Brag about your kids!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have one kid, very proud of her. She graduated college with a triple major at the age of 20. She starts a job in the insurance business tomorrow. I'm hoping to hook her up with a state farm agency once she learns the business......she's smart like her mother and a smart *** like her dad!
Brag about your kids!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I have one kid, very proud of her. She graduated college with a triple major at the age of 20. She starts a job in the insurance business tomorrow. I'm hoping to hook her up with a state farm agency once she learns the business......she's smart like her mother and a smart *** like her dad!
Brag about your kids!

My kid was a quadruple major at the age of 19 and works at State Farm.

ESisback

Reaction score
Two daughters, the older one just bought her first house, with her own money. Has held a job in her field for years, and is conscientious, appreciates everything she has, is a good mother, is smart and creative and a genuinely good person. My younger one is a librarian, intensely smart and focused and detail oriented. She too cares about others, and is responsible, hard working, and decent, and is skilled at horticulture, decorating, and archery. I also have two stepchildren who are extremely hard working, responsible and honorable people.

I am blessed.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Two daughters, the older one just bought her first house, with her own money. Has held a job in her field for years, and is conscientious, appreciates everything she has, is a good mother, is smart and creative and a genuinely good person. My younger one is a librarian, intensely smart and focused and detail oriented. She too cares about others, and is responsible, hard working, and decent, and is skilled at horticulture, decorating, and archery. I also have two stepchildren who are extremely hard working, responsible and honorable people.

I am blessed.
That is what is important. In my mind, of everything we do as we walk this earth, what we create to walk after us is the most important thing.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
My youngest will be dancing as a member of the Kansas City Ballet this fall. So maybe the over $100 Gs in dance tuition, tutus, ballet shoes, and what not were worth it.. Color me proud! She is 20.. being a ballerina has been her stated objective since she was about 5 years old. How many of us gets to achieve their lifelong dreams?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My youngest will be dancing as a member of the Kansas City Ballet this fall. So maybe the over $100 Gs in dance tuition, tutus, ballet shoes, and what not were worth it.. Color me proud! She is 20.. being a ballerina has been her stated objective since she was about 5 years old. How many of us gets to achieve their lifelong dreams?
Congratulations to you, and her, but mostly you. I see so many parents bust their humps to pay for their kids' educations, only to have the kids drop out or take a job outside the scope of their studies.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Oh Boy.... I have 4 daughters, so here goes.
1st one was born when I was 18 and a month away from graduation in HS. I was on the Football, basketball and baseball teams in HS, so I was SUPER competitive. My 1st went to my sporting events when I was in the Marines. She got super competitive. They tried to remove her at age 10 from a YMCA basketball league. Scored 50 in a Jr high basketball game, is the all time leader in points scored, boy or girl, at her HS. Was a varsity starter as a Freshman in both Basketball and softball, 4 time all conference player in both sports, league MVP in basketball. Scored 40 while being double teamed the entire game in a HS basketball playoff game. She was getting seriously razzed by the fans of her rival HS... she made the free throw and turned to face the crowd and gave them the shush sign....lol. Oh, she went on to play college softball and tied an NCAA record hitting 4 Hrs in one game. I dont see that being broken, ever. I was not at that game. Earned a masters in Kinesiology. She is currently the head coach of a D2 school and was the youngest head coach in the conference.

Daughter 2 is our most stubborn. Moved out at age 19, moved back at age 20...lol. Currently manages a huge brewery. Takes no crap from nobody, wont let mom or dad do much for her. Doesnt want to listen to anybody, but has a huge heart and is a damn hard worker. She is the free spirit that clearly lives life for today. She is now taking real estate classes to get her license. She is fierce!

Daughter 3 is the sweetest human I know. She house sits or baby sits and actually gives some of the money back because she tells people they are paying her too much.... wth? She is super sensitive, and my pushiness as a coach that was totally acceptable for daughter number 1, didnt go over well with daughter number 3. She attends UCLA and will graduate this year with a degree in anthropology. I was the first in our family with a BA, daughter 1 was first with a masters, and daughter 3 will likely be the first with a doctorate. Possibly med school in her future.

