Twitter: Breakdown of the incompletion to Cee Dee in end zone

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

no space in ceedee whoops

What I love from any quarterback is throwing with timing. Prescott is pulling the trigger when Lamb is on the seven yard line!

Dangerous throw? Heck yeah but throwing with timing reduces the time for the defender to read the quarterback's eyes during short-to-intermediate passing situations. It increases the opportunity of the ball getting to the target before the defender can confidently get his hands in the path of the ball.

A throw must be on target and Prescott's pass was in this instance. I do not lessen my criticism of receivers--any receivers from high school up--not catching catchable passes. While my opinion shall never change that Lamb is a top five wide NFL receiver, he flat out missed catching the touchdown throw.

You cannot drop or mishandle a pass that hits you in the hands as an amateur receiver. You better never drop a pass that you get both hands on as a professional receiver. The defender's hand did travel across Lamb's face. It is not a justifiable excuse. I am certain Lamb will cut down the number of times he does not catch similar passes in his future.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
off topic - I didn't see this originally, was Gallup gonna catch the TD before Turpin went up and got it?

That's how I saw it. Gallup was initially open and put his hand up because the CB fell down, but Dak didn't see him. When Dak came back to that side, Gallup was breaking up. The CB again falls as Dak releases the ball. Turpin goes up for the grab, but the pass was right on target for Gallup.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
That was a hell of a throw.

I haven’t seen Prescott throw the ball like this ever in his entire career. He is throwing lasers, putting the ball exactly where it needs to be.

That was 1 of 2 bad drops for Lamb. That 4th down ball hit him right in the hands, too.

Gambit

Reaction score
What I love from any quarterback is throwing with timing. Prescott is pulling the trigger when Lamb is on the seven yard line!

Dangerous throw? Heck yeah but throwing with timing reduces the time for the defender to read the quarterback's eyes during short-to-intermediate passing situations. It increases the opportunity of the ball getting to the target before the defender can confidently get his hands in the path of the ball.

A throw must be on target and Prescott's pass was in this instance. I do not lessen my criticism of receivers--any receivers from high school up--not catching catchable passes. While my opinion shall never change that Lamb is a top five wide NFL receiver, he flat out missed catching the touchdown throw.

You cannot drop or mishandle a pass that hits you in the hands as an amateur receiver. You better never drop a pass that you get both hands on as a professional receiver. The defender's hand did travel across Lamb's face. It is not a justifiable excuse. I am certain Lamb will cut down the number of times he does not catch similar passes in his future.
Lamb has said he lost concentration but also said he wouldn't do that again

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
That was a hell of a throw.

I haven’t seen Prescott throw the ball like this ever in his entire career. He is throwing lasers, putting the ball exactly where it needs to be.

That was 1 of 2 bad drops for Lamb. That 4th down ball hit him right in the hands, too.
The west coast offense and its inherent timing is a really, really good fit for Dak. His footwork is 100 times better than ever before.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It would probably help the Cowboys in the long run if DC Comics and the misfits of Jersey got it together and offered more competition in division . 4 Jelly donuts a yr empty calories , doesn’t help Dallas when they play outside the Amtrak derailment .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The west coast offense and its inherent timing is a really, really good fit for Dak. His footwork is 100 times better than ever before.
One thing I have noticed is that Prescott has essentially eliminated pushing off the wrong foot scrambling left or right when passing on the run. It has really helped him making on target/on the move throws.