Twitter: Breakdown of the incompletion to Cee Dee in end zone

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Seriously? First off you are just full of crap and just making stuff up. Why don't you point out where I have said anything like that? Lying doesn't strengthen your argument it exposes it's weaknesses and your lack of character. You are the worst kind of message board fan. When you get upset that "your guy" is slighted in any way it must be that the other person hates him. Every QB makes poor decisions every game. It's just that most fans can admit it and don't feel the need to attack even the smallest perceived slight as biased. Heck, I bet Dak even admits it.

Watch the play. The throw was behind CeeDee and he slowed for it which was likely why he didn't catch it even though it hit his hands. That was not planned and was not likely on purpose on a deep cross. There was a defender in front of him and behind him. It was a poor decision. You obviously have no objectivity on the topic. Just the worst kind of message board fan
the throw went right through his hands, but now its behind him. this was planned. the throw was made. CD did turn towards the ball. he did try to grab it. his hands were up there, he barely missed the catch. but people will make up anything, assume anything, imagine anything.

may I say the same thing, as you have shown zero objectivity in any of this. ever.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I stopped reading there. I seriously dont need to be insulted. And especially not by somebody who clearly didnt follow the conversation.

If you want to have a conversation learn how to read and try to understand arguments. Then learn how to agree or disagree on a educational level. Come back and we can talk again.
yeah, called you out, so you figured out that you can't just throw BS around and not get called on it.

I swear. some people.

Jarntt

Reaction score
the throw went right through his hands, but now its behind him. this was planned. the throw was made. CD did turn towards the ball. he did try to grab it. his hands were up there, he barely missed the catch. but people will make up anything, assume anything, imagine anything.

may I say the same thing, as you have shown zero objectivity in any of this. ever.
You are making stuff up still. Show me where I have an agenda against Dak. Liar
Of course it was behind him. He stopped running. But, that isn't even my point. My point was it was a bad decision, not that it was a bad throw.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are making stuff up still. Show me where I have an agenda against Dak. Liar
Of course it was behind him. He stopped running. But, that isn't even my point. My point was it was a bad decision, not that it was a bad throw.
that ball was placed perfectly, as it was thrown with anticipation. part of anticipation is your Player, your teammate is going to be where they need to be. The ball was thrown before Lamb made his cut. there were two defenders in the area, one lagging behind by 2-3 yards (this is as much as you get in NFL, vs. college). the other defender in front, but turned late as he was chasing CD and not knowing what he was going to do and when he turned his momentum carried him away, as he didn't know when Lamb was going to stop and turn towards the QB. he easily floated out of the picture (see the video). the ball was thrown to a spot. away from the defender in the front, where lamb was the only player who could make a play on the ball. Aikman and Irving perfected this type of play back in the 90s. it was their bread and butter.

this type of play may make you and a few like you uncomfortable because you want a player to be in a spot, open before a throw is made, vs. throwing with anticipation expecting your player to be where he needs to be. Anticipation is generally speaking throwing to a spot, before players have made their cut and it more of a timing based route.
CD did it perfectly, outside of just not catching the ball. similar plays are run for other WRs, ala Gallup, but he doesn't do as good a job. in fact in Seattle game there were several plays of throwing with anticipation, but most people missed it. Including one to gallup where he couldn't make the play and defender knocked the ball.

it was not a bad decision. good QBs make these type of plays all the time. like I said, Aikman and Irvin did it all the time in the 90s. not sure how old you are, but perhaps go watch some of those games. Purdy and SF do this a lot in their downfield attack. watch Brady's old games. he was great at it. if you think this was wrong and a bad decision, then every anticipation throw is a bad decision.

now, I am sure you are dug in, as you seem offended and you will argue back that you will not change your mind. that I am clueless, blah blah blah. as opposed to try and gain an understanding of nuances of NFL football.

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
that ball was placed perfectly, as it was thrown with anticipation. part of anticipation is your Player, your teammate is going to be where they need to be. The ball was thrown before Lamb made his cut. there were two defenders in the area, one lagging behind by 2-3 yards (this is as much as you get in NFL, vs. college). the other defender in front, but turned late as he was chasing CD and not knowing what he was going to do and when he turned his momentum carried him away, as he didn't know when Lamb was going to stop and turn towards the QB. he easily floated out of the picture (see the video). the ball was thrown to a spot. away from the defender in the front, where lamb was the only player who could make a play on the ball. Aikman and Irving perfected this type of play back in the 90s. it was their bread and butter.

this type of play may make you and a few like you uncomfortable because you want a player to be in a spot, open before a throw is made, vs. throwing with anticipation expecting your player to be where he needs to be. Anticipation is generally speaking throwing to a spot, before players have made their cut and it more of a timing based route.
CD did it perfectly, outside of just not catching the ball. similar plays are run for other WRs, ala Gallup, but he doesn't do as good a job. in fact in Seattle game there were several plays of throwing with anticipation, but most people missed it. Including one to gallup where he couldn't make the play and defender knocked the ball.