Daughter 4 is the baby. She is the hardest worker, hustler, business driven, entrepreneur, take no **** from anybody, pushy determined of the 4. Shes 19 and had 3 jobs plus a side hustle selling beauty products. She cleans out her closet by starting a web page and selling her clothes that I would have thrown away.. making a smooth 6 hundred bucks in the process. She had her SR year in HS lost to covid as the school shut down in March of her Sr year. She didnt wine, she went out and took classes from the local JC and had completed 9 units prior to starting college. She currently has 2 jobs in addition to school full time. Has had the same boyfriend for 5 years.. and she wears the pants in that relationship. She started an IRA account last year on her own. This summer she planned, paid for, and booked her own vacation to costa rica.

Yep, as you can see... Im pretty damn proud of the girls my wife of 33 years and I have raised.

ESisback

Reaction score
1st one was born when I was 18 and a month away from graduation in HS. I was on the Football, basketball and baseball teams in HS, so I was SUPER competitive. My 1st went to my sporting events when I was in the Marines. She got super competitive. They tried to remove her at age 10 from a YMCA basketball league. Scored 50 in a Jr high basketball game, is the all time leader in points scored, boy or girl, at her HS. Was a varsity starter as a Freshman in both Basketball and softball, 4 time all conference player in both sports, league MVP in basketball. Scored 40 while being double teamed the entire game in a HS basketball playoff game. She was getting seriously razzed by the fans of her rival HS... she made the free throw and turned to face the crowd and gave them the shush sign....lol. Oh, she went on to play college softball and tied an NCAA record hitting 4 Hrs in one game. I dont see that being broken, ever. I was not at that game. Earned a masters in Kinesiology. She is currently the head coach of a D2 school and was the youngest head coach in the conference.

Daughter 2 is our most stubborn. Moved out at age 19, moved back at age 20...lol. Currently manages a huge brewery. Takes no crap from nobody, wont let mom or dad do much for her. Doesnt want to listen to anybody, but has a huge heart and is a damn hard worker. She is the free spirit that clearly lives life for today. She is now taking real estate classes to get her license. She is fierce!

Daughter 3 is the sweetest human I know. She house sits or baby sits and actually gives some of the money back because she tells people they are paying her too much.... wth? She is super sensitive, and my pushiness as a coach that was totally acceptable for daughter number 1, didnt go over well with daughter number 3. She attends UCLA and will graduate this year with a degree in anthropology. I was the first in our family with a BA, daughter 1 was first with a masters, and daughter 3 will likely be the first with a doctorate. Possibly med school in her future.

Daughter 4 is the baby. She is the hardest worker, hustler, business driven, entrepreneur, take no **** from anybody, pushy determined of the 4. Shes 19 and had 3 jobs plus a side hustle selling beauty products. She cleans out her closet by starting a web page and selling her clothes that I would have thrown away.. making a smooth 6 hundred bucks in the process. She had her SR year in HS lost to covid as the school shut down in March of her Sr year. She didnt wine, she went out and took classes from the local JC and had completed 9 units prior to starting college. She currently has 2 jobs in addition to school full time. Has had the same boyfriend for 5 years.. and she wears the pants in that relationship. She started an IRA account last year on her own. This summer she planned, paid for, and booked her own vacation to costa rica.

Yep, as you can see... Im pretty damn proud of the girls my wife of 33 years and I have raised.

