Brands I Endorse

kskboys

Reaction score
Wanted to mention one brand...or should I say one part of a brand.
Sam was talking about Guitars earlier.

I have a number of guitars and for the most part I have bought different brands and most are more of a 80's metal type guitars.

Jackson Dinky
BC Rich Warlock - painted the ultimate hair metal style..Zebra Stripes lol
Schecter - not really metal style
Dean - Dime Razorback

There are bits and pieces I like about my different guitars. I would love to have a custom guitar made with different things from my different guitars.

A few things I like.

Either Seymour Duncan JB pickups or EMG 81/85 set
Have always and will always love the Warlock Shape but I would be ok with other styles
The sustain and finish of a Gibson

But above all...A Dean Neck.

I can play all of my guitars and time after time I keep coming back to the comfort of the dean neck on my razorback.
Which is funny because besides looks of it...it is really the only thing about it I like. The guitar shape looks killer but it is a pain as it is so big and sharp that
I am always afraid of breaking a tip. I do not like the dimebucker pickup that comes in it either. So The sound is not really to my liking.

But that neck...it is just the most comfortable guitar neck I have ever played and it is not even close. I have looked at different styles of dean guitars and nothing really does it for me in their Super Strat line.
they have a couple of single cuts gibson les paul styles but they are just not as appealing to me.

But I swear if I could ever afford to have a gibson custom guitar (or any other brand)...I would tell them to couple the neck of the dean guitar. It is just perfect to me.

===

Hand guns

I think I am falling hard for a hand gun I have been wanting for some time now. Either a glock 19 gen5 or a Glock 17 gen5. (9mm)
I finally got to go to a store and examine the 19 and it fit really nice in my hands. I think a 17 would probably feel about the same as they are not much bigger than the 19.

My dad has a glock 22 gen4 (.40) and it is pretty nice but I want the 9mm

I currently have a Ruger P95 (9mm) that the wife got me as a christmas gift a few years ago. It is a nice hand gun but it just does not feel right in my hand. Just does not fit right to me.
I feel as if they make Ruger handguns to be tough and don't pay any attention to weight and balance and feel. I love my Ruger deer rifle, and everyone needs a 10-22, but no one that I know of likes their handguns.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel as if they make Ruger handguns to be tough and don't pay any attention to weight and balance and feel. I love my Ruger deer rifle, and everyone needs a 10-22, but no one that I know of likes their handguns.
Had a .22 pistol and traded it in, made me look like a cool **** but I didn't like it. Got a Colt Trooper .357 Mag "Dirty Harry" piece that will scare the bejeezus out of a burglar. I pull that on one, I'd better have some toilet paper handy for him.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good point, at least with my 9. It's bulky, heavy and just doesn't feel right.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had a .22 pistol and traded it in, made me look like a cool **** but I didn't like it. Got a Colt Trooper .357 Mag "Dirty Harry" piece that will scare the bejeezus out of a burglar. I pull that on one, I'd better have some toilet paper handy for him.

Great weapon for scaring burglars is a pump shot gun.

Hearing that pumping noise is enough to make most people walk away lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great weapon for scaring burglars is a pump shot gun.

Hearing that pumping noise is enough to make most people walk away lol
Yep and a lot easier to get off a second shot if necessary. But what the hell, if I shoot a burglar with a 12 gauge and he keeps coming, I am going to need something I can fire over my shoulder.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A big dog is best.
Unless he's the friendly type, the burglar rubs him behind the ears and gives him a cookie and he gives them the combination to the safe, helps them load the car and leaves a departing note.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unless he's the friendly type, the burglar rubs him behind the ears and gives him a cookie and he gives them the combination to the safe, helps them load the car and leaves a departing note.
As long as the dog barks before the would be intruder enters, it doesn't matter if it's friendly.

That reminds me of a situation, back when I was tortured... I mean married.

ADT Alarms was calling my house at least once a week, trying to sell us an alarm system. We told them no thanks every time, and started telling them to put us on the "no call" list, but they continued every week.
One day, I get home from work, and my wife is practically in tears, because the woman who called got her all freaked out that we were gonna get robbed or worse. I told her to give me the phone next time they call.
3 days later they call again, and she hands me the phone. I said, "Listen, we keep telling you we're not interested, now take us off your ****** list, and stop calling us!"
The woman replies, "Well what if you get robbed?"
I said, "We won't get robbed, we have a big German Shepherd."
Apparently they prepared her for that, because she immediately responded, "What if you have a fire?"
I snapped back, "I'll get a Dalmatian too, now take us off your ****** list!!!"

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as the dog barks before the would be intruder enters, it doesn't matter if it's friendly.

That reminds me of a situation, back when I was tortured... I mean married.

