Brag about your kids!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh Boy.... I have 4 daughters, so here goes.
1st one was born when I was 18 and a month away from graduation in HS. I was on the Football, basketball and baseball teams in HS, so I was SUPER competitive. My 1st went to my sporting events when I was in the Marines. She got super competitive. They tried to remove her at age 10 from a YMCA basketball league. Scored 50 in a Jr high basketball game, is the all time leader in points scored, boy or girl, at her HS. Was a varsity starter as a Freshman in both Basketball and softball, 4 time all conference player in both sports, league MVP in basketball. Scored 40 while being double teamed the entire game in a HS basketball playoff game. She was getting seriously razzed by the fans of her rival HS... she made the free throw and turned to face the crowd and gave them the shush sign....lol. Oh, she went on to play college softball and tied an NCAA record hitting 4 Hrs in one game. I dont see that being broken, ever. I was not at that game. Earned a masters in Kinesiology. She is currently the head coach of a D2 school and was the youngest head coach in the conference.

Daughter 2 is our most stubborn. Moved out at age 19, moved back at age 20...lol. Currently manages a huge brewery. Takes no crap from nobody, wont let mom or dad do much for her. Doesnt want to listen to anybody, but has a huge heart and is a damn hard worker. She is the free spirit that clearly lives life for today. She is now taking real estate classes to get her license. She is fierce!

Daughter 3 is the sweetest human I know. She house sits or baby sits and actually gives some of the money back because she tells people they are paying her too much.... wth? She is super sensitive, and my pushiness as a coach that was totally acceptable for daughter number 1, didnt go over well with daughter number 3. She attends UCLA and will graduate this year with a degree in anthropology. I was the first in our family with a BA, daughter 1 was first with a masters, and daughter 3 will likely be the first with a doctorate. Possibly med school in her future.

Daughter 4 is the baby. She is the hardest worker, hustler, business driven, entrepreneur, take no **** from anybody, pushy determined of the 4. Shes 19 and had 3 jobs plus a side hustle selling beauty products. She cleans out her closet by starting a web page and selling her clothes that I would have thrown away.. making a smooth 6 hundred bucks in the process. She had her SR year in HS lost to covid as the school shut down in March of her Sr year. She didnt wine, she went out and took classes from the local JC and had completed 9 units prior to starting college. She currently has 2 jobs in addition to school full time. Has had the same boyfriend for 5 years.. and she wears the pants in that relationship. She started an IRA account last year on her own. This summer she planned, paid for, and booked her own vacation to costa rica.

Yep, as you can see... Im pretty damn proud of the girls my wife of 33 years and I have raised.
That's great, brother!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Semaj Fleming!!! He's not my kid.. he is my great nephew.. as in the son of my nephew.. He ran 11.4 in the 100 meters last summer.. as an 8th grader.. He has been playing varsity for Edgewater High School in Orlando, Florida the last 5 games as a receiver and kick returner.. This return won the game and clinched the district title against their arch rival..

Got some filling out to do but speed runs in his family.. His granddad, my brother was a 9.6 100 yard dash man in high school.. and his dad was a sub-11 100 meter man.. He probably breaks 11 seconds this year.. at age 14.. Amazing.. I didn't break 11 seconds until my second year in college!

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Great subject @Ranching !!

I will try to condense this as I could take up pages braggin' about my gals.

My oldest Shelby Leigh, is an RN, went back to school to get her BSN. Now considering going back for NP. My name comes from when she was 12. She played 3rd base and batted 3rd in the line-up. Won the Pony nationals as a 12 year old, 5-2, she drove in 3 of the five runs. Played 16U as a 13 year old on the national level. We have played from Colorado to New York. Man I miss every weekend being taken up playing ball. She had college offers, but with the amount of studying it took to become a nurse she decided against it. It worked out well because many of her friends who played college ball hated it, because of the amount of time it took up.

My youngest Kylie Grace, is a school teacher. She received degrees in Teaching and Kinesiology. She was my basketball player. She set the freshman record for 3 pointers in our county and won the Virginia state free throw championship as a 10 year old. At 14, she had already received 12 letters on interest from colleges, including 3 D1 schools. She played on a travel team that played all over the East coast. At 16 she burned out because it took up so much of her time and stopped playing. I missed it bad, but I always told both of them that once it quit being fun it was time to walk away.

