Breaking and Bad News: Man Arrested On Steroids Claims Cowboys Connection

fan62

Reaction score
Guys this is not good and I hate to post it. This report says Cowboys are involved, but the newscasts say the Falcons are involved also.

LINK!

Smith22

Reaction score
Man Arrested On Steroids Claims Cowboys Connection

Team Denies Any Involvement With Personal Trainer Set To Plead Guilty

Jack Fink
Reporting
(CBS 11 News) DALLAS A North Texas personal trainer, who claims to have offered guidance to Dallas Cowboy football players, plans to plead guilty Tuesday in connection with a federal charge involving steroids.

The personal trainer from Plano won't identify any players from the Cowboys or any other team.

The case is part of what the Department of Justice calls "Operation Raw Deal." It's the largest ever federal crackdown on steroids.

According to court records, David Jacobs is accused of conspiracy to possess anabolic steroids with the intent to distribute them from his east Plano house from October 2005 through last spring. That's when Plano police narcotics officers and an FDA investigator sized tens of thousands of units of anabolic steroids.

Officers also found pills and powder and seized semi-automatic rifles from the house. Experts said all of the raw materials used to manufacture steroids came from China.

Records show Tuesday he will go before a federal judge and admit to the crime.

"I am comfortable in saying, 'Yes. I'm pleading guilty to the manufacturing and distribution of anabolic steroids,' and I've agreed to take that plea agreement," said Jacobs.

As part of Jacobs' guilty plea, he's agreed to tell federal prosecutors in the eastern district of Texas what he knows. Prosecutors aren't commenting on the case because of the on-going investigation.

Jacobs also owns a supplement shop in North Dallas. The store has not been under investigation.

On the store's Web site, Jacobs states he "offers guidance to many top athletes across the U.S." He also states the athletes play for the Dallas Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons.

"I wouldn't be able to discuss who I've been working with in the NFL," said Jacobs.

He also wouldn't state what he did for the players. "Considering the legalities behind it, I wouldn't be comfortable," said Jacobs. "Obviously that's one of the reasons why I'm here and pleading guilty."

Jacobs said there is an issue with professional players using steroids, but would not comment further on the matter.

The Cowboys spokesperson said Jacobs has never worked for the Cowboys, that he's never heard of Jacobs and has no knowledge of the charges Jacobs faces.

The spokesperson also said the team has its own strength and conditioning coach so players can follow an organized conditioning program.

A spokesman for the Atlanta Falcons said Jacobs never worked for his team and that he never heard of him.

Two others accused in the conspiracy with Jacobs pleaded guilty last week. Matt Williams and Amber Jarrell declined to comment on their cases.

Jacobs said the arrest ruined his chances of becoming a professional body-builder. He added that he just wants to move on with his life.

Court records indicate no professional sports players have been charged in the case and the investigation is on-going.

(© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

SaMaD_KhARoME

Benched
Reaction score
istockphoto_288903_oh_my_god.jpg]

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
doesn't suprise me one bit. hopefully jerry can make sure he doesn't say anymore

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
fan62;1762812 said:
Guys this is not good and I hate to post it. This report says Cowboys are involved, but the newscasts say the Falcons are involved also.

LINK!

I watched that on the news tonight and rich dalrymple said no one in the organization had ever heard of this guy and that he has absolutely nothing to do with the team or the players. the falcons said the same.

I dont put any stock in it until there are convictions or someone tests positive, but from the way the news put it the guy was trying to make a business for himself of the teams names.

Norm Hitzges head is going to explode tomorrow morning talking about this. The sad thing is the national media will have it by tomorrow morning and our team having a great season will get tainted by it and we will be called cheaters and steroid users.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
unless he can prove anything (i.e. documentation) it's his word against the cowboys' organization

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that there are no Cowboys using steroids is a rube. Of course that could be said about every team in the NFL.

I don't think people realize how big of a joke the testing policy is.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Let's hope and pray that this guy is just a shill looking to get a lighter sentence, and it's all BS. We all know how the media will run with this, as they did with the Erik Williams-Michael Irvin rape allegations.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If anyone had tested positive they would have been suspended. If anyone was involved with this guy, hopefully they are smart enough to quit whatever they are doing and get clean as soon as possible. I'll start worrying when actual names start surfacing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
So his website states that he worked with players that played for the Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, that sounds legit.

Hey, wanna buy some steroids? I'll put your name on my website!

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
theebs;1762832 said:
Why? What would make you single him out?
lol I don't know. It was the first name that came to mind when I read steroids.

Hopefully this is BS though.

landryscorner

Reaction score
thank you for warning us im avoiding nfl network and espn all week until this clears, I don't need more turmoil in my sportslife

Big Dakota

Reaction score
That's why some of the more vocal Patriot bashers here should be very careful, becasue it may bite you in the arse. One thing i've learned in my 35 years of following sports is a hell of a lot more people try and get and edge(YES CHEAT) than not.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;1762838 said:
So his website states that he worked with players that played for the Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, that sounds legit.

Hey, wanna buy some steroids? I'll put your name on my website!

yeah that is the way the cbs11 news put it, it was their lead story.

I got the feeling from rich dalrymple's response that this guy was doing exactly what you said.

I dont doubt there is a steroid problem in the nfl though, but until they have testing and names of the guilty to prove it you have to take stuff like this with a grain of salt.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1762833 said:
Anyone who thinks that there are no Cowboys using steroids is a rube. Of course that could be said about every team in the NFL.

I don't think people realize how big of a joke the testing policy is.
I agree. I've read where players laugh that anyone gets caught and how that person must be a total idiot.

It exists on every team, a lot more than the NFL catches and sanctions.