it was not a bad decision. good QBs make these type of plays all the time. like I said, Aikman and Irvin did it all the time in the 90s. not sure how old you are, but perhaps go watch some of those games. Purdy and SF do this a lot in their downfield attack. watch Brady's old games. he was great at it. if you think this was wrong and a bad decision, then every anticipation throw is a bad decision.

now, I am sure you are dug in, as you seem offended and you will argue back that you will not change your mind. that I am clueless, blah blah blah. as opposed to try and gain an understanding of nuances of NFL football.
You are exhausting. I'll simply stick with if you think he purposely threw it behind him you are off base. It's not a back shoulder sideline go route. It was a crossing pattern luckily not intercepted and thrown behind the WR with a defender crossing right in front and right behind him

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
Whatever you think you did.
He has an agenda and can't stray from it and there is no reasoning with agenda. The fans that give other fans a bad name are the ones than can never admit to anything negative about "their guys". See any "Dak is the greatest" or "Dak is the worst thread" for proof. I'm a Dak fan, but I can admit when he does something he shouldn't like throwing that pass. I can't even believe this is a discussion. He should not have thrown that pass and we were lucky it wasn't intercepted

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are exhausting. I'll simply stick with if you think he purposely threw it behind him you are off base. It's not a back shoulder sideline go route. It was a crossing pattern luckily not intercepted and thrown behind the WR with a defender crossing right in front and right behind him
like I said, you will not admit you are wrong. you are dug in.
I didn't say he threw it behind him. I said he threw it to a spot, since the throw was made before CD made his cut. he anticipated CD to be in that spot. its a timing play.
there is a huge difference between what I said, and what you just said. tells me you don't really understand NFL offenses.

p.s. that was not a crossing pattern. another indication you don't know NFL football

the play design was fantastic. three of the WRs are running shallow routes, all of who would have not made the first down, since two of the routes were crossing routes (see the differene?). the other WR running a deeper route across, was there to freeze the saftey so he wouldn't come towards CD. the CB is trailing early in CDs route and Dak saw that and knew he had the play. so did CD.

you are just scared of anticipated throws. but that's it. that its an anticipated throw. like I said, Brady did it with Gronk many times. Aikman did it with Irvin many times. Purdy has been doing some of it this year (and yes in the middle of the field, even against the cowboys in our game earlier). it happens in the NFL, ALL THE TIME.

you picked a single play and harping on it incessantly.

like I said, you need better understanding of NFL football offenses. you clearly lack there.

done.

Jarntt

Reaction score
like I said, you will not admit you are wrong. you are dug in.
I didn't say he threw it behind him. I said he threw it to a spot, since the throw was made before CD made his cut. he anticipated CD to be in that spot. its a timing play.
there is a huge difference between what I said, and what you just said. tells me you don't really understand NFL offenses.

p.s. that was not a crossing pattern. another indication you don't know NFL football

the play design was fantastic. three of the WRs are running shallow routes, all of who would have not made the first down, since two of the routes were crossing routes (see the differene?). the other WR running a deeper route across, was there to freeze the saftey so he wouldn't come towards CD. the CB is trailing early in CDs route and Dak saw that and knew he had the play. so did CD.

you are just scared of anticipated throws. but that's it. that its an anticipated throw. like I said, Brady did it with Gronk many times. Aikman did it with Irvin many times. Purdy has been doing some of it this year (and yes in the middle of the field, even against the cowboys in our game earlier). it happens in the NFL, ALL THE TIME.

you picked a single play and harping on it incessantly.

like I said, you need better understanding of NFL football offenses. you clearly lack there.

done.
Oh FFS. What are you even talking about? You write like a person with marbles in their mouth talks. There is so much wrong there I don’t even know what to address. It was a bad decision to throw it. literally everyone knows this. It’s not a big deal because all QBs do it. If you can’t admit he shouldn't have thrown it you clearly just can’t be honest or you have no idea about football or your protect Dak at all costs agenda is in hyper drive. My guess is it’s all 3

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh FFS. What are you even talking about? You write like a person with marbles in their mouth talks. There is so much wrong there I don’t even know what to address. It was a bad decision to throw it. literally everyone knows this. It’s not a big deal because all QBs do it. If you can’t admit he shouldn't have thrown it you clearly just can’t be honest or you have no idea about football or your protect Dak at all costs agenda is in hyper drive. My guess is it’s all 3
sorry, I can't help you any longer. its going to take a big team to try to fix you, and I just don't have the patience.

good luck in your future endeavors. what ever they may be.