CFZ Breaking History

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it’s more than 12-13. I believe that as long as the QB can go into stadiums and block out the noise and just do easier plays, avoid risks, and take a couple well calculated gambles the points will come in this league.

What’s there to be credible about? I made a mistake on years played-big deal. My argument relates to when a player has had sufficient time to make an assessment as to how far the team can realistically go. QB’s require tons of cap space, but more importantly they dominate the offensive scheming and somewhat the rest of the offensive personnel. Moving on from a QB can knock over lots of other dominoes.
Dak
Arod
Burrow
Herbert
Hurts
Lamar
Deshaun
Goff
Geno
Josh
Mahomes
Lawrence
Kirk
Tua

That’s about all I could come up with and there being generous to guys like Geno and Tua.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Dak is one of those QBs you have to pay for a lack of a better choice. It's like hiking through the desert and coming upon someone selling a bottle of water for 50 bucks. You have no choice. Pay the 50 or die. And then you still might die anyway. But you have that tiny bit of hope.

You can't use your criteria. Quarterbacks like Blake Bortles and Case Keenum made it to championship games. You would pay those bums? Teams took them there.

Unless you have a top end elite QB that will make your team a contender almost every year, you're going to need a stacked team to make a deep run in the playoffs, or get to a SB. That's what the Eagles and 49ers are doing, that's what Dallas has to do.
I said the QB I would extend would also need to perform very well in the postseason games too (most of not all the games). Dak has had some real clunkers when facing great defenses.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Dak
Arod
Burrow
Herbert
Hurts
Lamar
Deshaun
Goff
Geno
Josh
Mahomes
Lawrence
Kirk
Tua

That’s about all I could come up with and there being generous to guys like Geno and Tua.
My general point is there are probably some good QB’s that are either on terrible teams OR they were already broken from being on that terrible team. They might be a backup or a struggling young player.

I’m a firm believer that the oline play is atrocious for like half the league. Which will make most QB’s look terrible. Who would have bet on Geno having that year prior to last season? Seattle stabilized the line and added some more runners. Geno is better equipped to just step in though.

I could see the Cowboys going all the way, but my view is that it will take a 2000 Ravens, 1985 Bears or another top defensive effort to get there.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I said the QB I would extend would also need to perform very well in the postseason games too (most of not all the games). Dak has had some real clunkers when facing great defenses.
Name the clunkers Dak has had in the 6 playoff games he has played in.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And Drew ended up in a conference title game before his seventh season. He made it to the NFCCG in his fifth season (as a starter).

I’m actually pretty level headed. What they are trying to do with Dak would break all time NFL records.
Very similar to results tied directly to quarterback productions.

Injury affected the process for both and top end productions when healthy were similar. At the Super Bowl level for Brees, he had a very top end defense and full support of the city of New Orleans. Brees won his Super Bowl in year 9.

Potentials are very similar as as well, Prescott does have seasons in the playoffs and with wins there as well.

Kind of straining gnats here, to swallow the camel.

Winning for Dallas is presently on the team. Not failure statistics since 1995. And again just blame it on Jerry and Dak now.

We shall watch just how good the current Cowboys' offense is - here and now.

Not that the great flood happened and no Noah's ark was there to save the world.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak continues to perform against a SF type defense in the playoffs like he has for 2 years, it will take a Dilfer level defense to succeed.

And teams do move on from playoff QB’s. The team just needs conviction and the stones to try for a higher level.
Start naming the teams that have moved on from playoff QBs? Dak isn’t the sole reason the Cowboys lost those two playoff games to San Francisco. We couldn’t run the ball in either loss, go look at our rushing totals and averages in those games. Even Dilfer had a running game to help him. Can’t take anyone serious that’s trying to lump Dak in with Trent Dilfer.

Flamma

Reaction score
A lot of QBs suck when facing great defenses. Ask Peyton Manning or Joe Montana. But we're talking good defenses, not great.

