News: Breer: Micah Parsons: The Defensive Gronk?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I started saying he's the Mike Tyson of football/linebackers.

Now Jerry Jones is saying that same thing. Not that I'm taking credit for it. It's a pretty obvious sports analogy to make.

After this year, I think Parsons will be the defensive version of his own player, Micha Parsons.

Well, a little awkward here.
Comparing Tyson,* that life form built to hurt, to Micah is ... odd.
Really, the CZ party went silent for awhile. Lil Bit the Exchange Professor almost dropped a plate of porkers in a rug. @Bobhaze arched his brow. And @5Stars went out for Miller and St. Pauli's Girl.
Yes, lad, your Americana pop comparison was, perhaps, bad form.
Don't take credit on such an odd comparison.
MV5BMTc5NjkyNTcxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTIxNTEzMjE@._V1_.jpg

I do go on, but generally you seem to be an emerging scribe of this site, though I believe you might have pro experience in your background.
Your posts sing with doubts (to use a horrible mixed metaphor) and they make me think.
If we ever meet at a pub or barbecue grill show, we shall put our heads together and write something important. Also, after putting our heads together, we'll get lice but we can buzz cut.

Holla

*Tyson was implicated/convicted of rape and served time. He is known to have biten off an opponent's ear in the ring. Also, Tyson, has been seen on video punching an airline passenger and, as a kid, beating up kids older than he and then beating up the kids' dads. Overall, a walking life form who speaks inanities.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If your other players can’t win when Micah takes all that attention then that’s your personnel department’s fault. Lawrence, Osa/Gallimore, Armstrong, Fowler, etc, can get the most favorable matchups possible and make plays. Not sure why you act like it’s Micah and a bunch of college level guys, there’s talent all across the line.

Just like Micah has to be a run down LB at times, Pitts has to block. You don’t only do one thing when you’re an extremely versatile all time athlete. You can try to nitpick it all you want but the analogy is simple. You have unicorn athlete/player you use him all over the field. You don’t put him in one place and have him be a conventional player, that’s just a waste of versatility.
We had Micah last year playing at an DPOY level, and the second highest sack total on the team was Randy Gregory with 6, followed by Dorance Armstrong with 5.

And before you say Tank was injured, he hasnt a double-digit sack season in 4 years now.

Im not 100% advocating Micah playing DE full-time, but he needs to be rushing the passer more than playing off-ball. Fowler, Basham, Armstrong, and Gholston are all Jags. Idc how much attention Micah commands, OCs and QBs do not fear those guys at all

817Gill

Reaction score
We had Micah last year playing at an DPOY level, and the second highest sack total on the team was Randy Gregory with 6, followed by Dorance Armstrong with 5.

And before you say Tank was injured, he hasnt a double-digit sack season in 4 years now.

Im not 100% advocating Micah playing DE full-time, but he needs to be rushing the passer more than playing off-ball. Fowler, Basham, Armstrong, and Gholston are all Jags. Idc how much attention Micah commands, OCs and QBs do not fear those guys at all
Well we agree that he should be rushing the passer a majority of the time lol. I don’t think he should be 50/50 I like a majority of his snaps being as a pass rusher.

I just don’t think you stick him at RDE every down. Move him around everywhere and have him rush from all over as well as the other things he can do. Just put him all over the formation and we good lol.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
I started saying he's the Mike Tyson of football/linebackers.

Now Jerry Jones is saying that same thing. Not that I'm taking credit for it. It's a pretty obvious sports analogy to make.

After this year, I think Parsons will be the defensive version of his own player, Micha Parsons.

I can see Parsons as a "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" kinda guy!