Breakthrough: who can steal the show at camp

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/breakthrough-who-could-steal-the-show-at-camp

4 different answers here.

Why in the heck do they keep pushing Deuce as some sort of great player. I do not see it. But he was one of the answers.

Flournoy, in the absence of CeeDee, Stephens, since Schoonmaker coming off the hamstring injury, Turpin, as the 3rd WR, not considering his return game, those were the other answers.

Who do you have.
I will go with Trey Lance though that is expected in a way. So from the unexpected, Nate Peat.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Juan Thomas may take Wilson or Hooker’s starting spot in camp.

I expect Sam Williams to look all world in preseason…only to disappoint once the season starts.

Reactions: CWR

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Some UDFA as they do every year lol

Micah and guyton will go at it Micah will make him look stupid, then come in the season and you won't hear from Micah

Creeper

Reaction score
There is usually 1 WR that at comes out of nowhere and has a great camp. The hype goes through the roof and he is meh in the regular season, if he sticks to the roster.

The problem with camp is it is Cowboys against Cowboys. If Mazi beats up on Beebe, or the other way around, how do we look at that? Is one of them good, or is the other bad? I want to see preseason games with Cowboys against first team opponents. If someone excels in those matchups, I will sit up and pay attention, otherwise I will be looking at my phone playing a game or browsing social media.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Vaughn is probably a good bet to stand out. Sometimes it's not as much about how good the player is, but how bad the rest of the position is. Vaughn and Peat are probably going to get talked about if they flash at all given the depth issues at RB.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/breakthrough-who-could-steal-the-show-at-camp

Why in the heck do they keep pushing Deuce as some sort of great player. I do not see it. But he was one of the answers.

Flournoy, in the absence of CeeDee, Stephens, since Schoonmaker coming off the hamstring injury, Turpin, as the 3rd WR, not considering his return game, those were the other answers.

Who do you have.
I will go with Trey Lance though that is expected in a way. So from the unexpected, Nate Peat.
Because they see the obvious talent.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
There is usually 1 WR that at comes out of nowhere and has a great camp. The hype goes through the roof and he is meh in the regular season, if he sticks to the roster.

The problem with camp is it is Cowboys against Cowboys. If Mazi beats up on Beebe, or the other way around, how do we look at that? Is one of them good, or is the other bad? I want to see preseason games with Cowboys against first team opponents. If someone excels in those matchups, I will sit up and pay attention, otherwise I will be looking at my phone playing a game or browsing social media.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! Every camp someone beats up on their own teammate, then we scrimmage or play in games and you don't hear about them, I say we just pipe down big time

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Who do you have.
Marshawn Kneeland. Partly because I think he's going to be a good player. Partly because he's going up against players like Edoga.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Who do you have.
Beebe

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I remember when Antwaun Woods (I believe it was him) was holding his own and even beating Travis Frederick early in camp. Then, we learned that Frederick had Guillain-Barre Syndrome. It took a career-ending nerve disorder for our defensive tackles to look good.