Brands I Endorse

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Here’s the worst:
Audi-Logo.png

Reminds me of a joke:
Know the difference between a porcupine and an Audi? With a porcupine the pricks are on the outside.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I officially endorse “Bob’s Big Boy in Burbank”.
Splendid American junk cuisine,if I do say so myself....(banana shake is a God send of rich heavenly junkity goodness at 3:00 am ) And the best part? It doesn’t close,and they let you order any way you like. I order slow and like to pace myself.
http://bobs.net/

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Beefmaster cattle best breed out there
Diamond dog food
Dr Pepper
Peaks sweet tea
Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
Eggs from the chicken coop
Purina Wind and Rain mineral for cattle
Wrangler jeans
Cabellas shoes lifetime warranty and pretty comfortable

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I officially endorse “Bob’s Big Boy in Burbank”.
Splendid American junk cuisine,if I do say so myself....(banana shake is a God send of rich heavenly junkity goodness at 3:00 am ) And the best part? It doesn’t close,and they let you order any way you like. I order slow and like to pace myself.
http://bobs.net/

Man, I haven't seen a Bob's Big Boy is YEARS!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm a Walt Garrison guy too just like the OP and he's so right about the salsa. :)

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Man, I haven't seen a Bob's Big Boy is YEARS!
Yeah,there’s still a few around. It’s independently owned,and the food isn’t your standard “Denny’s” type fare. Eggs,sausage,and French toast has that from your grandmas kitchen aura...if that puts it in context.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm a HUGE Nike homer. Have quite a few Nike shoes, shirts, sweaters, etc. I even have a Nike sign in my garage. haha When the Nike outlet moved here I had a buddy who worked for a sign company. Nike was getting rid of their sign so my buddy called me up and I took it. I turned down the swoosh sign that lights up at the time and I regret that. It was just huge! lol

roughneck266

Reaction score
When you want something of quality, pay for it, but don't just pay for a brand name. If it doesn't require to be quality, don't pay for it. Buy the cheaper brands / models.

For instance. Guitars. If you're new and want to learn to play. Buying a cheaper (but not trash) model is good. (Say a Taylor Big Baby which is in the $400 range) Once you've decide this is a life long hobby. Buy a really good one by a great brand. (Fender American series, or Gibson Standard models, Taylor 300+ series) You will be glad you did. They sound great and play great and as long as you take care of them. They will last the rest of your life.

Now, on the flip side there are items that you can buy that don't need to be the highest brand. For instance, paper shredders. I use an Amazon Basics cross shredder. It's actually an OEM of a higher end brand name model, but because it's Amazon Basics it cost much less. (Most Amazon Basics are OEM of good quality products, at way better prices) Anyhow, I've had it for years and it's went through boxes and boxes of papers using it for hours at a time and it still works perfect. It shreds 20 papers or more at a time with no problem. It's a real workhorse. The ones I had before this one were trash. They would burn out or freeze up trying to shred 10 pieces of paper. Best of all it's a cross shredder (shreds both ways at the same time for better protection)

I've owned many luxury cars, but the only one I've leased back to back was Audi. Soup to nuts, BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover, just do not complete with Audi overall. I usually just stick to the A4 series as I prefer to keep my monthly payments in the $500 range or below.

I used to buy nothing but Samsung TVs, but in 2015. They lowered the quality level of their components for their TVs to save money and it affected the overall quality of their TVs. So, in mid-2015, I purchased a Sony Bravia 4K TV and with the exception of a software issue early on that was fixed pretty quickly. I've been very happy with it and the image is awesome.

My home PCs, I build myself. So you guys can't buy that brand. They are the best :)

Finally, my table top electronics lab equipment (digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and waveform / function generators I usually buy Rigol. Bang for the buck, they are hard to beat. Especially since I'm only a hobbyist. My soldering iron is Hakko. Though Weller are very nice too.
IM a Fluke man but my company buys my stuff, so I dont have to pay for them. I will have to look into Rigol. Weller for sure, it awesome. I haven't used anything else for many years.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I've grown very attached to my Sig Legion P226 in 357 sig. I was always a 1911 guy. I still have probably 30 of them of various shapes, sizes and calibers, but I really like that sig alot.
Recently became a fan of HK. Very good friend gave me a MK23 for Christmas last year, and I have probably put 2K rounds through it. WAAAAY too big for carry purposes and even if you were the mountain of a human being it would take to conceal it, there are very few holsters made for it that I have found.
Glocks are awesome, but ergonomically, they are all or nothing. Either your hand is perfect for them, or they feel like a 2X4 in your hand, nothing in between. I have a 21C and a 17, but the 17 s automatic, so it only gets played with from time to time by my cop buddies, and occasionally me.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
The Under Armour “Steet Encounter” line of shoes are the most comfortable shoe I’ve ever owned and the Rawlings Trap, TB-24 (HOTH, pro model) is the greatest OF glove ever made.....

