't know, but one was batted up in the air - his first one.

The thing is Romo threw some picks, but he was bulls eye on most of his other passes, and he threw a couple of TDs as well.

It's silly to even compare Quinn to Romo right now.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2407178 said:
Really? It'd been nice to have someone for only 3 games, rather than have our future set at both OLB positions?

I'd say that would be miserable. Not to mention Felix Jones.

Exactly. I tried to stay away from this tread because it's ridiculous.

Brady Quinn isn't anything just yet.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCordsville Cowboy;2407502 said:

And what has he done since? Quinn would be lucky to achieve half as much on the field.

burmafrd

Reaction score
As was pointed out a lot of the hate for quinn here is because he went to Notre Dame. If he went anywhere else it would be VERY different.

He executed the Browns game plan about as well as it could be done.
Love the idiot who claimed he was not accurate- just typical stupidity.

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2407677 said:
And what has he done since? Quinn would be lucky to achieve half as much on the field.

Would be pissed... but not shocked if Quinn won a playoff game before Tony.

rcaldw

Reaction score
If someone wants to argue that Spencer will turn out better than Quinn, fine. But anyone who would argue that Quinn didn't play well Thursday night and doesn't show promise, is just a football idiot. Not saying they are an idiot, idiot. :) Just saying a football idiot.

Why in the world can people not lay aside their bias to be able to be honest about things?

"HE SUCKS"

Really? I mean is that an honest football assessment? Didn't even Deion Sanders who seems to have a major bias against the kind of QB that Quinn represents have to admit that he played well?

When you say he didn't play well you just make yourself look bad. If you want to argue that he can't sustain it, fine, but the guy did it, NO MATTER WHAT DEFENSE HE PLAYED AGAINST, on ONE DAY'S WORTH OF PRACTICE.

Give me a break, that is a good performance by any honest standard of measure.