But what I'm most proud of with what good-hearted, hard working ladies they turned into. I often ask what did I do to get so lucky to have such great girls. I honestly don't think I deserve them but dang I am so happy they are mine!

Congrats on your daughter too! She sounds like a great young lady!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great subject @Ranching !!

I will try to condense this as I could take up pages braggin' about my gals.

My oldest Shelby Leigh, is an RN, went back to school to get her BSN. Now considering going back for NP. My name comes from when she was 12. She played 3rd base and batted 3rd in the line-up. Won the Pony nationals as a 12 year old, 5-2, she drove in 3 of the five runs. Played 16U as a 13 year old on the national level. We have played from Colorado to New York. Man I miss every weekend being taken up playing ball. She had college offers, but with the amount of studying it took to become a nurse she decided against it. It worked out well because many of her friends who played college ball hated it, because of the amount of time it took up.

My youngest Kylie Grace, is a school teacher. She received degrees in Teaching and Kinesiology. She was my basketball player. She set the freshman record for 3 pointers in our county and won the Virginia state free throw championship as a 10 year old. At 14, she had already received 12 letters on interest from colleges, including 3 D1 schools. She played on a travel team that played all over the East coast. At 16 she burned out because it took up so much of her time and stopped playing. I missed it bad, but I always told both of them that once it quit being fun it was time to walk away.

But what I'm most proud of with what good-hearted, hard working ladies they turned into. I often ask what did I do to get so lucky to have such great girls. I honestly don't think I deserve them but dang I am so happy they are mine!

Congrats on your daughter too! She sounds like a great young lady!
Beautiful!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Proud of all my 4 adult children.

Two of my three sons are high school teachers; one also coaches basketball. They are both totally committed to helping kids succeed. My other son works for a church organization that is helping people. Very proud of my daughter who has bipolar disorder yet has worked hard at 36 to go back to college and is now a semester away from finishing her degree in business.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response, But I just noticed The thread.
Kid #1 MBA from Mt.St.Mary's in Maryland. HS Basketball Star State Semi Finalist State of Virginia and One Hellluva Dad to my first Grand Son
KiD#2 Successful Music Producer. Credits Include Soundtrack for FX series Atlanta, Childish Gambinos Eat you Vegetables Ect. moved out Definitely Not Spongin Off Dad
Kid #3 Works in Manhattan NY At Trump Tower. As Customer Service rep Father to two of my Grand Children
Kid #4 Baby girl, Princess, Daddy's Heart only Girl. Out on her own Doing It up with her own Business

Kid # 1.A- Died form Crib Death in 1988 but he inspired Me to be the Man I am. Made me stand up to the challenges of fatherhood

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Semaj Fleming!!! He's not my kid.. he is my great nephew.. as in the son of my nephew.. He ran 11.4 in the 100 meters last summer.. as an 8th grader.. He has been playing varsity for Edgewater High School in Orlando, Florida the last 5 games as a receiver and kick returner.. This return won the game and clinched the district title against their arch rival..

Got some filling out to do but speed runs in his family.. His granddad, my brother was a 9.6 100 yard dash man in high school.. and his dad was a sub-11 100 meter man.. He probably breaks 11 seconds this year.. at age 14.. Amazing.. I didn't break 11 seconds until my second year in college!

An update on my great Nephew. He did indeed break 11 in the 100 meters this past spring. He ran 10.97. He ended up 2nd in his district and 5th in his region. Failing to quality for the state championships but he and his mates on the 4x100 meter relay did qualify and I think placed 4th in the state meet. But that's not the exciting news. This past weekend Semaj attended a camp at the University of Central Florida and so impressed the coaching staff there that they offered him a scholarship on the spot. Again.. he's just finished his FRESHMAN YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL! This is gonna be fun. Will be interesting to see if he decides to stay close to home when the time comes or if he goes off to a bigger program farther away.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
An update on my great Nephew. He did indeed break 11 in the 100 meters this past spring. He ran 10.97. He ended up 2nd in his district and 5th in his region. Failing to quality for the state championships but he and his mates on the 4x100 meter relay did qualify and I think placed 4th in the state meet. But that's not the exciting news. This past weekend Semaj attended a camp at the University of Central Florida and so impressed the coaching staff there that they offered him a scholarship on the spot. Again.. he's just finished his FRESHMAN YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL! This is gonna be fun. Will be interesting to see if he decides to stay close to home when the time comes or if he goes off to a bigger program farther away.

