Breer: Cards may have to settle for a Brandin Cooks-type trade for Hop

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I agree that it isnt happening, but if you could get him for a 4th AND Hopkins did say he would redo some money to make a deal happen, dont you, at the minimum, need to make a call to the cards and have your money guys start trying to make some money work??????Th thought of Cooks, Lamb AND HOPKINS.... that is EASILY the best WR corps in the game.... and dont we always talk about going "All In?" well this would be the definition of "All in."
I’m not disagreeing that we should make the call…I just don’t think they will.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If we’re playing Madden, imagine what it would be like if we added Tyreek Hill! And maybe Jefferson too!
except Jefferson and T Hill arent available for chump change.... Hopkins is. Watch Buffalo get him for a4th and Hopkins agree to rework his deal where he counts 10 million against this years cap and watch this place explode on our FO for not even looking into it.

conner01

Reaction score
In no way is Cooks a better player than Deandre Hopkins. Not back then, not now, not ever
He’s out produced him over the last two years
That is a fact
And Hopkins had a much better QB
That is a fact
Hopkins has the better career but he’s also much closer to the end of that career
I would have liked Hopkins but we got Cook for a minimal picks
Cards over played their hand and list
The market ain’t what they thought it would be

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He’s out produced him over the last two years
That is a fact
And Hopkins had a much better QB
That is a fact
Hopkins has the better career but he’s also much closer to the end of that career
I would have liked Hopkins but we got Cook for a minimal picks
Cards over played their hand and list
The market ain’t what they thought it would be
Hop was suspended and hurt these last 2 seasons.

Lets look at his last full season (2020)

115/1407/6 TDs

Cooks in 2020

81/1150/6 TDs

Cooks never had over 90 catches. Never had over 1250 yards. Never had over 10 TDs

Its not close

Adreme

Reaction score
I think Mr. Zack Martin would like a word with you......
He can play 3 positions? Wow he really is good because outside of his position the interior is not good and an OLine with 2 weak links right next to each other is weak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And - no need to use a pick on a WR in the draft
I wouldn’t say that. Cooks has bounced around the league and may not be with the Cowboys long-term. Although it’s very likely there’s no guarantees we can get a deal done with CeeDee. There’s no insurances Gallup will return to form. The jury is still out on Jalen Tolbert. If the Cowboys see a WR they like in the draft they’ll take them.