Brandon Graham BPA

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I'm a Michigan fan but I see no reason for this. It would be a flat out waste imo

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3263759 said:
I'm a Michigan fan but I see no reason for this. It would be a flat out waste imo

leading the league in sacks would be a waste?

oops, speaking to a Ron Brace fan

my b

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3263760 said:
leading the league in sacks would be a waste?

oops, speaking to a Ron Brace fan

my b
he ain't gonna be sacking **** on the bench. who's coming off the field so he can play?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3263763 said:
he ain't gonna be sacking **** on the bench. who's coming off the field so he can play?

Keith Brooking

Ware...Spencer...Graham

boo!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3263764 said:
Keith Brooking

Ware...Spencer...Graham

boo!

defensive end to inside linebacker in a 3-4?:laugh2: :madden:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3263775 said:
:laugh2: are you serious?

very.

just imagine for a second

3 guys who could rip your head off, coming at you at the speed of light? oh ****! **** yeah!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I just can't see it. DE or ILB yeah, but he's no 3-4 DE and I don't see him as an ILB either.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3263769 said:
:laugh2:no, you dolt

a special package on passing downs

lol bob just stop.

Brandon Graham would be sitting his *** on the bench behind your boys Spencer and Butler.

The Realist

Reaction score
Physically he looks like Jeremiah Trotter, Chris Gocong, Woodley, Bruschi, Spencer.

Gocong played DT/DE at Cal Poly.

Graham played DT/DE and 5 technique DE at UM.

I actually never thought about 3-4 DE and don't see it but he was 295 when he showed up at UM.

If all these other college DE's can stand up and play OLB why can't he stand up and play ILB.

He was rated as one of the top ILB's in the nation coming out of HS and very smart.

He is already more athletic than Brooking and Ware.

Spencer Graham Ratliff Ware

That's unblockable in passing situations.

Right now our 4th DL in passing situations is a waste of space.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Graham is not an ILB. Never had the responsibilites in college and it's way too much of a transition from DE to ILB.

And drafting him in the first as a package player is not a good move, not to mention the ILBs we have are pretty good blitzers from the nickel.

If he's there, trade the pick, but I highly doubt
-Graham's not the first DE/OLB taken
-he gets past SF (x2), NE, ARZ and GB all teams who need a 3-4 OLB

The Realist

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3263921 said:
Graham is not an ILB. Never had the responsibilites in college and it's way too much of a transition from DE to ILB.

And drafting him in the first as a package player is not a good move, not to mention the ILBs we have are pretty good blitzers from the nickel.

If he's there, trade the pick, but I highly doubt
-Graham's not the first DE/OLB taken
-he gets past SF (x2), NE, ARZ and GB all teams who need a 3-4 OLB

Ware and Spencer never had the same responsibilities in coverage they do now while they were in college.

The transition has been done before and he was a very highly rated ILB coming out of HS.

Every front 7 player we draft is making a massive transition because they didn't play 3-4 in college and/or they are making a position change.

Pay attention......HE WOULDN'T BE PLAYING ILB IN THE NICKEL.....HE WOULD BE ON THE LINE.

SF might go OLB but their offense is horrendous, they need OL and they were top 5 in sacks last year.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The Realist;3263927 said:
Ware and Spencer never had the same responsibilities in coverage they do now while they were in college.

Far bigger transition. OLBs in a 3-4 have some coverege responsibilities, ILBs take on blockers on running downs and drop into coverege far more than they pass rush on passing downs. Don't see how this point goes unnoticed on you though....

TheRealist;3263927 said:
The transition has been done before and he was a very highly rated ILB coming out of HS.

Every front 7 player we draft is making a massive transition because they didn't play 3-4 in college and/or they are making a position change.

LOL, so do you have film on how he was used in high school? How bout live games? Who knows how often he covered high school athletes, or if he was used as a blitzer.

TheRealist;3263927 said:
Pay attention......HE WOULDN'T BE PLAYING ILB IN THE NICKEL.....HE WOULD BE ON THE LINE.

Dude untwist your panties. Bob Sacremento said Brooking was coming off the field and I was responding to him, not you.

But I hope you really don't think Graham is anywhere ready to play ILB in the base defense. He can contribute as a situational guy here, but not as an ILB (besides he'd have to be the strong side inside line backer)

TheRealist;3263927 said:
SF might go OLB but their offense is horrendous, they need OL and they were top 5 in sacks last year.

They have 2 first round picks and I also forgot about Miami possibly needing a pass rusher.

The Realist

Reaction score
I never said he was ready.

Groom him for a year or two.

He's still an elite pass rusher and he would see 50-60% of the snaps as a nickel pass rusher.

Even if he never develops into an ILB you can never have enough pass rushers and he would see the field a lot.

Get the Bowens and Hatchers off the field on 3rd down.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hostile;3263856 said:
I just can't see it. DE or ILB yeah, but he's no 3-4 DE and I don't see him as an ILB either.
I really like the player, but I agree...where is the fit?

The Realist

Reaction score
DFWJC;3264022 said:
I really like the player, but I agree...where is the fit?

50-60% of the snaps of a game are passing situations.

Brandon Graham is a pass rusher.

Face teams like Philly and NYG who are even more skewed towards pass.

We're #3 vs run.

Teams will abandon run and pass more.

Get to the SB we're going to have to get past teams like Philly, NYG, GB, Minny, NO.........

Screams get after the QB to me.

If anyone can figure out how to use Ware, Spencer, Ratliff, Graham it would be Wade.