roughneck266

Reaction score
My wife has a snake collection. Her Python is a 6" nickle. Also has a Diamondback, Anaconda, King Cobra, and a Cobra. There is absolutely no stock trigger in any wheel gun I have ever played with that even comes close to comparing without seeing a very good gunsmith to work it over. I love S&W as well, but they triggers aren't in the same league out of the box. BTW the new colt snake is NOTHING like that one.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
IM a Fluke man but my company buys my stuff, so I dont have to pay for them. I will have to look into Rigol. Weller for sure, it awesome. I haven't used anything else for many years.

I love Fluke stuff too. My Rigol stuff is bench top, though you can certainly use the non-bench Flukes and most people do. In truth, for the DMM, I probably should have just sprung for the Fluke as it would have saved a bit a space on my bench since I could put it in a drawer. Though I'm completely happy with my Rigol bench DMM.

The bench DMM is the Rigol DM5038E. It is a 5 1/2 digit DMM which is easily good enough for my hobby work.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/qMzbksEE-x2ugUl1Xz2HvxrafTwwt5Kfxo6huArBSwos1pK2-tc1jYdCviu3JeN32ndigumDxknKUUIz07TgTUJYKDdc0-4vnplMoULVgs-4Voirn-o74GZ4EafO0hYeZ6XZ7-55du7XLOGqVHHFRg58p9oVtE3YN9EcG9qnwuEy45ZRYjgsfcq_ZAX0_DXRvstD9b9gXS9yveRwabYjmXwdxi5RTiDLw3zlbNfhbtWQRb-pH_jhPmeC6Ep7MAwsHDJiLX55AqOMJkRx-avvNu0CFn8CRhHbBZT6w9TYESV3BZHKrIiw2XKQFgxYl2CBbseSYwFhWq4W-ICrC7uq9SRCuJbG29PQrmZXx_EqhLsoEYAhNSpWppIjDloJDyg4HseTrsSjHXUQ4djWRAns_RxWR6OrWIpkCw5l9SX21MYUDC-5N7UVaJmRb4fTJEoa6xm8XPpu2roYjiieyQxQ5fKy2XoV2AKsy3ae0H5PQo7aCpiKRPnqJ90z4gFcyHBBSpWuL6Xa8XH4cIOTre7BUQKqmixrXlRjV_GsXcl5CLbEfbuW5lqvZ8ytVLjSK3mzXb3N3k_lHa1cyaUGzC1WjJ7rzwaC2_TPb5HMRaynzLK9B5h6KORIFGj-ytcH9hmw18DrKreZPYk0KYFFmKPWMBTPDuccUcdY9A=w1039-h779-no

For my waveform generator, it's the Rigol DG1022-Z series. It is a 25Mhz generator. I actually don't use it very often.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/5Gud1sooLwcVMTwY0p4CvZGAfbQAvBvKuGMOnSZvlbvSZCDJfGGacZCB5zhrBk2_48ui16ECGOA9fFc_sWAKnmMwPD6QcAGh9h083CKiNAb6RJrmbgRlZgi6zLmRdIPyiiGUAUsEiJVAq6CVBK7rb9LDzUiPXpVyYE0RcZwih8RnREJR4Oium7k2uuDTsWBFxA2cPBVeYuU90k2vsZ_hsJ0hZRVxpHeyxzQ-pdjNabEnxsDkRcyC2AQ6Pe9jKAYRW83ciOWZDIG8sr3DJJ84k_JM4FJNTIq8O0AbVRCYJ-D7ueWkoJnJa8lUxexxWlFlfPNYQuMUNfQ1YpOf-B0s-ilX90lkRTd0xnhA_rKlT6hf77zddWOX13qVD-8DY58c6MNrJKUdDusJxVk2vYJnI8tAccBbpR_f0vt6DV10h5Cjz_P6vhx4wGYHFoUj575mrG5YPLxa-UN6soCxydftxstfTVUS6BXK1yzfZQrf1xVrAd5hs9US2lt7IHM1Vuu9IL5qCQ8sPKyx7pi5vd9O6hRCMeaX-n8jCPX-AWleQXHNIMD92tspiEVB4NZmtXhqpt0vXi52otU4pn6_U2JCQLp2ZdyHVP8ZdrsOPyvA6YVK7sLJKwwbYe9pEg68MbJR68cR99Il446HXjD7aIcdoyfMtPgsjf0HDQ=w1039-h779-no

