Twitter: Breakdown of the incompletion to Cee Dee in end zone

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Gallup was wide open early as his defender slipped!
he was, but I watched replay and at that moment, Dak was looking to the right, by the time he turned to look left, defender had gotten up. wish he would have started looking left first. but that was the play design and read

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So Dak is playing at an all-time level? No, I said "Great, franchise QBs..."...raise your bar a level beyond the mediocrity you've fallen in love with. I'm talking about systematically running the offense and not going into a shell in big games. No deer in headlights or throwing to the other team.

No "lie" at all.
you are all over the place my brother.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I didn't like this decision to throw that pass at all. It just wasn't smart. It was the right pre-snap read because the safeties were in two deep but the execution didn't bring the player open in front or in between them. Also it looks like the throw was a drop behind CeeDee and he adjusted which is why it hit his hands and not the defenders, because he had a defender leading him and trailing him while crossing. Just because it was a good throw doesn't mean it was a smart throw. I also didn't like how CeeDee and Cooks patterns brought the "other" safety into play whichever you throw too. The safeties weren't really too wide and it was obvious to both of them everything was crossing inside of them which also brought them into the middle which left no big open seam that we sometimes see in two deep.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
All you haters hate me. I consider it a badge of honor. There are consequences for your constant hate.
Nobody hates like you.

Do tell how asking what down a play was is hateful in anyway?

blueblood70

Reaction score
What I love from any quarterback is throwing with timing. Prescott is pulling the trigger when Lamb is on the seven yard line!

Dangerous throw? Heck yeah but throwing with timing reduces the time for the defender to read the quarterback's eyes during short-to-intermediate passing situations. It increases the opportunity of the ball getting to the target before the defender can confidently get his hands in the path of the ball.

A throw must be on target and Prescott's pass was in this instance. I do not lessen my criticism of receivers--any receivers from high school up--not catching catchable passes. While my opinion shall never change that Lamb is a top five wide NFL receiver, he flat out missed catching the touchdown throw.

You cannot drop or mishandle a pass that hits you in the hands as an amateur receiver. You better never drop a pass that you get both hands on as a professional receiver. The defender's hand did travel across Lamb's face. It is not a justifiable excuse. I am certain Lamb will cut down the number of times he does not catch similar passes in his future.
Yeah the ball got on him so fast I don't think he thought it was getting through but you are correct no excuses for not catching it except you're not perfect but the 4th and two bothered me more because now everyone's questioning Mike McCarthy when really it was a great decision great play call great execution by everybody except for lamb I mean hit him right in the hands and he was looking to run and he dropped it so yeah he had a couple drops but if I know lamb like I do he's one of those guys when he has a off game in some ways for him like those drops he's gonna be hyper focused the next game it will be Philly that will be a good thing..

But yes it was super impressive the timing and the release by Prescott really this last seven weeks but it proves in that game I mean these guys need to be alert that these balls might be coming even if they're double covered they need to get their head around and their hands up...

TwentyOne

Reaction score

no space in ceedee whoops

Bad QBs have to make dangerous throws into tight spots because its the only read they are able to do. But get applauded by Twitter/X mediots who would sleep under the bridge without asocial media. Which crap then gets posted on forums to kill the last hope for an intelligent conversation.

Good QBs are able to find the soft spot in the defense.
Great ones like Montana find the wide open WR for an easy catch.

CWR

Reaction score
Bad QBs have to make dangerous throws into tight spots because its the only read they are able to do. But get applauded by Twitter/X mediots who would sleep under the bridge without asocial media. Which crap then gets posted on forums to kill the last hope for an intelligent conversation.

Really disingenuous point considering Dak has 26tds and 6 pics this year.

Yet you want to talk about intelligent conversation.

Hottest qb in the league for the last 5 or 6 games. Suck on it, all you haters can suck on how wrong you are. This is a Cowboys board. When our players are dominant we applaud them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I didn't like this decision to throw that pass at all. It just wasn't smart. It was the right pre-snap read because the safeties were in two deep but the execution didn't bring the player open in front or in between them. Also it looks like the throw was a drop behind CeeDee and he adjusted which is why it hit his hands and not the defenders, because he had a defender leading him and trailing him while crossing. Just because it was a good throw doesn't mean it was a smart throw. I also didn't like how CeeDee and Cooks patterns brought the "other" safety into play whichever you throw too. The safeties weren't really too wide and it was obvious to both of them everything was crossing inside of them which also brought them into the middle which left no big open seam that we sometimes see in two deep.
its trusting his player and he threw it exactly where his WR could catch it. the momentum of the defender took him the otherway. it was a risky throw, but he read the play correctly. if you watched the play you could see the play develop earlier, neither defender was tight to CD. he threw the ball to a spot he expected CD to be, because the ball was thrown before CD made the cut. it was thrown to a spot that defender would have a very tough time intercepting it and worse case scenario would have been the ball deflected. the thing to remember is Dak and CD knew the route, defenders didn't.

