Brandon Cooks grab your playbook coach wants to see you

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Our number 1 draft pick next year needs to be a WR with serious speed, because outside of Turpin our receivers must be the slowest group in the nfl who get zero separation. Thankfully Dak was throwing dimes last night.

But we are so damn slow it seems, wandale Robinson seems like the fastest player ever compared to our guys yesterday.

And they are all so small. I think CeeDee is our tallest WR. We are tiny and slow at this position

Round 1 speed wr
Round 2 RB

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Interesting cause I got blasted in the summer for saying cooks is overpaid. Part of the problem is the routes he's asked to run. Look how often our guys are asked to run 10 yards then either sit in a spot or come back towards the QB. Nabors had our young db's on skates and getting twisted, we do not have a single receiver who can do that to get open.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
We are terribly slow at almost every position on the field, with the exception of Parsons and Overshown.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Our number 1 draft pick next year needs to be a WR with serious speed, because outside of Turpin our receivers must be the slowest group in the nfl who get zero separation. Thankfully Dak was throwing dimes last night.

But we are so damn slow it seems, wandale Robinson seems like the fastest player ever compared to our guys yesterday.

And they are all so small. I think CeeDee is our tallest WR. We are tiny and slow at this position

Round 1 speed wr
Round 2 kiiddi

Round 1 speed wr
Round 2 RB
No kidding.. I can't tell you how many times I found myself wincing when the ball left Dak's hand only to see a dart basically force the receiver to catch it in self defense. I think Cooks will have his games. He needs the right kind of matchup to do his thing. Curse of the short quick receiver is that if you get matched up on a short quick corner you need multi-cut routes to create any separation and it doesn't look like our offense features a lot of those. Though if I'm not mistaken Cooks obliterated his man on one in the Cleveland game. But the lack of pass protection might be the reason we don't see a lot of those.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
I wouldn't be against trading for a better WR2 this season, bigger or faster, or better both, is there anyone out ther little Stevie would be open to paying for?

Not a star of course, but someone that can have an impact on this offense.

I like to see what Flournoy can do but that won't happen, not for this season.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wouldn't be against trading for a better WR2 this season, bigger or faster, or better both, is there anyone out ther little Stevie would be open to paying for?

Not a star of course, but someone that can have an impact on this offense.

I like to see what Flournoy can do but that won't happen, not for this season.
I'm often pretty quick to shoot down trade options, but WR is one that seems to have guys at least being shopped around each year. Diontae Johnson may be a guy to keep an eye on in Carolina as we get close to the deadline.

Creeper

Reaction score
He is no longer the quick speedy receiver he once was. He seems to be a misfit on this team. They need a real #2 WR still. Cooks isn't it.

Aven8

Reaction score
Turpin should replace him. No one is kicking to him anymore so we need to use the hell out of him