Finally my oscilloscope is the Rigol DS1104-Z 4-channel 100Mhz scope with a 1GSa/sec sample rate. In truth, I could have easily just got the Rigol 1054 2-channel 50Mhz and it would have been plenty and saved some money, but that's water money under the bridge now.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/PoyEKZXGtb2pV_UezW9LmdnRW1WnBOGd-_diUYzIYRuvFWHj8AkivLxAMD2lnDyM0-jephW4nngeIJXsmQyIwcfZ5V7oNJQAusyPOeTjBPNv-WroT-B5PUS1PMFgrbiZXWsBTvn1l28x8aRcbB3iqAj8LAJ8_HOnyrKXp0wC9cVLUC02SR3Ji5qyVnI871ASPeufxJxCzlxhufHCU_8gP7RvynkZCo6FPd8eEI7ZMI5Wyk1opqyPcKZDIz3vB2iC5JVR2DOCqhkACuHncdu9D_9pIPT9IcuKU7Zv9wk2baSoZuGPlmtkPM_2x1ZzEtK22TatPkqilaOTAItZ9YgFPTVeRtVETNRLJ0yi4hGTsVEmutWwwb2sOOEcM6iJfXafIBrf_eaSiTLeCvHDbx1ryVkb0U0rEUBHCNew4GvfIc_UEVvGTsB4uD2N2NPwU8xuoy3oEskxkBRbYsuTSRn8EOPCodq7nbtzsQytSvAcn6L876sZloPgeVXilnYh8c7nBFOyGcm1MeDvfbTB0TdThQVm16yc6JgkkjtJWgvLfUmsYtL5UiTekYTCRMZ61cyiNwGy6cXN25HgQ_DO1KZKgfIll4ASnhYdwDw64yVysXAi8NO7jdnBupEu7OJG6fP2du_KUiPHKh37r2pcii6xMTiG-kOpNrFOow=w1299-h974-no

For Weller and Hakko irons. That's why they are so great. You buy them once and as long as you take care of them, they last forever!

roughneck266

Reaction score
I love Fluke stuff too. My Rigol stuff is bench top, though you can certainly use the non-bench Flukes and most people do. In truth, for the DMM, I probably should have just sprung for the Fluke as it would have saved a bit a space on my bench since I could put it in a drawer. Though I'm completely happy with my Rigol bench DMM.

The bench DMM is the Rigol DM5038E. It is a 5 1/2 digit DMM which is easily good enough for my hobby work.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/qMzbksEE-x2ugUl1Xz2HvxrafTwwt5Kfxo6huArBSwos1pK2-tc1jYdCviu3JeN32ndigumDxknKUUIz07TgTUJYKDdc0-4vnplMoULVgs-4Voirn-o74GZ4EafO0hYeZ6XZ7-55du7XLOGqVHHFRg58p9oVtE3YN9EcG9qnwuEy45ZRYjgsfcq_ZAX0_DXRvstD9b9gXS9yveRwabYjmXwdxi5RTiDLw3zlbNfhbtWQRb-pH_jhPmeC6Ep7MAwsHDJiLX55AqOMJkRx-avvNu0CFn8CRhHbBZT6w9TYESV3BZHKrIiw2XKQFgxYl2CBbseSYwFhWq4W-ICrC7uq9SRCuJbG29PQrmZXx_EqhLsoEYAhNSpWppIjDloJDyg4HseTrsSjHXUQ4djWRAns_RxWR6OrWIpkCw5l9SX21MYUDC-5N7UVaJmRb4fTJEoa6xm8XPpu2roYjiieyQxQ5fKy2XoV2AKsy3ae0H5PQo7aCpiKRPnqJ90z4gFcyHBBSpWuL6Xa8XH4cIOTre7BUQKqmixrXlRjV_GsXcl5CLbEfbuW5lqvZ8ytVLjSK3mzXb3N3k_lHa1cyaUGzC1WjJ7rzwaC2_TPb5HMRaynzLK9B5h6KORIFGj-ytcH9hmw18DrKreZPYk0KYFFmKPWMBTPDuccUcdY9A=w1039-h779-no

