Breaking down Center Brock Hoffman and Guard TJ Bass

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ball, Waletzko, Richards.

Not one of them can seem to find their way on to the field yet the front office continues to insist that they are fine building through the draft only, and can rely on it for immediate help.

Don’t get me started on the DB collection of the same variety.

1942willys

Reaction score

Not one of them can seem to find their way on to the field yet the front office continues to insist that they are fine building through the draft only, and can rely on it for immediate help.

Remember the Phil Costa era when Jerry was claiming he could rebuild the Great Wall with UDFA's and rejects?

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score

lol. Laughing (frustratingly) with you, not at you.

I’m not out on Richard’s yet as having some worth, but Ball and Waletzko can hit the road.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Remember the Phil Costa era when Jerry was claiming he could rebuild the Great Wall with UDFA's and rejects?
I remember Jerry was asked why he didn’t invest in the offensive line.

His answer was that he shouldn’t have to since Hudson Houck was the highest paid OL coach in the league.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I think we still address OL in the draft, but not in the first. There's plenty of depth at Center and Guard in this draft. There isn't a single Tackle in this draft that can play Guard or Tackle better than Tyler Smith, so there's no reason wasting a first on them. Take the BPA. WR, or trade down is my guess.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think we still address OL in the draft, but not in the first. There's plenty of depth at Center and Guard in this draft. There isn't a single Tackle in this draft that can play Guard or Tackle better than Tyler Smith, so there's no reason wasting a first on them. Take the BPA. WR, or trade down is my guess.
They have too many holes on the offense.

If they see an All American LT or C or RB, take them.