Brett Maher first kicker in history with three 60 yarders

CoachD

Reaction score
Aslong as his FG% is that bad and his Close kicks suck i dont want him.

A couple 60 yarders dont make up for it. I still dont trust him. Not even for the PAT.

IF he can get this nonsense missing Close kicks out of his game he will be elite though.

Weirdest Kicker ive ever seen.

Every PAT that Maher attempts is just inside the right upright!

kumizi

Reaction score
Nothing strange about it. Accuracy and strength are two different talents in almost every sport.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
He's only in his 2nd year, and he already has that record. How many will he make overall after he's done? 8? 9?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27891798/cowboys-brett-maher-first-kicker-make-three-60-yard-fgs

What gives with this guy? He's some strange player. Most Cowboys fans don't even want him, and he does crazy great things like this along with some high inconsistencies and bad misses from far closer range. His overall field goal percentage has to be among one of the lower percentages in the NFL, but if he can make kicks like this, he can be reliable with the game on the line. Like if we need a last second kick to end the half, or the game. I know today was a blowout, but next time he could be more useful.

We'd be at least 5-2 if he made the kicks he's supposed to, possibly 6-1 but I can't possibly overlook this aspect of his play.

I like this kid. Yeah, I wasn't happy with some missed chip shots. From now on, if he lines up for a short FG, just have someone tell him it's 70 yards out and nobody expects him to make it. That would probably take some pressure of him for the short FG's.

Congrats to both him and the coaching staff to have the guts to call that one.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Yet he missed a 40 yard chip shot vs the Jets last week that would have given us the win. Sorry for the rant, but Maher needs to be more consistent, especially when the game is on the line.
3dw260.jpg

That is the one constant we had with all our SB teams. A consistent kicker.

Those 3 points at a time add up during games and is overlooked.

I'm rooting for the kid and I have faith he may turn into the consistent kicker I'm hoping for. We'll see how this goes.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He struggles from the left hash for whatever reason.