I don't get it, some complain that Dak isn't accurate and he dinks and dunks and plays it safe. when he plays aggressive, everyone says I don't like the play....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

what? I don't understand your point. so good QBs never throw into tight spots? they never make dangerous throws.

and if you actually watched football, if you actually observed the plays even in your limited access to internet, you could clearly see Dak surveying the field on most pass plays.

and its funny, people like you complain that he can't throw to tight windows. when he does you say because he made the throw he is a bad QB. you say, he dinks and dunks and plays it safe. when he takes chances, you call him a bad QB. its a lose-lose situation for Dak, because no matter what he does you are going to find some fault in it. the FACTS are that the ball was exactly where it was supposed to be. when right in between the WRs hands. you can't deny that. which means the play design was good. the throw was good. just the final execution of actually grabbing the ball failed.

but your hatred, anger and you Bash Dak at all costs are blinding you. you can't see. get over your anger. get over your hate. enjoy life.

Jarntt

Reaction score
its trusting his player and he threw it exactly where his WR could catch it. the momentum of the defender took him the otherway. it was a risky throw, but he read the play correctly. if you watched the play you could see the play develop earlier, neither defender was tight to CD. he threw the ball to a spot he expected CD to be, because the ball was thrown before CD made the cut. it was thrown to a spot that defender would have a very tough time intercepting it and worse case scenario would have been the ball deflected. the thing to remember is Dak and CD knew the route, defenders didn't.

I don't get it, some complain that Dak isn't accurate and he dinks and dunks and plays it safe. when he plays aggressive, everyone says I don't like the play....
Totally disagree. You don't get it because you don't want to get it. If you get upset by someone pointing out an obvious poor decision and can't admit he shouldn't have thrown that pass, it just means you are not objective on the topic.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Par for the course

Dallas has dropped, off the top of my head, 5 TD passes.

Hendershot, Schoonmaker, Gallup, CD, TP20

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Totally disagree. You don't get it because you don't want to get it. If you get upset by someone pointing out an obvious poor decision and can't admit he shouldn't have thrown that pass, it just means you are not objective on the topic.
no, you don't get it. you just are complaining. it wasn't a poor decision as it wasn't even close for the defender. the play worked as designed. if CD would just clasp his hands a 1/10th of a second earlier, that was a touch down.

you are one of those who complained Dak is dinking and dunking and throwing short passes and that the coaches don't trust him. well, coaches trust him now and you complain that was a bad throw, so he is a bad QB.

the facts are. the play was there. neither defender came close to the ball. CD should have had the TD. you just are so angry, hateful and your brain full of Bash Dak at all cost, that you just can't see straight.

Jarntt

Reaction score
no, you don't get it. you just are complaining. it wasn't a poor decision as it wasn't even close for the defender. the play worked as designed. if CD would just clasp his hands a 1/10th of a second earlier, that was a touch down.

you are one of those who complained Dak is dinking and dunking and throwing short passes and that the coaches don't trust him. well, coaches trust him now and you complain that was a bad throw, so he is a bad QB.

the facts are. the play was there. neither defender came close to the ball. CD should have had the TD. you just are so angry, hateful and your brain full of Bash Dak at all cost, that you just can't see straight.
Seriously? First off you are just full of crap and just making stuff up. Why don't you point out where I have said anything like that? Lying doesn't strengthen your argument it exposes it's weaknesses and your lack of character. You are the worst kind of message board fan. When you get upset that "your guy" is slighted in any way it must be that the other person hates him. Every QB makes poor decisions every game. It's just that most fans can admit it and don't feel the need to attack even the smallest perceived slight as biased. Heck, I bet Dak even admits it.

Watch the play. The throw was behind CeeDee and he slowed for it which was likely why he didn't catch it even though it hit his hands. That was not planned and was not likely on purpose on a deep cross. There was a defender in front of him and behind him. It was a poor decision. You obviously have no objectivity on the topic. Just the worst kind of message board fan

TwentyOne

Reaction score
what? I don't understand your point. so good QBs never throw into tight spots? they never make dangerous throws.

and if you actually watched football, if you actually observed the plays even in your limited access to internet, ...
I stopped reading there. I seriously dont need to be insulted. And especially not by somebody who clearly didnt follow the conversation.

If you want to have a conversation learn how to read and try to understand arguments. Then learn how to agree or disagree on a educational level. Come back and we can talk again.