Twitter: Breer: Cowboys Training Camp

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Fehoko isn't a TE. He will play some of the spots of a move TE like Noah Brown does at most.
Kyle Pitts isn't a TE either by that definition. --He lines up more outside at WR then in tight.
Dallas just has to build a TE corps that works and Fehoko could be the move TE in that group.
He can grow into a Waller like role. He just won't growing into a Kelce type role as he'll never be a plus blocker at his size.
But 10M a year to be a slot TE is def worth fighting for if I am Fehoko.

817Gill

Reaction score
Yeah, it is kind of strange. Breer (who is very football savvy) is clearly thinking of Fehoko as a TE. I do know that the team said early in the offseason that they wanted Simi to gain weight to have some TE duties (I’ll try to find something on it). Breer watched practice, so he must’ve seen Fehoko playing some TE or having some TE duties. At least that’s my guess.

At 6-3 225 (before any weight gain) he has the size to be a receiving, move TE. He’d probably the the fastest in the league.

I’m not sure. All I know is that everyone is talking about how well Simi has been playing… so I’m eager to see how they’ll use him. Some TE? No TE? All TE? Very intriguing.
He did say himself (Simi) that coaches asked for him to bulk up and play a hybrid-TE role but with all the turnover in the offseason at WR it seemed like that plan was abandoned.

I will say I have seen plenty of TC highlights of Simi running down the seam making plays. I like using the big body guy like that.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Serious question........would you offer LVE a long-term deal if returns to his rookie form or let him walk?

No I would not. He is in a contract year and so he is (and should be!) motivated to grab the bag. I just don’t think it should be here… too many injuries, too much hesitancy at a position that requires physicality and decisiveness.

Can he bring it for a year to cash in? Yes. Can he be counted on to play at that level for 3-5 years and be compensated as a top LBer in the NFL? Highly doubtful

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hope you are right.
I look at these two positions very differently.

WR3/WR4 is one of easier NFL positions to fill with a replacement level player.
OL is much harder as there are a dearth of NFL caliber OL out there.
And I don't trust Dallas to actually trade for a guy who wouldn't start here.
Which realistically means letting Tyron play a few games hurt or some such.
wr2 and wr3 you meant?

i mean we need bodies for the first month bro.,,short term its very important battle.

no need to trade at this moment but trust LMAO you mean how they went and got AC in 18 turned the season around big time? they will if they feel its necessary. once again camp is for the young guys you go out ONCE cut downs happen up to the final PS game and you will see soem depth type OL worth picking up or team wanting cheap draft picks to get rid of position they are long in..

conner01

Reaction score
He wasn't very good in Pittsburgh, and they are pretty much a WR factory
He avg about the same yards per catch and catch pct as Gallup just lots less targets
He has the potential to be a solid WR, though probably never a super star
If a young guy can do the same then that’s a better option for sure, but he’s not a bad receiver at all

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree....another poster estimated his value at the $8-10M range, which I think is close.

Something like that sure. less guarantees more incentives that should be easy to hit if he's healthy.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Maybe the whole idea behind Fehoko replacing isn't quite as far-fetched as it seems. There might be something to the notion that Fehoko could play TE, despite his weight being considerably lighter than Schultz. Since Schultz has never been a good blocker, the thinking might be that Fehoko could match Schultz's blocking and come at a lesser cost but with considerably more speed. I can easily picture Stephen taking on such an idea. Whether that might work out sufficiently or not remains to be seen. Maybe he could gain another 10 lbs. or so, without being hampered much in his speed.

I hope they just keep him as is without experimenting on whether he can keep the speed or not. These so called experiments never work out for the better.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Apparently in the Tongan language, the word "Simi" translates as "Rico" and "Fehoko" means "Gathers"...

Simi was a good receiver in college. He has good measurables - 6'3, 220 lbs, 4.4 in the 40. If he can keep it up, he might earn himself a roster spot.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I hope they just keep him as is without experimenting on whether he can keep the speed or not. These so called experiments never work out for the better.

You might very well have a good point, here. I'm awaiting something revealing to get us more information. Where the Cowboys are concerned, I guess anything is possible. I'm hoping something good happens. Maybe he'll succeed, as is, without any need to change into a TE. We'll see. I'm assuming the staff is simply trying to find ways to get everyone involved in the offense, with as few cuts as possible. The numbers game can be a very brutal thing. o_O

Last edited:

Big D

Reaction score
Kyle Pitts isn't a TE either by that definition. --He lines up more outside at WR then in tight.
Dallas just has to build a TE corps that works and Fehoko could be the move TE in that group.
He can grow into a Waller like role. He just won't growing into a Kelce type role as he'll never be a plus blocker at his size.
But 10M a year to be a slot TE is def worth fighting for if I am Fehoko.
He's got the speed to toast many cb's , imagine him lined up on a lb. :omg:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Serious question........would you offer LVE a long-term deal if returns to his rookie form or let him walk?

No.

The guy has had a neck injury and needed surgery. No way i would bind my faith to him long term. Too much risk for my salary cap involved.

Id offer him a one year contract if he plays well this year. Highly incentive ladden and without any kind of bonus paid up front.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Yup that’s what has me raising my eyebrow:

“Simi Fehoko might be part of that equation, too. He looks like he could grow into a real factor in the passing game in his second year out of Stanford. His improvement may mean we see Dallas in more two-tight-end sets, which would help the team manage the receiver injuries through September. And it might give the Cowboys some flexibility in how they approach Dalton Schultz’s contract situation after the season.”

No one else find this strange?
The team asked him to bulk up and told him will try some TE role , I think.

but dont we have enough pass catching TEs and not enough blocking TEs ?