Video: Breaking down 3 Free Agent Safeties that could help the Cowboys

Reaction score
A guy nobody is talking about. Demonte Kazee, FS Atlanta Falcons. Was on IR last year with an injury. Could be the type of bargain guy Steven likes. Has a history with Quinn and started a lot of games for Atlanta due to injuries to Ricardo Allen & K. Neal

Indeed, I think we should all be connecting free agents with a history tied to Quinn and that could come at a low cost

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I really like Keanu Neal, but he may be redundant with Wilson here. Talented guy who had back to back injury years IIRC.
Feel like Maye may get overpaid by the Jets to retain talent.
Simmons feels like a Madden dream, especially with recent history of this team valuing safety+ his salary demands.

Unfortunately I feel like they'll aim low again in FA and try for a sparq guy in the draft
Yet you still promote the buy the injured guy approach.
Jerry has conditioned you well.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
A guy nobody is talking about. Demonte Kazee, FS Atlanta Falcons. Was on IR last year with an injury. Could be the type of bargain guy Steven likes. Has a history with Quinn and started a lot of games for Atlanta due to injuries to Ricardo Allen & K. Neal
Why should he bring a guy here who wasnt good with him? Was he a diamond among trash? Because Atlanta d wasnt good.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Why should he bring a guy here who wasnt good with him? Was he a diamond among trash? Because Atlanta d wasnt good.

I don’t know. Not necessarily advocating for the guy. Just saying it makes a lot of sense connecting the dots. We all know there is little chance of a big market FS being signed here due to the upcoming Dak contract and the Steven Jones influence.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don’t know. Not necessarily advocating for the guy. Just saying it makes a lot of sense connecting the dots. We all now there is little chance of a big market FS being signed here due to the upcoming Dak contract and the Steven Jones influence.

Let me fix it for you. "We all now there is little chance of a big market FS being signed here due to the the Steven Jones influence."

Lol we could be sitting on $200 million in cap and he'd sign somebody from the Family Dollar section.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Let me fix it for you. "We all now there is little chance of a big market FS being signed here due to the the Steven Jones influence."

Lol we could be sitting on $200 million in cap and he'd sign somebody from the Family Dollar section.

Lol
Correction: I meant “We all KNOW”

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

I have this theory that Jerry insists Stephen saves money so he can buy "stuff." (Planes, buses, helicopters, boats, etc., etc.) ;)

Bizwah

Reaction score
Hooker actually seems likely. He seems like our type of signing. High risk...high reward.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just saw a mock draft that had us trading pick 10 to the stealers so they can take the N. Dakota St QB, and we get there 24, 55 and 1st round pick in 22, and with the 24 pick take Jaycee Horn CB from S. Carolina ( little carolina referred too here in NC).

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The Cowboys approach at the safety position needs to change heading into the 2021 off season. With only one safety under contract the team has a ton of confidence in as a starter (Donovan Wilson), free agency could provide the other if the Cowboys decide to make a play. Here are some options to keep an eye on.

Its very possible the way the Cowboys operate they will just draft a guy but who do you think could be a good free agent safety pick up?

And just where is the cap space coming from to sign any bigger ticket free agents? A smaller cap next year, so where?

Reaction score
And just where is the cap space coming from to sign any bigger ticket free agents? A smaller cap next year, so where?

It’s very likely Stephen stays cheap even if he had the most cap room in the league. Nonetheless I’ve listed some lower cost free agents in the video for those that are looking there as well

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JTerrell- That was an impressive post with safeties listed. Loved everything EXCEPT the part about resigning Woods. I sure hope that doesn't materialize!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hoping that with Quinn knowing the value of the position he could have some influence on upgrading it there and not shopping at family dollar. Im with you on Neal I do feel like he could be redundant BUT if Quinn feels like he can get Wilson to play the single high role at a good level then Neal could be the addition that happens given the familiarity.
I think Neal is our most likely target if we do go after a starter in FA. Hooker kinda fits the type of player we look at in FA though.

I know it's preseason, but Wilson did look very natural and instinctive as a single high in the 2019 preseason

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They think you can put any cornerback back there to just run around. Like safety isnt about instinct and route recognition :facepalm:
Im buying reggie robinson working out like i bought byron or awuzie or lewis.
What's funny is that Robinson was exactly what the last staff wanted at CB......then they moved him to S