Breaking it Down By the Numbers

Ratmatt

Reaction score
Hostile;1476521 said:
Am I crazy to look at the movement that way?

I believe your draft is made in the 4th round more than the 1st. In the 1st round you expect to get value. When you find value in the 4th, man that is a good draft.

Now I see us having an early 4th and another one, and I can't help but think. this is a good omen for us. Give me any two of these guys...Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina or Courtney Brown, CB, Penn State or Zak DeOssie, ILB, Brown or Jordan Palmer, QB, UTEP, and I am going to be ecstatic with this draft.

Doug Free is still there. Alan Barbre is still there. Manny Ramirez is still there. If we want more on the OL, we can get it.

I want to take a chance on the big kid, Walter Thomas at NT. After the 4th round we still have 5 picks left.

If we want to package those 5 we can move up even more.

I don't know, from where I sit, all we lost was a 53 which could turn into a top 5. Even if it's just top 10, that's still 43 places of improvement for that pick too.

It's a great day.
Your 100% right on this.I totally agree with you.I thought they had a great day.The problem is that there are people that had their heart set on a wide receiver,or a defensive back.They can't look at it logically,because they didn't get what they want.They only care about right now,and not next year.They're the same people that will be on this site praising this trade when the 2008 draft rolls around.I thought it was a great day,but I guess you can't please everyone.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Ratmatt;1476591 said:
Your 100% right on this.I totally agree with you.I thought they had a great day.The problem is that there are people that had their heart set on a wide receiver,or a defensive back.They can't look at it logically,because they didn't get what they want.They only care about right now,and not next year.They're the same people that will be on this site praising this trade when the 2008 draft rolls around.I thought it was a great day,but I guess you can't please everyone.
You said exactly what I think. People get so married to the players they want that they can't look at anything else.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1476576 said:
I got 3 words for ya.

Darren Freaking McFadden.

In my wildest dreams I wouldn't have believed we might have a shot at someone like him.
I'm a McFan, but I'd sure like to see one our two guys prove themselves this year. If Julius can't completely take reign early on, then give Barber the rock and see if he can handle full-time duties.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Hostile;1476576 said:
I got 3 words for ya.

Darren Freaking McFadden.

In my wildest dreams I wouldn't have believed we might have a shot at someone like him.

I'd like to call the Elias Sports Bureau and find out if there has ever been a SB team with the #1 pick:cool:

One can hope;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1476620 said:
I'm a McFan, but I'd sure like to see one our two guys prove themselves this year. If Julius can't completely take reign early on, then give Barber the rock and see if he can handle full-time duties.
I can't argue with you on that. It could also mean a franchise QB if Romo doesn't live up to expectations.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1476521 said:
Am I crazy to look at the movement that way?

I believe your draft is made in the 4th round more than the 1st. In the 1st round you expect to get value. When you find value in the 4th, man that is a good draft.

Now I see us having an early 4th and another one, and I can't help but think. this is a good omen for us. Give me any two of these guys...Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina or Courtney Brown, CB, Penn State or Zak DeOssie, ILB, Brown or Jordan Palmer, QB, UTEP, and I am going to be ecstatic with this draft.

Doug Free is still there. Alan Barbre is still there. Manny Ramirez is still there. If we want more on the OL, we can get it.

I want to take a chance on the big kid, Walter Thomas at NT. After the 4th round we still have 5 picks left.

If we want to package those 5 we can move up even more.

I don't know, from where I sit, all we lost was a 53 which could turn into a top 5. Even if it's just top 10, that's still 43 places of improvement for that pick too.

It's a great day.

that sir, was an excellent post, and I'll say it again, this draft, the best value is on the 2nd day, look at all these intriguing prospects w/ potential still available

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Ratmatt;1476591 said:

It's kinda like, do you want a Corvette this year, or a Lamborgini next year?

Spectre

Reaction score
can you do my taxes, Hos?

And make me feel like I gained in the end?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Spectre;1476648 said:
can you do my taxes, Hos?

And make me feel like I gained in the end?
There are 2 things you never want me to do. Fix your car or do your taxes. Anti-Midas touch. It will turn to crap.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1476625 said:
I'd like to call the Elias Sports Bureau and find out if there has ever been a SB team with the #1 pick:cool:

One can hope;)
I can answer that...nope.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
yes but until the last trade it looked like we gave up our 3rd for a guy we could have gotten at the top of the 2nd round...since we got it back I am happy