For my waveform generator, it's the Rigol DG1022-Z series. It is a 25Mhz generator. I actually don't use it very often.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/5Gud1sooLwcVMTwY0p4CvZGAfbQAvBvKuGMOnSZvlbvSZCDJfGGacZCB5zhrBk2_48ui16ECGOA9fFc_sWAKnmMwPD6QcAGh9h083CKiNAb6RJrmbgRlZgi6zLmRdIPyiiGUAUsEiJVAq6CVBK7rb9LDzUiPXpVyYE0RcZwih8RnREJR4Oium7k2uuDTsWBFxA2cPBVeYuU90k2vsZ_hsJ0hZRVxpHeyxzQ-pdjNabEnxsDkRcyC2AQ6Pe9jKAYRW83ciOWZDIG8sr3DJJ84k_JM4FJNTIq8O0AbVRCYJ-D7ueWkoJnJa8lUxexxWlFlfPNYQuMUNfQ1YpOf-B0s-ilX90lkRTd0xnhA_rKlT6hf77zddWOX13qVD-8DY58c6MNrJKUdDusJxVk2vYJnI8tAccBbpR_f0vt6DV10h5Cjz_P6vhx4wGYHFoUj575mrG5YPLxa-UN6soCxydftxstfTVUS6BXK1yzfZQrf1xVrAd5hs9US2lt7IHM1Vuu9IL5qCQ8sPKyx7pi5vd9O6hRCMeaX-n8jCPX-AWleQXHNIMD92tspiEVB4NZmtXhqpt0vXi52otU4pn6_U2JCQLp2ZdyHVP8ZdrsOPyvA6YVK7sLJKwwbYe9pEg68MbJR68cR99Il446HXjD7aIcdoyfMtPgsjf0HDQ=w1039-h779-no

Finally my oscilloscope is the Rigol DS1104-Z 4-channel 100Mhz scope with a 1GSa/sec sample rate. In truth, I could have easily just got the Rigol 1054 2-channel 50Mhz and it would have been plenty and saved some money, but that's water money under the bridge now.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/PoyEKZXGtb2pV_UezW9LmdnRW1WnBOGd-_diUYzIYRuvFWHj8AkivLxAMD2lnDyM0-jephW4nngeIJXsmQyIwcfZ5V7oNJQAusyPOeTjBPNv-WroT-B5PUS1PMFgrbiZXWsBTvn1l28x8aRcbB3iqAj8LAJ8_HOnyrKXp0wC9cVLUC02SR3Ji5qyVnI871ASPeufxJxCzlxhufHCU_8gP7RvynkZCo6FPd8eEI7ZMI5Wyk1opqyPcKZDIz3vB2iC5JVR2DOCqhkACuHncdu9D_9pIPT9IcuKU7Zv9wk2baSoZuGPlmtkPM_2x1ZzEtK22TatPkqilaOTAItZ9YgFPTVeRtVETNRLJ0yi4hGTsVEmutWwwb2sOOEcM6iJfXafIBrf_eaSiTLeCvHDbx1ryVkb0U0rEUBHCNew4GvfIc_UEVvGTsB4uD2N2NPwU8xuoy3oEskxkBRbYsuTSRn8EOPCodq7nbtzsQytSvAcn6L876sZloPgeVXilnYh8c7nBFOyGcm1MeDvfbTB0TdThQVm16yc6JgkkjtJWgvLfUmsYtL5UiTekYTCRMZ61cyiNwGy6cXN25HgQ_DO1KZKgfIll4ASnhYdwDw64yVysXAi8NO7jdnBupEu7OJG6fP2du_KUiPHKh37r2pcii6xMTiG-kOpNrFOow=w1299-h974-no

For Weller and Hakko irons. That's why they are so great. You buy them once and as long as you take care of them, they last forever!
Most of our bench stuff is Tektronix and B&K. I use a Megger brand OTDR that I love. Best I have ever used. Liked it so much we have a regular TDR from them as well, and it has been flawless as well. Dont get to do much on the bench at work though, almost everything is "field work". It's all on one rig, but well, you can imagine climbing a 200 foot tower just to get the piece, and then having to return it after bringing it down. I am an ETO on my rig, contrary to my user name here. My stuff is literally everywhere on the rig. We have several scope meters that have served us very well for everything from checking encoders while on the equipment, to tracing Profibus issues. That does look to be quality equipment though. I did check some Amazon reviews, and they are stellar as well. I will most likely try some of their stuff out soon. I want to update some of the stuff I have here at home.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Wanted to mention one brand...or should I say one part of a brand.
Sam was talking about Guitars earlier.

