Brian Baldinger rips into Jordan Davis

Sydla

Reaction score
He has been but he's sucked when healthy. But hard to develop when you aren't out there. Howie may have went to Georgia heavy. Carter seems to be the only one worth anything and he's just a rookie still.
Carter has kind of hit a wall too but that's not unusual for NFL rookies late in the year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Carter has kind of hit a wall too but that's not unusual for NFL rookies late in the year.
Yeah with him I feel he's at least down enough. But yeah he's hit his wall too he was out there getting gashed against the run too on Sunday. The situation in Philly seems to be toxic and that's the last thing Carter needs and the young guys. A lot of those young guys are use to winning and have never lost 4 out of 5 games.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Some have suggested that Seriani made be a surprise hot seat coach. I heard fans laughing since Philly just went to the SB, but if you are the owner, maybe you are asking what the hell he‘s doing? He doesn’t run the offense or the defense. Even when demot8ng the DC, does he take over? Nope, he gives it to a guy who is new to the staff.

Yes, they lost both coordinators in the offseason, but if their success was on the coordinators and they can’t win or play well without those two, then is Seriani a good head coach? What the heck is his job, and is he doing a good job at it?

JustChip

Reaction score
This is a little harsh, I think. I have watched Davis play. He often gets a double team. Coming out of college he had a rep for being a little lazy. He took a lot of plays off. Maybe this is what Baldinger is seeing now. But when Davis wants to play, he can be really good. But like I said, he had a rep in college. If he gets a whiff of failure maybe he will straighten up.
Maybe they need to write it in his contract like with Murray. Or Dallas tried to do with Gregory.

Bagman

Reaction score
2 super bowls in the last 6 years. What has Jerry done to match this?
He's made sure that the Arlington area is free of crack, prostitutes and crime unlike the scummy city of Philthydelphia.

Bagman

Reaction score
I hate to see the Eagles struggling. I hate to hear about division in their locker room. I hate that some of their draft picks aren't living up to expectations. I hate that so many people inside and outside of the organization are questioning their coaching staff. Most of all, I hate knowing that the Eagles' fans are having to deal with such disappointment and discouragement. They deserve better..

Is that how you do sarcasm? I tried to find a font labeled "sarcasm," but didn't see one.

:star:
You did great. Lol

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Too bad Davis is not a rookie and a second year player taking a step back is a huge problem in a typical 3 year development window.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Technically, I believe, he's been injured a lot. That's been his biggest issue.
Yeah I know but the point is, they knew he was injured when they drafted him, lo and behold, hes been injured almost constantly in the NFL. But all the pundits were saying how Philly hit a home run with him. Funny as heck . Now Philly is regretting it. They have no capable linebackers. They are trash.

Robster8989

Reaction score
I don't think he's a bust, but I do think they were expecting more.
He's a solid contributor, but they were hoping for more from such a high pick and physical specimin.
Their DL is pretty good.
Carter is the real deal, Cox, Davis and Milton Williams are all good, and their Edge guys are very good.
Going to be interesting to see what happens to Graham and Cox this year, do they bring them back?
They are both still very good.
Their Defensive woes are really the back 7.
I also question the coaching. They had solid coordinators last season, this year they needed more from Siriani, and he just hasn't delivered it. Last year was easy, they were so good, but this year they needed leadership and Nick just hasn't produced it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think his point is they went to 2 SBs in 6 years.

Hate it all you want, but it's much better than what Jerry has spit out the last 6 years.
Well he should've said they WENT to 2 SB's....fair enough.

You guys always do this though lol. In order to boost up Howie you have to bring Jerry up. I've never once said Jerry and co. were better than Howie. So if you want to say that Howie is a better GM then Jerry have at it. But I'm looking at the two rosters and I'd rather have the Cowboys roster than what the Eagles are throwing out there.

Howie is overrated. I preach it every time people want to hype him up.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I said this during that draft, you don’t move up close to the top 10 draft picks to take an overweight, part time player that will never be a pass rusher, just because he ran a fast 40 for a fat guy. Period. That isn’t Davis’ fault… that is Howie’s mistake.

Howie had just come out of a decade where none of his first round picks had done a thing (culminating with the tragic pick of Reagor over Justin Jefferson). He had picked a star SEC player the year before (DeVonta Smith) and it had seemingly worked, so he just decided to go all in on SEC players from a big SEC school. Davis was all the talk from running a sub 5.0 40 at the combine, and Howie traded up (!) for him.

It was a dumb move for a guy that should never play more than about 25 snaps, will never rush the QB, had always gotten by on just being a huge person, and will rarely use the speed that made you draft him in the first place. But again, that is Howie’s fault, not Davis’.

I can see using a first round pick on a guy like that, but it shouldn’t be anywhere close to the top 10 picks, and to trade up for him is a huge waste of draft resources. Howie was acting like the fans do when they go Gaga for a big guy that ran a fast 40. It was dumb.

Howie’s run on big name SEC guys in early rounds just highlights his problems with the draft. He’s fine for free agency, once guys have proven they can play in the NFL… I’m sure he can tell now that Jefferson is better than Reagor, just like everyone else can. Howie just uses Lurie’s money for that.

But Roseman has little business running a draft.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Dudes a bust. If he was a Cowboy we’d all be crying what a bust he is. Eagles last 3 draft picks

Jordan Davis Bust
Jalen Carter Good pick
Nolan Smith Bust
Too early for Nolan, but I'm leaning that way too.

In fairness though, Nolan really is a luxury pick for them and they got him for an assumed good value at the time.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Some have suggested that Seriani made be a surprise hot seat coach. I heard fans laughing since Philly just went to the SB, but if you are the owner, maybe you are asking what the hell he‘s doing? He doesn’t run the offense or the defense. Even when demot8ng the DC, does he take over? Nope, he gives it to a guy who is new to the staff.

Yes, they lost both coordinators in the offseason, but if their success was on the coordinators and they can’t win or play well without those two, then is Seriani a good head coach? What the heck is his job, and is he doing a good job at it?
I suggest they keep him at least 8-9 years to give him time to figure it out.