I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't have given Dak the contract he's playing under now. But right now the Cowboys are in a situation where it looks like they can contend for the next 2-3 years. We need someone at QB. Dak isn't bad when we have the better team in the playoffs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Thank you Blitzen to sticking to a talking through your opinions...that is what discussion involves. That part I do appreciate.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mostly true

but Alex Smith, Jimmy G and some others say Hello
KC was looking to replace Alex Smith, which is why they moved up into the top 10 to draft Mahomes. Get real! San Francisco was looking to replace Jimmy G, which is why they traded the farm to move up in the draft for Trey Lance. He was injury prone and not a dynamic enough QB. The Cowboys aren’t looking to replace Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Start naming the teams that have moved on from playoff QBs? Dak isn’t the sole reason the Cowboys lost those two playoff games to San Francisco. We couldn’t run the ball in either loss, go look at our rushing totals and averages in those games. Even Dilfer had a running game to help him. Can’t take anyone serious that’s trying to lump Dak in with Trent Dilfer.
:hammer: :hammer:

CCBoy

Reaction score
A lot of QBs suck when facing great defenses. Ask Peyton Manning or Joe Montana. But we're talking good defenses, not great.

I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't have given Dak the contract he's playing under now. But right now the Cowboys are in a situation where it looks like they can contend for the next 2-3 years. We need someone at QB. Dak isn't bad when we have the better team in the playoffs.
My window is three at present, and a lot of lower contract movements included.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Start naming the teams that have moved on from playoff QBs?
In the last 10 years:

Eagles
Seahawks
Raiders
Panthers
Falcons
Commanders
Chargers
Chiefs
Vikings
Rams
Packers
Lions
Dolphins
Titans
Colts
Ravens
Bengals
49ers

CCBoy

Reaction score
In the last 10 years:

Eagles
Seahawks
Raiders
Panthers
Falcons
Commanders
Chargers
Chiefs
Vikings
Rams
Packers
Lions
Dolphins
Titans
Colts
Ravens
Bengals
49ers
Now just how many of those changes have as well been in the Championship or Super Bowl levels when changed?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In the last 10 years:

Eagles
Seahawks
Raiders
Panthers
Falcons
Commanders
Chargers
Chiefs
Vikings
Rams
Packers
Lions
Dolphins
Titans
Colts
Ravens
Bengals
49ers
You’re wrong on all of them. Lol They were good reasons those teams moved on from those QBs. Several of those QBs were aging or in decline and practically none of those teams were making the playoffs consistently with any of those QBs. I’ve already pointed out why some of those teams moved on from those QBs. Try again.

CCBoy

Reaction score
How do you mean? Isn’t this related to Dak?
Beam me up, Scottie, no intelligent life forms on this planet!

The discussed topic was an off shoot to limit applications of categories not developed fully with credable references. Just I heard stereotypes...

Pick up the question and answer it, to discuss merit involved.

And some day, if I can, I'm going to be a television repairman, just like my old man.

Implied instead was productions better than is presently here with Dak Prescott....proof?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You’re wrong on all of them. Lol They were good reasons those teams moved on from those QBs. Several of those QBs were aging and none of those teams were making the playoffs consistently with any of those QBs. Try again.
how do you define aging at the QB position? Dak will be 30 this season, Matt Stafford was 32 when Detroit traded him, Russell Wilson 33 when Seattle traded him. Jimmy G is 31 and Jared Goff was 26. I would say all are somewhat comparable situations to Dak in Dallas right now.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Beam me up, Scottie, no intelligent life forms on this planet!

The discussed topic was an off shoot to limit applications of categories not developed fully with credable references. Just I heard stereotypes...

Pick up the question and answer it, to discuss merit involved.

And some day, if I can, I'm going to be a television repairman, just like my old man.
What team would drop a QB who has conference championship game or Super Bowl credentials and still in their prime?

Like Jimmy G and Jared Goff or different from that?

CCBoy

Reaction score
What team would drop a QB who has conference championship game or Super Bowl credentials?

Like Jimmy G and Jared Goff or different from that?
And....?

Just where are current quarterback talents for San Francisco and the Rams the past season and now? Top shelf with change?