ADT Alarms was calling my house at least once a week, trying to sell us an alarm system. We told them no thanks every time, and started telling them to put us on the "no call" list, but they continued every week.
One day, I get home from work, and my wife is practically in tears, because the woman who called got her all freaked out that we were gonna get robbed or worse. I told her to give me the phone next time they call.
3 days later they call again, and she hands me the phone. I said, "Listen, we keep telling you we're not interested, now take us off your ****** list, and stop calling us!"
The woman replies, "Well what if you get robbed?"
I said, "We won't get robbed, we have a big German Shepherd."
Apparently they prepared her for that, because she immediately responded, "What if you have a fire?"
I snapped back, "I'll get a Dalmatian too, now take us off your ****** list!!!"

LOL @ Dalmatian line.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both of our dogs are terrible guard dogs.
Both are friendly and want to play.
But I honestly don't know how they would do if an actually stranger got in the house.

I have tried to act like a stranger and the one dog growled and raised his hackles for a couple of seconds before he realized it was me.

But we got beware of dogs signs on our fences and they are pits so maybe it would scare some people off.

Actually there was a time a few years ago that there were two homes that did not get robbed in a 8 home radius...Ours and the inlaws up the road. We had our pits and they had a big old english bull dog at the time.

So...maybe it does pay off.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Both of our dogs are terrible guard dogs.
Both are friendly and want to play.
But I honestly don't know how they would do if an actually stranger got in the house.

I have tried to act like a stranger and the one dog growled and raised his hackles for a couple of seconds before he realized it was me.

But we got beware of dogs signs on our fences and they are pits so maybe it would scare some people off.

Actually there was a time a few years ago that there were two homes that did not get robbed in a 8 home radius...Ours and the inlaws up the road. We had our pits and they had a big old english bull dog at the time.

So...maybe it does pay off.
Yep, even criminals know you can't threaten a dog successfully.

GMO415

Reaction score
When I had to put in work....my sidearm was a Berretta 92F and my secondary was a Ruger 380. Some guys like Glocks. I never had an issue with my Barrett'a .

When a gunfight was inevitable... I went with my street howitzer...RRemington's 870. Federal Tac 00 Buck (9 pellets)

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1200px-Whataburger_logo.svg.png

Simply the best tasting fast food burger out there.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
47097008_Alt01

My favorite soft drink. I love the caffeine, and its not as harsh on the throat and stomach as most sodas/diet cokes.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Allen Edmonds is having a anniversary sale. I picked up three pairs of Fifth Avenue Cap-Toe Oxfords - Black,Tan,Oxblood. They arrived today, all three pairs fit like a glove.

If your looking for a nice pair of shoes you might want to take a look. Sale ends April 23rd i think.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
47097008_Alt01

My favorite soft drink. I love the caffeine, and its not as harsh on the throat and stomach as most sodas/diet cokes.

I mostly drink Diet Drinks. I am heavy enough without drinking cans of sugar and I could only imagine if I did drink them it would be diabetes for me.

Most of the diet drinks do not taste as good as the regular product. However there are some other advantages to them. Like Diet Coke does not go flat as fast as a regular coke will. I hate flat drinks.

With that said the only Diet drink I like BETTER than the original is Diet Mountain Dew. regular mountian dew by itself is a tad bland and almost flat...the diet has a little more pop and or carbonated feel and I think it actually tastes better.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Nike Air/Vapor Max line. I am not a runner but I do spend a lot of time walking around or standing around. I buy a lot of shoes so wearing them out is not an issue it is not uncommon for me to get 4-5 years out of 1 pair of shoes before they get rotated to yard work or dirty work shoes. They are comfortable quality a little on the expensive end but I have wore pretty every major manufacturer and all of them have issues especially ones that use a lot of foam between the sole and upper. Nike has some of the best hybrid boots around, I have worn a lot of boots and Nike's Sneaker boot lines have been pretty comfy.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I mostly drink Diet Drinks. I am heavy enough without drinking cans of sugar and I could only imagine if I did drink them it would be diabetes for me.

Most of the diet drinks do not taste as good as the regular product. However there are some other advantages to them. Like Diet Coke does not go flat as fast as a regular coke will. I hate flat drinks.

With that said the only Diet drink I like BETTER than the original is Diet Mountain Dew. regular mountian dew by itself is a tad bland and almost flat...the diet has a little more pop and or carbonated feel and I think it actually tastes better.

I can't stand anything diet. Just not in me. With that being said, the only one I can tolerate is Dr. Pepper 10, not too shabby.

csirl

Reaction score
Some football brands:

Riddell helmets.
Honigs officiating gear.
Gilman goal posts.

Have visited both Riddell factory and Honigs HQ. Have met Mr. Gilman.