I have a number of guitars and for the most part I have bought different brands and most are more of a 80's metal type guitars.

Jackson Dinky
BC Rich Warlock - painted the ultimate hair metal style..Zebra Stripes lol
Schecter - not really metal style
Dean - Dime Razorback

There are bits and pieces I like about my different guitars. I would love to have a custom guitar made with different things from my different guitars.

A few things I like.

Either Seymour Duncan JB pickups or EMG 81/85 set
Have always and will always love the Warlock Shape but I would be ok with other styles
The sustain and finish of a Gibson

But above all...A Dean Neck.

I can play all of my guitars and time after time I keep coming back to the comfort of the dean neck on my razorback.
Which is funny because besides looks of it...it is really the only thing about it I like. The guitar shape looks killer but it is a pain as it is so big and sharp that
I am always afraid of breaking a tip. I do not like the dimebucker pickup that comes in it either. So The sound is not really to my liking.

But that neck...it is just the most comfortable guitar neck I have ever played and it is not even close. I have looked at different styles of dean guitars and nothing really does it for me in their Super Strat line.
they have a couple of single cuts gibson les paul styles but they are just not as appealing to me.

But I swear if I could ever afford to have a gibson custom guitar (or any other brand)...I would tell them to couple the neck of the dean guitar. It is just perfect to me.

===

Hand guns

I think I am falling hard for a hand gun I have been wanting for some time now. Either a glock 19 gen5 or a Glock 17 gen5. (9mm)
I finally got to go to a store and examine the 19 and it fit really nice in my hands. I think a 17 would probably feel about the same as they are not much bigger than the 19.

My dad has a glock 22 gen4 (.40) and it is pretty nice but I want the 9mm

I currently have a Ruger P95 (9mm) that the wife got me as a christmas gift a few years ago. It is a nice hand gun but it just does not feel right in my hand. Just does not fit right to me.
First thing that came to my mind after seeing this thread was BROWNING firearms,,,& I agree about the fit & feel of the RUGER semi-Auto 'P' series, I had 5 .45 autos at one time & that P-345 was the first to get floated down river,,,, I'd go with the Glock 17 if it was me HUNKA-HUNKA! just cuz' the original design specs have proven to be of superlative form& function,,, Man, I was red hot for one when Glock introduced that mod #31 long slide in the .357 SIG cartridge,I'd even went to a shooting range ( in California of all placeso_O)& rented one, put one hundred rounds thru it kinda cooled my heels as reloading the ammo was the only way I was going to roll with that gal,,,& long story short, the attrition rate of reloading that bottleneck cartridge is pretty high & with already having 5 gal buckets of the 45acp casing-liners I stopped pursuing that GLOCK option.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
My wife has a snake collection. Her Python is a 6" nickle. Also has a Diamondback, Anaconda, King Cobra, and a Cobra. There is absolutely no stock trigger in any wheel gun I have ever played with that even comes close to comparing without seeing a very good gunsmith to work it over. I love S&W as well, but they triggers aren't in the same league out of the box. BTW the new colt snake is NOTHING like that one.
:lmao: you are 100% spot on in the Colt's stock trigger actions,,,man! I've gotten into knockdown drag out drunken brawls with idiot kentuckians over the COLT VS. S&W feud,,,:lmao:
( ya,I know,,,but If you can't say anything nice,I'd appreciate it if you'd just kept it to yourself:thumbup:)

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
You people with guns make me nervous :laugh:. I was in Texas first/only time last year for the season opener. I seen people walking around strapped it felt like i was in a different country or something. What i found strange was so many people with guns on them but almost everyone was very friendly. In NYC no one is walking strapped and no one is friendly. Strange. :lmao2:

roughneck266

Reaction score
:lmao: you are 100% spot on in the Colt's stock trigger actions,,,man! I've gotten into knockdown drag out drunken brawls with idiot kentuckians over the COLT VS. S&W feud,,,:lmao:
( ya,I know,,,but If you can't say anything nice,I'd appreciate it if you'd just kept it to yourself:thumbup:)
I been there. Thing is, that is kind of why they went out of production. The cost associated with having such a nice trigger, was prohibitive. Even with all the 5 axis machinery out there these days, I dont think you could replicate what those smiths were able to do.