Congrats, Dad!✊

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I assume I know what you're getting at (or did get at) and if so, I agree. I guess I just figured they'd come to their senses by this day and age, but it seems I gave them too much credit.
God bless, Ronnie✊

Thanks gents.. I was highlighting the challenges my daughter faced in her quest to become a ballerina to bolster my point as to just how proud of her I am.. At one point a school director told her she was "too fat to be a ballerina" and should "maybe look into another form of dance." Mind you at this point in time my daughter was about 5'2" 110 pounds. But unlike most of the other girls, she was curvy. Ballet tends to favor the stick figure female.. Which..er.. ahem..some er.. ahem ethnic groups have less of than others.. Maybe the mods will let me say that? Anyway. This was the last week of May which was the time when the girls are told if they will be moved up to the next level or not. My daughter was told no and this was given as the reason why. The had done two years at their second highest level and if they did not move her up it was going to be three. This would be the equivalent of repeating a grade in school. They had a 5 week break before the beginning of he school's summer intensive. After spending one day moping about and being bummed at the news she came to me and my wife and said "I want to spend the next 5 weeks working out every day.." So she did.. For the next 5 weeks either my wife or myself drove her to drop in dance classes in San Francisco (we lived in San Jose about 50 miles away) or to the gym or to both. The extra dance classes refined her technique and the workouts reshaped her body..

When the summer session started every teacher at school and all the kids remarked about how different she looked. Mind you she had not lost a single pound.. but simply through targeted workouts had remade her body to look more like what the directors were looking for. Still the director wouldn't budge off her stance. By the second week of the summer session the whispers around the school were getting louder. " Nicole (my daughter) is blowing the rest of the girls away. How can they not move her up?" By the 4th week the teachers were now pleading with the director to rectify her error. By the end of the session, the director had relented and agreed to move my daughter up to the highest level. In order to make it look like she had not just been owned, she also moved up two other girls who really didn't deserve it because they had not made any improvement... but what the hell.. you take the victories as you can get them. Needless to say I was/am extremely proud of her.. not just because of her talent but because of her resolve. She refuses to fail.. a trait she clearly inherited from dear old dad.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Hell yeah.. way to go mom and pops!! Oh yeah.. the kids too!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks gents.. I was highlighting the challenges my daughter faced in her quest to become a ballerina to bolster my point as to just how proud of her I am.. At one point a school director told her she was "too fat to be a ballerina" and should "maybe look into another form of dance." Mind you at this point in time my daughter was about 5'2" 110 pounds. But unlike most of the other girls, she was curvy. Ballet tends to favor the stick figure female.. Which..er.. ahem..some er.. ahem ethnic groups have less of than others.. Maybe the mods will let me say that? Anyway. This was the last week of May which was the time when the girls are told if they will be moved up to the next level or not. My daughter was told no and this was given as the reason why. The had done two years at their second highest level and if they did not move her up it was going to be three. This would be the equivalent of repeating a grade in school. They had a 5 week break before the beginning of he school's summer intensive. After spending one day moping about and being bummed at the news she came to me and my wife and said "I want to spend the next 5 weeks working out every day.." So she did.. For the next 5 weeks either my wife or myself drove her to drop in dance classes in San Francisco (we lived in San Jose about 50 miles away) or to the gym or to both. The extra dance classes refined her technique and the workouts reshaped her body..

When the summer session started every teacher at school and all the kids remarked about how different she looked. Mind you she had not lost a single pound.. but simply through targeted workouts had remade her body to look more like what the directors were looking for. Still the director wouldn't budge off her stance. By the second week of the summer session the whispers around the school were getting louder. " Nicole (my daughter) is blowing the rest of the girls away. How can they not move her up?" By the 4th week the teachers were now pleading with the director to rectify her error. By the end of the session, the director had relented and agreed to move my daughter up to the highest level. In order to make it look like she had not just been owned, she also moved up two other girls who really didn't deserve it because they had not made any improvement... but what the hell.. you take the victories as you can get them. Needless to say I was/am extremely proud of her.. not just because of her talent but because of her resolve. She refuses to fail.. a trait she clearly inherited from dear old dad.
I'm proud of her too! And I don't even know her. It's kids like that who make me reconsider destroying the planet and everyone on it.