I have sent 60 plus kids to play from D1 through NAIA college softball, in addition to my daughter being the head coach of a d2 program. Most important thing is to find the school they want to go to. Honestly, college sports is going down hill IMO. Its not much different than club ball now. Kid isnt happy, boom, transfer. D1 all americans transfer, not because they arent happy, but in softball they now transfer to the better team in hops of that national title. Oklahoma just sits back and gets everyone best players now. So priority number 1 is no longer the sport for the vast majority of kids IMO, it should 100% be about the school and your major. Good luck to him.

Update on my kid, she graduated form UCLA last weekend. Im damn happy... also happy not having to pay that tuition or rent any longer either....lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have sent 60 plus kids to play from D1 through NAIA college softball, in addition to my daughter being the head coach of a d2 program. Most important thing is to find the school they want to go to. Honestly, college sports is going down hill IMO. Its not much different than club ball now. Kid isnt happy, boom, transfer. D1 all americans transfer, not because they arent happy, but in softball they now transfer to the better team in hops of that national title. Oklahoma just sits back and gets everyone best players now. So priority number 1 is no longer the sport for the vast majority of kids IMO, it should 100% be about the school and your major. Good luck to him.

Update on my kid, she graduated form UCLA last weekend. Im damn happy... also happy not having to pay that tuition or rent any longer either....lol

Amen to that one brother.. and congrats to the young lady!! My own youngest will be dancing with the Oakland Ballet in the fall. She just got picked up for a contract for the 2022-2023 season so her journey continues after a one year stint with Kansas City Ballet. She loved Kansas City but though the director was a jerk and decided to move on after one year. This ballet life is weird!

ESisback

Reaction score
Amen to that one brother.. and congrats to the young lady!! My own youngest will be dancing with the Oakland Ballet in the fall. She just got picked up for a contract for the 2022-2023 season so her journey continues after a one year stint with Kansas City Ballet. She loved Kansas City but though the director was a jerk and decided to move on after one year. This ballet life is weird!
I used to wear a tutu. Now I wear a twelve twelve!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I remember reading about the ballet from you before. Oakland is 75ish minutes from where I live. Heading to Oakland Airport tomorrow. Oakland will be quite different from KC for her....lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I remember reading about the ballet from you before. Oakland is 75ish minutes from where I live. Heading to Oakland Airport tomorrow. Oakland will be quite different from KC for her....lol

She is well acquainted with Oakland.. She was born in San Jose and we lived there until August of 2019 (Go Dubs!!!). Getting back to the Bay will actually be a homecoming for her.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
She is well acquainted with Oakland.. She was born in San Jose and we lived there until August of 2019 (Go Dubs!!!). Getting back to the Bay will actually be a homecoming for her.

I quick update to how things went for my daughter in Oakland.. In a word.. smashing! She loves the director and assistant director of the Oakland Ballet and they love her. This was a newspaper article about her and the company that ran I think in April:

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2023/0...ballet-gala-to-benefit-citys-performing-arts/

Oh and my great nephew had a wonderful sophomore year in football and has about 6 scholarship offers for football already including Iowa State and GaTech. https://www.maxpreps.com/fl/orlando...s/sir-semaj-l-fleming/?careerid=j70p3sp9rln66

But the real fun was what he did on the track. He busted out a 10.78 in the 100 meters and get this.. 21.38 in the 200. That 200 time is just stoopid for a sophomore.

https://florida.tfrrs.org/athletes/8030057/Edgewater/Semaj_Fleming.html

Needless to say we are extremely proud of what the next generation is doing in our family.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
My eldest son is a radiologist for Catawaba medical. Poor guys went to school for 6 years. My younger son, thank God he is still alive, works in a paint store. He recently started and small business making fishing flies. He does it when he is off to supplement his income.