Twitter: Breakdown of the incompletion to Cee Dee in end zone

Beaker42

Reaction score
That's how I saw it. Gallup was initially open and put his hand up because the CB fell down, but Dak didn't see him. When Dak came back to that side, Gallup was breaking up. The CB again falls as Dak releases the ball. Turpin goes up for the grab, but the pass was right on target for Gallup.
Dak’s first read wasn’t Gallup or it would’ve been a TD.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dak’s first read wasn’t Gallup or it would’ve been a TD.
You are probably right. I don't remember where he looked first, but based on how this season is going, his initial read was probably Lamb, followed by either Cooks or Ferguson. I assumed that he looked at Gallup before the CB fell, but he probably had not gotten to that read yet.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lamb let it go through his hands but his drop on the 4th down play after Bland’s pick almost lost the game for us. He drops way too many balls for a 1.
How many drops should a No. 1 receiver have?

Based on pro-footballreference.com, Lamb has three drops this year. Tyreek Hill, who is leading the NFL in receiving, has nine. Stefon Diggs has six, Keenan Allen five. Among the top 10 leaders in receptions, only one has fewer drops than Lamb, that's Michael Pittman Jr., who also has 14 fewer catches.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Could care less what your question was. You’re a 100% hater.
Well, that's just a completely stupid response.

In fact, it's downright trollish.

Don't quote people if you don't care what they say.

Some of you are extremely rude and get your panties in a wad over nothing.

But it is you, the most asinine, absurd, hypocritical, and HATEFUL poster the site has ever seen.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well, that's just a completely stupid response.

In fact, it's downright trollish.

Don't quote people if you don't care what they say.

Some of you are extremely rude and get your panties in a wad over nothing.

But it is you, the most asinine, absurd, hypocritical, and HATEFUL poster the site has ever seen.
All you haters hate me. I consider it a badge of honor. There are consequences for your constant hate.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Dak as they say is in The Zone. Can only keep our fingers crossed that it continues once the playoffs start.
The problem is that this is a "zone". Kirk Cousins, Eli Mannings, Joe Flaccos...all get in "zones". Great franchise QBs just perform this way on most Sundays. Which one is Dak?

Even he talks about like it's a temporary thing. I'm hopeful...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I believe, that when MM took over essentially the play calling and QB coordination, he trained Dak to trust himself, his accuracy and his arm strength. I believe they practice timing passes, and letting it go. How else is he doing this in year 7?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How many drops should a No. 1 receiver have?

Based on pro-footballreference.com, Lamb has three drops this year. Tyreek Hill, who is leading the NFL in receiving, has nine. Stefon Diggs has six, Keenan Allen five. Among the top 10 leaders in receptions, only one has fewer drops than Lamb, that's Michael Pittman Jr., who also has 14 fewer catches.
I will thank you not to be bringing any of those pesky facts into an emotional argument.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lamb let it go through his hands but his drop on the 4th down play after Bland’s pick almost lost the game for us. He drops way too many balls for a 1.
He’s a top 2 WR in the league right now.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The problem is that this is a "zone". Kirk Cousins, Eli Mannings, Joe Flaccos...all get in "zones". Great franchise QBs just perform this way on most Sundays. Which one is Dak?

Even he talks about like it's a temporary thing. I'm hopeful...
This is a lie. Even some of the best qbs in the league don’t perform to this high of a level every single Sunday. Not even on “most” Sundays. Dak is playing like an MVP for 2 months at this point. Stop the hyperbolic exaggerations

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
This is a lie. Even some of the best qbs in the league don’t perform to this high of a level every single Sunday. Not even on “most” Sundays. Dak is playing like an MVP for 2 months at this point. Stop the hyperbolic exaggerations
So Dak is playing at an all-time level? No, I said "Great, franchise QBs..."...raise your bar a level beyond the mediocrity you've fallen in love with. I'm talking about systematically running the offense and not going into a shell in big games. No deer in headlights or throwing to the other team.

No "lie" at all.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So Dak is playing at an all-time level? No, I said "Great, franchise QBs..."...raise your bar a level beyond the mediocrity you've fallen in love with. I'm talking about systematically running the offense and not going into a shell in big games. No deer in headlights or throwing to the other team.

No "lie" at all.
Completely different argument than your first post. You’re all over the place

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
That was a confidence throw by Dak and I love it. It's the kind of throw our last QB would throw at any time. No comparisons please, but noting that I love a QB who believes he can make any throw.

Love the confidence I am seeing in Dak. I've been leaning to one side of the fence or the other for too many years.

And, did anyone watch 77 on both plays? Has turned into one of my all time fav Cowboys.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I believe, that when MM took over essentially the play calling and QB coordination, he trained Dak to trust himself, his accuracy and his arm strength. I believe they practice timing passes, and letting it go. How else is he doing this in year 7?
I think it's also having trust in the receivers, trusting that they're going to be where they're supposed to be and trust they can make the catch. You have to trust the receiver is going to be there or it's a really ugly INT, at the wrong time and in the RZ.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I remember saying to myself "wow this was spot on" when they played the slomo. I still think Dak shouldn't have tried that throw but he was accurate as hell right there.

He's on a roll right now (and just clicking with CD) and he knows it. That's where this throw came from. Me likes. I just hope he can contain the hero stuff against the Eagles a little bit. Ride that wave without getting too cocky.

Last edited: